[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miscarriage of Justice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Juliette-lewis.jpg (117KB, 628x353px) Image search: [Google]
Juliette-lewis.jpg
117KB, 628x353px
Previous thread: >>131813894

>Anon jury service.
>The case: 48yr old guy meets 17yr old Juliette Lewis lookalike and starts visiting her at home for sex (17 is legal).
>The problem: she's mentally handicapped, and according to her parents can't consent to anything.
>Cops decide there's nothing they can charge him with and case is dropped. Then the mom finds a dvd in the girl's room showing them banging; possible CP if girl was 17.
>Cops get a warrant, surround the guy's house. He hands over his hard drive. Some of the videos were of her at 17, making it CP.
> 40+ charges filed.
>When the girl testified, anon juror "couldn't really tell" if she was mentally handicapped (arguably, that's reasonable doubt on the consent issue).
>Expert testimony by prosecution on consent issue unrebutted by the defense.
>Guy was convicted on all counts, 100 years in prison.
>After the verdict, jury was told he had a previous conviction for diddling an 8 year old boy.

Something about this case stinks.

i) How is a layman supposed to determine whether someone who is of legal age is capable of consent, in circumstances where the person is not clearly mentally disabled?

(I would note that even if the defense failed to counteract expert evidence with an expert of their own (likely because they couldn't afford an expert), the jury does *not* simply have to accept the prosecution's expert; the jury instructions and/or the defense attorney should have explained this; reversible error if not.)

ii) There is a horrible "gotcha" aspect to cases where the sex itself is legal, but using a cell phone to record the activity results in massive legal penalties. Such laws are inequitable in that they place onerous penalties on otherwise legal acts. Based on the summary by anon, if ever a case called for jury nullification, this was such a case.

I hope the defendant somehow manages to get a good appellate attorney and challenge the ruling.
>>
>>131836078
>>After the verdict, jury was told he had a previous conviction for diddling an 8 year old boy.
>miscarriage
Anon... Up until this point I actually imagined it possible it wasn't an abusive relationship. Anyone who'd fuck a child would absolute abuse a much younger girl.

>>When the girl testified, anon juror "couldn't really tell" if she was mentally handicapped
This actually says mountains about women.. the average woman doesn't strike anyone as intelligent or even not mentally handicapped. No offence ladies, just a lot of you act retarded so people get used to it.
>>
>>131836903
>Anon... Up until this point I actually imagined it possible it wasn't an abusive relationship. Anyone who'd fuck a child would absolute abuse a much younger girl.

It's the principle of the thing. At 17, the girl was legal. If the anon juror couldn't tell if she was mentally handicapped when she testified, then it's unfair for the law to require the guy who had sex with a legal female to somehow render an expert judgment about whether she could legally consent or not. It's a bullshit legal standard.

The defendant is not a likable character, but the conviction in this case stinks, and should be challenged.
>>
>>131836078
So how exactly does a 47 year old sleep with a 17 year old? What do you think he said to her to convince her?? Also more Juliette Lewis?
>>
>>131836078
>>131837706
the west is completely cucked

this guy seems to be a total scum bag though and i wouldnt want him fucking my retarded daughter. but the mother is also insane if shes seriously never going to let her daughter fuck. just get her steralized or something and let her go to town.

so basically the smallest ounce of retardedness and the parents can maintain total control over the retarded kid until they die?
>>
>>131839574
There's a bit more detail in the original thread. It started in a chat room.

Being on a nofap regimen, I'm not digging around for anymore JL pics, friendo. But if the girl actually did look like JL, that dude - at 47, especially - hit a once-in-a-lifetime sex jackpot only to have it turn into the ultimate nightmare.
>>
>>131839574
She had a limited social circle because of her retarded parents, the guys her age didn't want to be the retarded girl's boyfriend.
>>
>>131840082
>so basically the smallest ounce of retardedness and the parents can maintain total control over the retarded kid until they die?

I'm not sure exactly how the rules work. On the previous thread, someone discussed a situation where the parents kept a marginal kid in retarded status to keep those state benefits coming. Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of shitty people who work similar schemes with kids, whether by birth, foster, or adopted.

>this guy seems to be a total scum bag though and i wouldnt want him fucking my retarded daughter. but the mother is also insane if shes seriously never going to let her daughter fuck. just get her steralized or something and let her go to town.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the solution is to a situation like that, but where the sex was legal age-wise, I feel like the guy got screwed on the consent issue, in particular. And it's crazy that you can be guilty of CP when the actual sex you engaged in was legal under state law. I'd feel different if he tried to sell or otherwise circulated the videos, but evidently he didn't.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.