[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Eire/ what is that country really?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: LZgmXx4.jpg (242KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
LZgmXx4.jpg
242KB, 1600x800px
It was always my assumption, being born in the UK to Irish parents, that the Irish people were salt of the earth Nationalists and every Irishmens heroes were the likes of Wolfe Tone, Michael Collins and Patrick Pearse. From all the time I spent in Ireland with my family there they seemed to be in this mold.

I was always aware from my first learnings about the 1916 Rising that most of the population were against the Volunteers and IRA and while the average person was far from fond of the British Empire, most people were happy to settle for the work that was made available from it and as such did not support the instability rebels threatened. I however did believe that after the actions of General John Maxwell the previously pro Unionists elements of Irish society got fully behind Collins and saw the dead leaders and Volunteers as Martyrs.

In the last few years I have seen diversity and multiculturalism land in Ireland. As I assumed the Irish population were followers of the likes of Collins and Pearse, I assumed they would absolutely reject this. Instead, what I saw was a justification of 'we Irish should embrace multiculturalism as we were always migrants'. This thinking goes completely against what Pearse and Collins spoke about. The more I read about Pearse and Collins the less they are egalitarian communists as the post 1970s Sinn Fein would have you believe, but instead firm ethno Nationalists, who did not simply want Ireland want to exist outside of the harsh rule of Britain for the sake of it, but for the Ireland to be a powerful culture within an ethno state itself. Ethno Nationalism is all over the speech and writings of Irish Republicans for hundreds of years. And yet now the Irish population are pro multiculturalism.

It seems to me that despite being mostly revered as national heroes, the likes of Pearse and Collins were never endorsed by the majority of Irish and never will be. And as such Collins shouldn't have bothered getting out of bed.

Discuss.
>>
>>131809969
Tl;dr

I just wish you island niggers would burry the hatchet and start taking your countries back from the shitskins.
>>
>>131810521
Fair enough

the tldr was pretty much asking why your wish isn't reality.
>>
>>131810784
OK, still TL but DR.

Yeah you make good points. I'm a third generation potato in bergerland. I guess that makes me a french fry? No, fuck the French! Freedom Fry forever!

Anyway, it's the same everywhere. White guilt it seems is ubiquitous and is our Achilles heel. Collins got fucked over and would have had the north too if things were different. Not that it matters at this point.
>>
/pol/ please entertain me in actual political discussion like it is pre 2016
>>
>>131812021
>Collins got fucked over and would have had the north too if things were different. Not that it matters at this point.

Yep, we're fucked now, and a world in which Pearse survived long enough to negotiate the Treaty and thus hopefully Collins and Pearse surviving a lot longer would have led to a very different Europe today. But they were leaders who loved their nation and their people and as any leaders who loved their nation and their people in the 1900s they had to go.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.