[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sam Hyde changed my view on taxes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: sammyboy.jpg (5KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
sammyboy.jpg
5KB, 214x236px
In my free time, I really enjoy brainstorming on how the economy could be run most efficiently. I'm not very well versed on economics, but I think I have an alright idea of how things work. The only thing I constantly struggle to have a solid opinion on is taxes. I used to think Reagan did it right and the best way was just low taxes, period. But as I studied how taxes affected the economy, I realized that low taxes by themselves aren't the solution. That was what Bush did and it didn't go very well. Lately I saw a new video from HydeWars and I had an a-ha moment. I realized that it's not the taxes themselves, but rather tax codes. Small businesses have a hard time flourishing because they can't just send all of their tax stuff over to a warehouse full of accountants who can sort through it all like a large corporation could. If I were in charge, I'd make it so that tax code would be based around where the product is coming from. So say it's 4.5%, but in the next county over it's 4.7%. I think if you're selling from the first, it should carry over to the next, so that you could spare a small business the headache of trying to manage the regulations of every county they want to sell in. What do you guys think?
>>
Here's the video I watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY8Af4af5y4&t=918s
>>
>>131825964
i learned everything i know about taxes from vic 2
>>
>>131825964
Our financial sector and super-rich pay very little comparatively thanks to loopholes. Closing the loopholes larger corporations and etc. would make our current system effective.
>>
>>131826397
Yeah, I've thought about that a lot as well. The government should crack down on that.
>>
>>131825964
>But as I studied how taxes affected the economy, I realized that low taxes by themselves aren't the solution.

What specifically led you to that conclusion? Also what sources specifically did you study?
>>
>>131826725
>>131826397
Oh shit I forgot to examine the rest of the thread.
Shill thread.
Sage.
>>
>>131826725
Tax reform could be a pivotal step in Trump's policy, but he's settling for working with congress instead of forcing a more nationalist policy, making Ryan and the """conservatives""" work around that framework. Look at that most recent budget proposal. Its a fucking disaster.
>>
>>131827170
What makes closing loopholes in any way shilling you ancap faggot?
>>
>>131827170
Hello Drumpf
>>
>>131827008
Well, low taxes are definitely better, but I don't think that by itself is the solution. And what I was talking about was the economic growth in the late 90's despite high taxes.
>>
>>131827170
Also, I don't think I'm trying to shill or change anyone's point of view. Honestly I would be very happy to be educated more on this subject, so feel free to add.
>>
>>131827306
You'll never legislate your way out from under their control. "Closing loopholes" is code for "allowing bought off politicians to further oppress any goys who rival the super rich." Even if you're careful, this will always be the end result.
>>131827564
>>131827807
Okay so economic growth is usually measured in GDP. GDP is a terrible measure of economic output. It only measures the speed at which money changes hands. If economic growth is a car's speedometer, GDP is its heat gauge. The heat gauge can give you a ballpark estimate of what your economy is doing, but only if the engine is working right.

Look at the Monetarists and the Keynesians: they like to fiddle with interest rates. They know that artificially low interest rates "stimulate" the economy and this is how they justify their policies.

When you artificially lower interest rates, the future value of money decreases. (Inflation also does this.) Because money is a bad investment anyway, you're more likely to trade it for a bad investment. You're more likely to dump your money now instead of sitting on it. You're more prone to short-term oriented spending. This is also called consumerism. Fast food, excessive movies, video games, toys, recreational junk, weed, alcohol.

In short, your economy is just spinning its wheels pretending to get actual work done and you can't draw any conclusions about prosperity because you're not measuring prosperity in the first place.

You know the reason they want money changing hands like this even though it's detrimental long term? It's because you can tax money when it changes hands.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.