[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feminism and entertainment

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

It seems like feminism is on the decline in the public, but I am seeing the entertainment industry starting to push it harder than ever.

This is a new break-through pop/rock band and their entire shtick are the fact that they are three "rocker" girls. All of their videos are them behaving extremely smugly or making fun of men.

Watch these two videos to see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TffpkE2GU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQfcG-eimk
>>
File: 47e9c4664a2da4972053ad660b0a7111.jpg (455KB, 740x1110px) Image search: [Google]
47e9c4664a2da4972053ad660b0a7111.jpg
455KB, 740x1110px
>>
>>131964565
hnng
>>
Anyone remember "Riot Grrrls?"
Yeah, what I figured.
Anyway, that lasted about 14.5 minutes.
>>
>>131963896
>It seems like feminism is on the decline in the public, but I am seeing the entertainment industry starting to push it harder than ever.

This is the general trend with media. They're always running whatever is popular into the ground long after the public has become tired of it. There's also the aspect that those of us who are on 4chan are typically a little ahead of where the culture is going than the general public.
>>
>>131963896
>pushing harder than ever
>posts band no one has ever heard of
wew

who cares what mainstream music pushes
all of it is shit
that being said, anything pushed by the establishment is deliberately made so as to alter public opinion or social norms etc
don't listen to it. it's crass, vulgar, simplistic and manipulative. ignore it entirely

and everybody knows women dont actually play guitar
especially female bass players holy shit don't get me started
>>
>>131965744
They JUST became popular. They are playing on all of the talk shows.

>don't listen to it

-___- fucking obviously. We're addressing normies here. Normies are tiring of feminism, but the entertainment industry is pushing it.

>>131965595

Why is 4chan always ahead of the trend? I even noticed this on /b/ back in the day.
>>
>>131963896
well it's in the stage of commodification so it probably won't last much longer

And the average normie woman isn't really radically feminist. The problem is that public institutions have been infiltrated by this ideology.
>>
>>131966312
>the average woman isn't a radical feminist

No, but they subconciously internalize aspects of feminism. That is how paradigm shifting works. The general population does not conform to the most radical side of the spectrum, but they will take a much lighter/casual position on the matter.

For example, Trump implying that all Mexicans are rapists made it easier for people to say that they are concerned about illegal immigrants.

Or Richard Spencer saying that white people are the greatest race makes it easier for people to say that they are concerned about the anti-white bias in the media.

I have even known virgin Christian women who will just randomly voice a feminist opinion without even knowing what they are saying or where they picked it up.
>>
>>131966074
4chan allows people to be honest and say things before they are socially acceptable.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.