[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Baby-Boomers will Fuck us All

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: h108EA40A[1].jpg (56KB, 477x700px) Image search: [Google]
h108EA40A[1].jpg
56KB, 477x700px
>Last year, the first baby boomers turned 70 and that spells trouble for investors.

>Due to IRS mandatory minimum drawdown laws for retirement plans like IRAs and 401(k)s, when you turn 70 ½, you are forced to withdraw at least 5% of the value of the plan each year.
Boomers started turning 70 ½ in April, this is a real problem and people don’t understand the ramifications of it.

> “According to BlackRock, the average Boomer has only $136,000 saved for retirement. Even with return assumptions fixed at 7%, when they’re more like 2%, you are talking an income of $9,000 a year… that’s $36,000 shy of the ideal retirement income,”
>“When Boomers are retiring in their millions, they have 70% of their portfolios in equities… at a point in time when we are due a recession,” pointed out Grant Williams.“And in recession, bad things happen… the average stock market drawdown in recession since 1987 is 37%

Get out of Equities

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-30/grant-williams-get-out-equities-boomers-are-forced-sell-them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcpY9J2jM2w

TL;DR- We're fucked
>>
>it's another "boomers are responsible for all of my personal failures" episode
>>
>>131944891
It's not that at all. The Boomers are the largest generation to retire and most of them don't have enough cash. What do you do when you don't have cash? You sell equities.

When you have millions of people forced to dump stocks at once, because of the law and because they don't have money, the entire ship will sink.
>>
>>131945518
Could be. But then I've been convinced there is some giant bubble there that will burst for a year or so now.

Might be worth buying some precious metals.
>>
>>131946117
Unlike the 2008 housing crisis and 2000 dotcom bubble crash, the current bubble isn't driven by speculators, but rather by the central banks propping up the economy with endless QE. The only reason why the stock market is so valuable is because interest rates in the US have been so low that there's no incentive to keep your money in the bank. However, when the Boomers retire, because of American laws regarding 401Ks, they will literally be forced to unload their stocks onto the market driving prices down.

This makes the current bubble more abstract, but also more dangerous.
>>
>>131946117
The Fed hasn't accounted for the Boomers' imminent retirement when directing their monetary policy.
>>
>>131947056
Companies have tons of cash though, they will just do buybacks.
>>
>>131944641
whenever economists tell you to do something, shouldnt you do the opposite? Because they tell people to do something, hoping a bunch of people will do something "sell x", so then they can swoop in and buy it?
>>
Is there a legit source on this?

>Due to IRS mandatory minimum drawdown laws for retirement plans like IRAs and 401(k)s, when you turn 70 ½, you are forced to withdraw at least 5% of the value of the plan each year.

I'm curious
>>
>>131945518
is there a rough on average ratio of a stocks worth determined by 'publics demand of shares' and purely 'how much profits the business makes'; if a business makes a lot of profits and has shares are those shares automatically valuable? (my question is then, what percentage of that value is purely determined by 'the demand of those shares'?)
>>
>>131947266
I thought they can't afford to raise wages?
>>
File: 1486601625176.gif (249KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486601625176.gif
249KB, 500x375px
>>131947056

>Unlike
>>
File: TrumpTrumpTrump.jpg (98KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpTrumpTrump.jpg
98KB, 1200x800px
>Don't worry fellow centipedes! Trumpcare will destroy their healthcare!
>>
>>131951728
Every US system including healthcare will collapse

Trump will be blamed for this sadly
>>
>>131951992
To be fair, a good bit will have been his fault. There's lots he could be doing if he had any idea what was going on. He's a cool dude, and he's better than hillary, but he's not the man we need at the moment.
>>
>>131952504
>there's lots he could be doing

not really. we're talking about 100 years of gross fiscal mismanagement and buck-passing.

if anything, they just let Trump get elected so people wouldn't bother to look at the root causes (hint: the goyim can't know)
>>
Can't wait. I've got a heap of cash at the moment waiting for the inevitable market crash. When I buy after the crash I'll eventually be rich; rich as Jews!
>>
>live in the easiest possible era
>brag about how you had a corvette at 17
>only have 130k saved up after half a century
Boomer hate general?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.