[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Political nature of IQ testing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 32

File: index.jpg (5KB, 122x186px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 122x186px
I keep seeing pol users push the IQ political narative time and time again. I doubt any of you have actually taken any type of test, IQ, MCAT, SAT...yet you keep backing arguments based on IQ tests.

The largest study on intelligence has proven that IQ test are incapable of measuring intelligence, too simplistic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2250681/IQ-tests-meaningless-simplistic-claim-researchers.html

Study published in Neuron establishes that IQ testing is fundamentally flawed
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2250681/IQ-tests-meaningless-simplistic-claim-researchers.html
>>
>>131803713
> The largest study on intelligence has proven that IQ test are incapable of measuring intelligence, too simplistic
> one study
> proven

Low IQ nig detected
>>
>>131803713
IQ isn't the be all end all of intelligence, and the tests themselves are far from perfect, but IQ is a great way to predict life outcome and success.
>>
>>131804192
not according to the published studies.
>>
>>131803887
I bet you are the load that dribbled out of your mom's ass with a comment like that.
>>
>>131803713
I scored so high on the SAT that the defense department invited me to DC for a week long recruiting tour. It was pretty comfy desu.
>>
>>131803713
Citing information and links from the Daily Mail is generally a very good indicator of low IQ.
>>
>>131803713
>dailymail
Ha!
I needed a laugh today, OP, thanks.

Still going to sage this garbage though.
>>
>>131804690
SATs are based on academic knowledge and general proficiency. They therefore serve a function that is far more accurate than a general <intelligence test>

congrats!
>>
>>131804705
they mention the studies and the people behind them moron. It may have been published in the shitrag dailymail but the source of the article is scientifically sound
>>
>>131805045
The sources in the article include western university and neuron magazine...this is not a Dailymail study choda boy

fucking leaf...use it to wipe your taint
>>
File: 1498579691581.gif (2MB, 311x362px) Image search: [Google]
1498579691581.gif
2MB, 311x362px
>>131805349
Havaianas Nigger detected
>>
>>131805983
I summarize by your witty comment that you are the result of a family reunion jamboree gang bang

The largest study on IQ was performed by Western University and another was published in the Journal Neuro...these are NOT from my observations or even related to Brazil
>>
File: 1498616720718.jpg (83KB, 512x420px) Image search: [Google]
1498616720718.jpg
83KB, 512x420px
>>131806508
Kek
>>
>>131806908
Pol is the mothership of autistism

when you post something people don't like or don't want to admit, it is like a root canal

Don't supply scientific backing = meme
supply scientific backing = meme
>>
>>131804512
Yes according to the published studies unless you're willing to ignore all of the research aside from the two you cherry picked. As I said, it's a flawed metric but one that is great for predicting real world results. That's a pretty uncontroversial statement
>>
>>131807642
Are you from Paraiba? The lack of nutrients in your diet made you retarded
>>
IQ gives your ability to analyze a pattern or problem, and quickly make accurate decisions based on logic and reasoning applied to the problem space. This is the single most important skill in abstracting concepts and solving problems.
>>
>>131807840
When you perform the largest study on human intelligence (100,000 people), it is hardly cherry picking. No other study on IQ testing has even been performed, you can't defend IQ testing with small studies that have smaller sample sizes when you have a more accurate (incredibly large) sample size. That would constitute cherry picking

Both studies confirm that IQ testing is flawed and absolute rubbish.
People often forget that IQ testing was created for political purposes.
>>
>>131803713
That study means essentially nothing as it can't account for the incredible predictability of IQ.
>>
>>131808302
Your mom obviously fed you on mountain dew and doritos.

This is not a matter of opinion but is based on

1) the largest study ever performed on intelligence testing (sample size of 100,000!)

2) a study published in the Journal Neuron

This has nothing to do with me, Brazil or monkeys

Go cleanse your body with a thorough enima ...the shit has reached your brain and gone beyond your blood brain barrier
>>
File: 1498587309432.png (274KB, 1303x892px) Image search: [Google]
1498587309432.png
274KB, 1303x892px
>>131809228
Ok Lula, goodbye
>>
>>131808555
Yes, but according to the study this is far too simplistic when it comes to measuring the vast range of human intelligence. The study in Neuro concludes that the test itself is fundamentally flawed = meaningless and by no means an accurate assessment of human intelligence
>>
>>131803713
> But being good at one of these factors does not mean you are going to be equally gifted at the other two.

Lul, wut?
Apart from this article being on the verge of desintegrating by mere age, it is one big load of contradicitons.
They basically admit that they indeed found three factors that make up intelligence, and the sum of your score within those factors make up your intelligence. So they flat out proved iq-tests are very useful? And then somehow the writer/((researchers)) come to the opposite conclusion?
>>
>>131803713
So what? There are no better methods of measuring intelligence, and being flawed doesn't make it useless, far from it as it has proven to very accurately correlate with things like education, income and crime rates
>>
>>131804512
That is not AT ALL what the study said. The study suggested we use 3 measures for intelligence rather than a single number. This could certainly be the case as intelligence in likely based on more factors than we can possibly comprehend. That being said, IQ as a model works extremely well for making predictions. We can model the motion of a ball using an analysis to the quantum level, but it is pointless when classical mechanics works perfectly well.
>>
>>131808985
You obviously did not take the time to read the sources

Both studies conclude that IQ testing is meaningless and flawed at its core. Not a valid scientific tool to measure human intelligence

a flawed testing tool is tantamount to scientific garbage
>>
>>131809606
Even if the conclusion is valid that IQ is not an accurate assessment of human intelligence it does not in anyway diminish the predictive capability of the model.
>>
>>131809546

I am sorry you are no longer able to read anything more than 142 characters,

Your meme clearly shows that you have sound reasoning skills and in no way has your mind been turned to mush

go watch CNN
>>
>>131803713
This is correct but don't tell HRM that after their trail of bodies.
>>
>>131809228
He is just messing with you mate. Chill.
>>
File: iq outcomes.png (82KB, 558x731px) Image search: [Google]
iq outcomes.png
82KB, 558x731px
>thedailyfail
not even wikipedia accepts this as a source

The article sucks too, it cites this paper: http://www.cell.com/neuron/abstract/S0896-6273(12)00584-3
which got torn apart by these sources: http://www.sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S0160289614000270
http://www.sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S0191886913012889
http://www.sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S0191886913013731

Iq is a great predictor of outcomes, cry some more monkey nigger
>>
>>131810397
Indeed.

I'm Brazilian, escaped the jungle about 10 years ago.

Fica frio, tou trollando.
>>
>>131809784
You obviously have not read the sources behind the articles.

You are shitposting

The Western U study (largest study ever) concludes that said 3 measure of intelligence in no way determine the accurately human intelligence

Furthermore, the original reason for creating an IQ test was political, not scientific.

Political agendas and the junk science that is created to back said agendas is worthtless
>>
>>131810789
Mas a grande pergunta seria, voce eh paraibano ou carioca?
>>
>>131809785
By very definition flawed testing cannot be scientific

Flawed = junk science
>>
>>131809889
flawed = non scientific

read the SOURCE, not the article
>>
>>131810132
flawed testing = non scientific

non scientific = invalid models
>>
>>131803713
In first world countries you're pretty much required to take the SAT

Also IQ is fantastic as a group metric, one of the best cross correlations with other success factors, just not so much on the individual level. It measures only one specific type of intelligence so on the individual level theres a shitton of variance.
>>
>>131810675
wikipedia.......really

too lazy to read the source, TL;DR, go to wikipedia

You are probably the official sperm burping tavern wench in your family tree
>>
>>131809228
>2) a study published in the Journal Neuron
excellent journal
>>
listen whitey we niggas built da pyramids
BTFO cumskins
>>
>>131810751
No worries, I have been around pol for long enough to know it is 90% trolling.

you can take the Brazilian out of the jungle, but you can never get the nigger dick out of his ass...or something like that
>>
>>131803713
I'll be honest I have tested extensively, and my results are off the reservation, not the highest ever recorded but up there.

And continuing to be brutally honest it doesn't matter for a hill of beans in practical life applications.

>You can have a million and one brainstorm ideas but if no one understands them, whats the use.

>Social interactivity is the true measure of success in this species from my observations, and an inescapable aspect of the creative process of getting anything accomplished.

>Genius does have it's place in society, but so does everything else that makes those ideas become a reality.
>>
File: uma.png (140KB, 1328x1140px) Image search: [Google]
uma.png
140KB, 1328x1140px
UMA DELISIA
>>
>>131810890
I am actually your father
>>
>>131811660
I was saying that wikipedia doesn't accept the daily mail as a valid source, you should really work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>131803713

In terms of standardized testing, my IQ is 150 and on standardized executive exams I scored in the top 1 percent of the top 1 percent of the baseline. My career has reflected that acumen.

Intelligence is such a tricky subject in terms of testing because it has so many facets.

It's like testing someone to see if they're "good at sports." Who might be good at boxing may be a lousy golfer.
>>
>>131811402
SAT, BAR, MCAT are great tests as they measure knowledge for a given field.

IQ testing was created with a political agenda.

Correlation does not imply causality and is pretty much a blunt indicator that requires a more refined testing method.
I had to take the MCAT and SAT but never was asked to take an IQ test.
>>
>>131811688
I agree, probably one of the most interesting journals in my opinion.

The human mind is a galaxy in and of itself
>>
>>131811753
Actually ancient native peoples of the Amazon did create pyramids.

Have you seen the lost city of Z?
>>
>>131811935
The human mind is a galaxy and I can't imagine that science will ever be able to truly appreciate the workings of the mind or what people are capable of

Even some 20,000 years ago, my jungle ancestors created complex structures
(see lost city of Z, very interesting movie that may shut some fucking morons up)
>>
>>131811948
A very compelling argument

and its DELICIA

if you are going to type 2 words, make sure you do it properly, braincell
>>
File: SAT.png (153KB, 317x325px) Image search: [Google]
SAT.png
153KB, 317x325px
>>131812545
>SAT is valid but iq isn't
SAT has a .86 correlation to iq you dumb nigger.
http://sci-hub.io/10.1111/j.0956-7976.2004.00687.x
>>
>>131811970
The source of the article is a study (the largest ever on intelligence) conducted by Western University

The second article also has a source: the Journal Neuron
>>
>>131813823
I posted a link to the original study and some responses that tore it apart here: >>131810675
>>
>>131812401
Indeed.

But that concept seems to be a little too complex for most pol weirdos

Trying to have an educated discussion on pol is like trying to find a wife at a gang bang
>>
>>131813671
No,

SAT is not a TOOL TO MEASURE intelligence,

It is a tool to test general aptitude in a given field. It is a good measure of knowledge and NOT meant to measure intelligence

The very idea that a test can measure something as vast as human intelligence is comical

IQ testing is like testing your comedic skills by doing standup in front of your mom, drunk uncle and your half deaf grandmother
>>
>>131804192
I tend to distrust of this fact highly because other reputable academics (not leftmongers or other shitty-tier academics) have published students showing inconsistencies and very different outcomes by the methods you use in order to analyze the effects. But still, I have a big respect to Murray, this man provoked a discussion very well needed and he's a big expert on how to deal with these topics.

But there other guys like Richard Lynn where most of their hypothesis are and ''facts'' are BS, he has taken it to another whole level. Like saying that less developed countries save less money due to the fact they have low IQ, when it is absolutley the contrary, less-developed and pooreer countries tend to save a lot more and dedicate big portion of it to investment. Whereas, developed countries tend to do it a lot less and ten to consume more and dedicate it to savings. And misconceptions like these are found on his books always.
>>
File: 1487881510328.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487881510328.png
15KB, 300x300px
>>131814437
>>131814674
>>
>>131814011

That source is the opinion of one group of researches and does not, by any means, debunk the two studies I gave as sources

Their <concerns> don't mean that both studies are bullshit or unsound.

The journal Neuron is a peer reviewed publication, therefore, at least one other group found the study to be valid

matter of opinion only
>>
>>131803713
monkey broh you're unironicaly posting dailymail here?
just fucking stop
>also we all know that iq tests are failed
the same way that tests are failed.
theres no perfect test to measure inteligence, but that does not means those tests are useless.
>>
>>131815379
Neuron is a peer reviewed publication, therefore, some other group agree with the findings

The very nature of science implies that any finding is an open discussion.

Just the fact that a university undertook a study with a large sample size (100,000) implies that there surely is proof that IQ testing is quite a flawed and blunt tool vis-a-vis intelligence testing.

furthermore, IQ testing is no longer the norm and was from the onset developed to back a political agenda

Political agendas are by no means scientific in nature
>>
>>131815756
The links I posted are from peer-reviewed journals and you clearly didn't actually read any of them
>>
>>131816358
I did read your sources and I am familiar with the scientific method.

Any true scientific study is open to discussion and is by no means absolute. If it were, then it would not be scientific to begin with HAHAH.

We obviously can go back and forth all night long and we will never reach a consensus as no consensus can be reached, especially when you look at something vast like human intelligence.

The very idea that a test initially developed because of a political agenda is plausible or even valid is quite laughable.

I have had to take the MCAT and SAT but never was I asked to take an IQ test to get into a program which tells me that it is not standard anymore and probably has been recognized as passé
>>
>>131811138
>>131811284
You clearly have no idea how science works. No surprise from a monkey.
>>
>>131803713
>Monkey
>Doesn't believe in IQ tests
HUEHEUHow low did you score nigger? Entertain us.
>>
>>131816953
>I am familiar with the scientific method
Is that why you're ignoring data which contradicts you?
>>
>>131817215
What a compelling argument

You fail to back your argument...and I am the one who does not understand the scientific method

Laughable.

I surmise that you mop up peep show venues and probably have acquired your sharp acumen by ingesting the sperm of those clients that are nerdish in appearance
>>
>>131817242
Your very response tells me a great deal about your intellect

Your level of trolling is sub par, at least come up with some form of original thought
>>
>>131804612
Typical low IQ nig response
>>
File: 1495415144689.png (479KB, 960x875px) Image search: [Google]
1495415144689.png
479KB, 960x875px
>>131809606
>Muh sociology "art and rap and basketball an sheeeeet is intelligence too so what if trayquon can't identify patterns IQ be racis" nonarguement against IQ tests

So you can't refute that it is a valid way to measure what it measures, but don't agree that what it measures should/does define intelligence.

You and some (((sociologists))) thinking we should measure intelligence by immaterial participation trophy shit like being good at finger painting doesn't make little trayvon as (((intelligent))) as little Timmy who is reading 6 grade levels higher.
>>
>>131817679
This is like a battle between <scientific experts> in a court case.

The sources you have provided are concerns and opinions that were brought forth by peers. Their findings do not invalidate the original studies in any way, shape or form.

Neuro is not a dime store publication and the mere fact that the study was published indicated that some other group of expert agreed with the findings.

The studies you presented do not contradict ME? I did not participate in said studies
>>
>>131818379
typical troll response
>>
>>131803713
>>131804512
Do you believe or suspect that Australian Aborigines are, on average, just as intelligent as, say, the Japanese, for example?
>>
>>131803713
oh look, its richard spencer!
>>
>>131803713
The only thing an IQ test measures is cultural absorption.
>>
>>131818537

Both studies come from respected studies, I don't see how they have anything to do with me.

When you present scientific data and studies, they open up a discussion and shed light on a given topic.

I don't understand what the fuck little trayvon has anything to do with it
>>
>>131803713
Everyone look a swarthy jungle monkey.
>>
>>131818768
The vast topic of human intelligence cannot be disected by a blunt tool like an IQ test.

Intelligence is not something easily measured.

For example the Australian abos used a very unique system of transmitting directions by song. The tempo and words of the given song would indicate if a traveler was going in the right direction and even included important markers along the journey. You can say that this is quite an intelligent way of navigating a given terrain.

How would you mesure that and what intelligence test can even measure something so unique?
>>
>>131818837
I think Spencer was probably a conehead but he went trans-species and his current look is his final post-op form
>>
>>131818851
Indeed, it was indeed created to push a political agenda and was used to <prove> that blacks were stupid mother fuckers.

Today it is used to back the claim that (((they))) are the chosen people....still being used to push an agenda
>>
>>131819049
You not believing that IQ tests do not (((cover all the types of human intelligence))) does not mean that they do not accurately indicate what they identify as factors of intelligence.

You're simply looking at the mountain top, planting a flag at your feet, and calling it The new mountaintop.

You not believing that what an IQ test tests is indicative of intelligence doesn't mean shit. Sociologists pretending there are magic other forms of inteligence than being conventionally intelligent doesn't mean shit.

>Inb4 muh study I don't know the contents of
>Tfw too (((unconventionally intelligent))) to understand the study I say disproves intelligence testing.
>>
>>131819235
We all come from the same ancient ancestors

divide and conquer will sadly always work on our stupid little minds
>>
File: READ.png (181KB, 1602x735px) Image search: [Google]
READ.png
181KB, 1602x735px
>>131818613
>Their findings do not invalidate the original studies in any way, shape, or form.
READ THE LINK'S I POSTED NIGGER
>>131810675
>>
>>131820067
I respect your opinion.

My thread was simply to indicate that human intelligence is much too vast and complicated to be dissected with a blunt tool like IQ testing.

IQ testing was and still is used to push political agendas and is not an all encompassing tool that can measure human intelligence
>>
File: 498579229123.gif (907KB, 271x199px) Image search: [Google]
498579229123.gif
907KB, 271x199px
>>131819561
I'm not asking you to measure anything. Rather, I'm asking you if you think the Australian Aboriginal people are, on average, just as intrinsically intelligent as the Japanese, as an example. If you are unwilling to answer this question -- And it seems that you are -- let me ask you: Do you believe that some individual people are naturally, intrinsically smarter than other individuals? For example, is the dean of the Princeton mathematics department smarter than a drooling retard? Or would you say that it's impossible to answer without a 100%-accurate IQ test (which does not exist), etc.?
>>
>>131819561
An actually intelligent culture would have developed a map

And written language

And erected pathways or at least Cairns to show the way

Or invented a compass or sun stone

Your example of (((intelligence))) is "if I walk from the big rock towards the Little Rock and turn once I sing 6 verses of a song then I'll be heading towards mubootoos house"? What about two people with different stride distances or walking speeds? What about the fact that people naturally list while walking and choosing a cardinal direction at a .5° angle will put you tens of yards off your target after any significant distance?
Your example of (((alternate intelligence))) is being immensily conventionally fucking retarded. No wonder abbos and subhumans like Brazilians do poorly on IQ tests.
>>
>>131820292

WOW...you really are demented.

You remind me of a court case I was part of where 22 different <experts> were presented to convince a jury.

I read your source and AGAIN their findings do not carry more weight. Their findings are based on their analysis and opinion.

Ashton, Lee and Visser do not show in any way that IQ testing is sound.

The simple fact that
>>
>>131803713
I took one back when I was around 9. That was around when I was diagnosed with the Asperger's. Got a good 144, though.
>>
>>131803713
good bait.

You do know that g as in general intelligence is invoked in essentially every test and there is a clear statistical way to measure this.

While general trends are not useful for complex individual circumstances. Across broad swaths of information and peoples where emergent trends simplify there is a clear association between IQ and achievement as well as societal IQ and complexity/ advancement and lower crime.

Linking a daily mail article will not refute what is unequivocally observed and highly consequential.

Hell even the social trends with schools outlined by the bell curve and the rise of the cognitive class works perfectly within this framework and is what we observe as a trend. All the core predictions line up.

For example, in america having a high IQ is twice as predictive of success as inherited wealth and social status. Discipline is twice as predictive as IQ but this is obvious.

if you are smart and work hard, you succeed. If you work hard, you succeed but perhaps in smaller measure to someone who works smarter than you.

There is nothing but common sense here. The fact that we observe exactly this in the data, and that this data is as solid as it gets (sample sizes for IQ tests are globally representative and approaching the hundreds of millions).

Long story short, there is no possible angle of reasoning other than a blind belief that "intelligence is more complex than x".

It is complex, but it also has general properties that can be studied. I would say we understand a little over 80% of intelligence. The next 20% is not going to be groundbreaking shit. Just fill in the blank things as social science starts to integrate a more holistic Biopsychosocial perspective as is the current trend (especially in medicine which is where many of these newer research methods gain credibility).
>>
File: 1498702524046.png (34KB, 769x733px) Image search: [Google]
1498702524046.png
34KB, 769x733px
>>131821195
>>
>>131805071
they also correlate .99 with IQ tests. Congrats!
>>
>>131820612
I do not believe that a given race is smarter than another because there is no way to test human intelligence adequately

Put any given group of people in the same situation and each group will come up with a novel approach...that in essence defines human intelligence
>>
File: iq-over-160-by-region.png (131KB, 739x708px) Image search: [Google]
iq-over-160-by-region.png
131KB, 739x708px
>>
>>131805045
Neck yourself leaf

Dailymail is virtually 80% of all of pols redpills

What do you propose?
Fake news CNN, BBC and Wapo?
Gtfo nigger
>>
>>131821893
.86 actually, but close >>131813671
>>
File: camacho.png (159KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
camacho.png
159KB, 1000x1000px
>>131803713
wow, you convinced me that there is no difference between stupidity and intelligence, thanks (((Academia)))
>>
Forget IQ.
Look at behavior.
>>
>>131821919
>Novel approach
Like dying of exposure or starvation? Because that's the result of most (((novel approaches))) by (((alternatively intelligent))) cultures when facing adversity

Blacks needing white people to put in wells when they have perfectly good hands to dig with. Their water table is 10-25 meters below ground yet they die of dehydration or walk tens of miles with their (((novel approach))) of getting water like an animal at the river.
>>
>>131821097

If you put any group of people in the same setting, each group will come up with a given solution. That set of solutions = human intelligence.

One solution may appear better in that one given situation but if you change one variable then another will be superior. It all depends on setting

Using the map example. A written down map relies on the map itself. If you are incapable of reading said map (not enough light, it gets destroyed) then the abo map would be superior

The abo map can be learned by anybody, even a child with ease, whilst the written down map serves only for those who know how to read a map.
>>
>>131821303
That is great.
I hope you find yourself in a comfortable environment and that you have been given the tools to manage your Asperger's. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to deal with a condition like that in our fucking demented world
>>
>>131803713
IQ testing is no longer accurate because in 1973 the cut-off for retardation was lowered from 85 to 70 because half of niggers were legally retarded back then and the politics of the civil rights movement made them change the standards. The achievement gap between blacks and whites has increased since because blacks aren't being educated properly.
http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/retard.htm
If that isn't proof of races requiring different education methods and politicization of nigger minds I don't know what is.
>>
>>131822448
>Tfw too intelligent to be able to use a map

In no way is the African solution of walking 5 miles to a river to get dirty polluted water a better (((novel solution))) than having the wherewithal of digging a fucking well to clean water.
>>
>>131803713
my iq was 118 at 7 niggers\
yes i did take one
i took the act
twice
i got a 22 then a 23
weird my science part was REALLY high. nothing was much under a 22 or 23, maybe had a 21 or 22. maybe 20 idk fuck. science reasoning. 28+
>>
>>131821581
To consider one variable as tantamount to the one index of intelligence is pretty ignorant considering that every single expert in neuro understands what you fail to grasp.

human intelligence cannot be measured with any given test that has been devised by human beings at this given time

I find it hard to believe that an intelligent person such as yourself would cannot grasp that the vast issue of human intelligence is far greater than the sum of its parts

a pity

I hope one day you come to realize that science is quite recent and cannot yet explain every single aspect of the vast universe known as the human mind.

reading my thread must be like a root canal for a person like you. You seem to suffer from autism or some other condition that makes you obsessed with a single detail

Seek help
>>
>>131820453
>and is not an all encompassing tool that can measure human intelligence
It actually is when you know what is meant by intelligence and IQ.

An excellent artist is considered TALENTED. Talents are not general capabilities but very very specific. My father has an average IQ, performed poorly on most academic tasks particularly maths. But he can spot an un-level line from 50 meters away and is quite literally just below picasso tier good at art.

His IQ is average because even though he dislikes academics, he learns fast. Which is one of the core components of IQ. Speed of learning.

His talent is not measured because while his talent is striking, aside from the rare autist, for the most part artists with lower IQ's perform far shittier paintings than artists with higher IQ's granted we assume they have similar levels of natural talent in art (if talent is too vague a concept, then let us assume similar levels of intrinsic motivation as well as environment and Big 5 and other dispositional personality factors).

IQ matters still.

Even when looking at spear chucking in africa, the best chuckers have higher IQ's than the lower ones.

Therefore, regardless of a persons TALENT. the persons INTELLIGENCE matters.

Now for the question. Is basketball skills a TALENT or a general ABILITY?

Did you guess talent? Correct!

Now stop sucking the cut dicks of dumb socialist jews. The purpose of articles like this is less to disestablish IQ than it is to affect popular public opinion and influence politics.
>>
>>131822923
>ask me to solve any riddle
i solved how the universe worked at 8.
rope hypothesis
search for that
guarantee ask all my classmates i told them about it.
then i wasmoved to the retarded class
not the usual retarded class, but the rich kids class
the one where they dont teach nothing, these fuckers never do nothing but get the (((money)))
>>
The only /pol/tards that actually push the IQ meme are those who ironically are too dumb to realize that asians ought to be the superior race based on their stupid conception.

Yet here we are, and China is shit.
>>
>>131821841
a vague meme response because you have nothing...

typical inferior mind.

You know realize that no test can measure something as complex as human intelligence

The human mind is a black box and you can never look inside. You can probe it all you want but you will never get to know exactly what is inside = science and the study of a vast topic
>>
>>131821893
correlation does not imply causation
>>
>>131823392
dude you are fucking retarded. Not only do you not get the meme, but you also cannot understand that your very own logic

>ITS BACKED BY A SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE

is just deferring to an authority which when done against you

>IT DOES NOT COUNT

when in fact, it does because, as you complain about so intensely, if you read the article, you will see how fucking stupid you are.
>>
>>131822015
IQ is not a true measure of intelligence. It is but a blunt tool amongst a wide range of tools that cannot even begin to explain something as vast as the universe that is human intelligence

the rest of the class is on page 39, timmy, attempt to follow
>>
>>131804512
It doesn't take a genius to figure out those studies are bullshit. Can you get a general idea of how smart someone is with a properly administered IQ test? Typically yes, but there's too many variables that an IQ test does not account for. Even having a bad night's sleep can decrease your IQ significantly. It also depends on what type of tests are administered since IQ tests are not uniform in nature. They follow a vague baseline, what one shrink will test you on can vary significantly from another. In scientific terms there's little control in these tests, which makes them debunked.

t. A guy who's done multiple legitimate (not online) IQ tests during psychological evaluations for my job. Over the years my IQ has ranged from as low as 118 to a high of 139. All depends on how I'm feeling that day.
>>
>>131823564
I'm pretty sure he's a troll at this point
>>
File: 7m7VFm0[1].jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7m7VFm0[1].jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
>>131823092
>human intelligence cannot be measured with any given test that has been devised by human beings at this given time

Uhm, think again sweetie ;^)
>>
>>131822121
Don't bother explaining, at this point in the thread all that is left are autists and trolls

The dailymail article includes a link to a scientific studies

and the other also includes a source to a second scientific study
>>
>>131822423
Not the point.

The point is that IQ testing is a blunt instrument based on a political agenda and serves only to measure 3 very specific cognitive abilities that in no way measure the totality of human intelligence.
>>
>>131803713
Although I agree IQ scores are unreliable and it's quite pathetic how Trump keeps referring to them like so many keyboards warriors do I can't help but sit on the fence here because your evidence is from the daily mail
>>
>>131822427
Probably the most refreshing thing I have read on this thread;
>>
>>131822446

take a good example: map creation.

Whites drew maps on paper
Abos create songs that indicate tempo, land marks and instructions (like where to find water and food)

You can't say one map is better than the other because in different situations, one is superior to the other.

The written map is clear, but you need to learn how to use a map and it can be destroyed, then you are shit out of luck

A song map would work better in foggy conditions or even can be learned by a child with no map reading experience.

solutions are better in some conditions, but not in all conditions
>>
>>131822688

Indeed, IQ testing was originally devised to back a political agenda. The 3 skills that it measures requires some form of education. An education that was afforded to some people and was based on quality of education
>>
>>131824659
No, a fucking map is superior

Because I can hand a map to you, assuming you aren't retarded, and you can find your way to ______.

If I tell you to sing 20 bars of a song at 80bpm and turn left you will be either further or closer than I would be. Because our strides are different.

The abo way is as undeveloped as the abo is unevolved.

That kind of (((novel idea))) is all that a SIXTY FIVE IQ race like oborigionals could come up with. Marking a trail or making a map literally could not occur to them. Because they are objectively unintelligent.

See that anon who btfo you on talent vs aptitude. A abbo or a HUE might be talented at a skill, but a TALENT at even tempo's singing doesn't give you the INTELLECT to make a fucking map.
>>
>>131825151
You sound like such a pseudo-intellectual lol
>>
>>131825151
You have no idea how IQ tests work or what they are measuring.
>>
>>131824053
human thinking can be broken down into 3 things
you know.. probably
everything else is just a waste

your not trying to figure out what it is thou, are you?
>>
>>131823105

Let me put it this way.

Can a person study and end up with a higher IQ?

Can a person score higher on one type of IQ test than another?

If you answered yes to both questions then you can understand that IQ tests are but blunt instruments that in no way measure the full spectrum of human intelligence

In FACT, IQ tests have been revised throughout the years because it is an imperfect tool, a simple instrument that measures a very limited number of cognitive abilities.
>>
>>131825151
That it was made up to serve a political agenda and something about education beign part of it
is total bullshit
i was in 2nd grade and took it, no education given by 2nd grade i barely done 9+1 if you think that education or any school affected my results
your a retard>>131825746
>>131822923
>118
>
>>
>>131823225
HAHHAHAHA I could not have said it better
>>
>>131823564
A retard calling another retard a retard

Welcome to earth

run along now, you can cry to your mom while while she trims your ass hair

HAAHHAHHAHAHA

and please take your fucking meds
>>
>>131825151
That isn't what I said at all, IQ testing was perfectly fine originally when it was developed but was ruined because of pandering to niggers even though they don't process information the same way. It's why so many used to be in special ed and changing that has only made things worse. IQ testing was used for placement in school programs until courts said otherwise for political reasons.
>>
>>131823705
Thank you Mr voice of reason

EU guy is shitting himself and you should be his tutor
>>
>>131823711
I am the troll? LOL jesus christ

pushing scientific papers over scientific papers is like expert witnesses battling on both sides to convince pol, the most retarded jury in the world

saying that one study failed to properly measure variable X or did not take into account variable Y simply means that a new study should be performed taking into account every single opinion of peer groups...

that shit does not happen in real life once funding runs out
>>
>>131823718
WOW, what a fucking great argument!!!
>>
File: 1476208763935.png (36KB, 280x249px) Image search: [Google]
1476208763935.png
36KB, 280x249px
OP just proved again why brazilians are so fucking stupid. Don't trust us for anything.

UMA
>>
>>131824176
If you check both links, they refer to 2 specific studies, one by northwestern University and the other was published in the journal Neuron
>>
File: iq and outcomes.png (99KB, 643x636px) Image search: [Google]
iq and outcomes.png
99KB, 643x636px
>>131827305
You haven't provided any arguments, all you've said is "UR STUDEES R RONG AND MINE IS RIGHT CUZ I SAY SO." Bitch and moan all you want but iq is a great predictor of outcomes and general intelligence is much more reliable than the shit your dailyfail article tried to push.
>>
>>131816953
>I did read your sources
4 articles in 40 minutes, while shitposting.

You sir are highly capable.
>>
>>131825438
The logic I expected from a burger

so a paper map is not obsolete because we have GPS....

all 3 maps are better than the other if you change settings or conditions

A physical map can be detroyed, you may lose it in the river while kayaking. the abo song is commited to memory and can't be washed away
>>
>>131825683
Don't need to sugar coat it, you can say you think I am full of shit, you have a right to your opinion.

I won't cry like you will after your dad finishes molesting you

viva free fucking speech
>>
File: image.jpg (418KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418KB, 1462x1462px
>>131808818
Holy fuck I just looked into this and this turd you call a study is basically a pile of information and a leap to some borderline retarded conclusions devoid of any sound logical connection.
It's a leaf production too which isn't very surprising.
>>
>>131825999
yep, take something as complex as human intelligence and boil it down to 3 things

seems legit
>>
>>131825746
your argument there is the case cracker

congrats for contributing absolutely nothing
>>
>>131826200
a ruler isn't as accurate as a laser measure, that doesn't mean a ruler gives no indication of how long something is. a ruler is more accurate than a cubit. that doesn't mean cubits don't give an indication of how long something is.

did you flunk an IQ test or something?
>>
>>131822169
Maybe im mistaken in what i read but i swear i remember this from the bell curve. From what they say the g-loading in the lab is as high as .99 even though the correlations fall short (but not by much).

SAT's have a complicated social role which means the pressures and motivations for accomplishment on the test are very different. To some degree, persons preparing for the SAT are also discriminated by differing degrees of discipline (like taking the time and sitting down to study).

Which is why in this next test people find that SAT's are predictive for more than general aptitude (g) and also predict grade point average even when factoring out g.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000603

It is easy to imagine that someone who is disciplined and intelligent will perform better than someone less disciplined and intelligent and this general trend of improved performance for discipline will be observed.

Surprised this is not mentioned in the abstract.
>>
>>131826236
You can take an IQ test 100 times and get different results every time..most times you do better....why is that?

your a retard <---- proof you are not very intelligent...you are the retard
>>
>>131828291
those advantages are pretty nugatory

t. someone whose never had a physical map he needs to use destroyed
>>
>>131826655
lord...burger education at its finest.

No wonder chinks and indians you laugh at are taking all your top tier jobs

pol = poo in loo...hue hue hue hue

meanwhile <poo in loo> makes 200k a year and you pray your EBT card still has money on it
>>
>>131828291
>Thinks the "map vs" is in question
>Not that the intelligence of the civilization and race of people with an IQ of ~100 are the ones that were able to create both maps and GPS is 35% higher than the abbo and his inexact fucking stupid method of navigation

one is the product of (((conventional intelligence))) formerly known as intelligence and the retarded one is the product of (((alternative intelligence)))

A 65 iq white retard might also learn to navigate the tard ward by singing until he gets to the right door but he sure as shit isn't capable of inventing a map.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>131828734
Look mam. I could explain to you why you are a fucking moron in the way that you would comprehend but that would take a lot of typing.
So please just take my word for it.
>>
File: 1332983270920.jpg (38KB, 354x417px) Image search: [Google]
1332983270920.jpg
38KB, 354x417px
>>131803713

The earth is also flat OP.
>>
>>131827449
says the Brazilian degenerate that fall in love with anime women

Go cum in your pillow wife and hope your mom never acquires a blacklight, she will throw your 40 year old ass in the street.

go read globo

gives no arguments but has an opinion about everything HAAHHAAHAH
>>
>>131828047
didn't I tell you to go take your meds ?

you are probably foaming at the mouth...muh my scientists are smarter than your scientists

Fucking loser
>>
>>131829462
conventional intelligence echoes?
>>
>>131829326

No they bring them over so they can pay them less.

BLAXIT WHEN?
>>
>>131823092
>To consider one variable as tantamount to the one index of intelligence is pretty ignorant
Its the most well studied variable in the entire of psychology.
>every single expert
you are retarded. I AM an expert. Fucking low IQ monkey.

>human intelligence cannot be measured with any given test
Prove it dumb nigger. This article does not go even a millimeter in decredentializing IQ and g. It directly asserts that we can measure it with 3 factors even though thats complete bullshit.

All cognitive factors are intercorrelated in performance. Especially the three factors on the test. This is literally what g is. Its not going away simply because it was empirically observed almost by chance. People "realized" after doing a fuck ton of tests that there was this general correlation amongst all tests performed by an individual regardless of type or form. this was called g. or general aptitude or general intelligence.

Having a three factor g or a one factor g makes literally no difference except in presentation.

Fucking

Idiot
>>
>>131828220
It is called an abstract + discussion you fucking tool, only a fucking idiot spends an hour per article sent by a fucking 400lb burger that has an IQ of 180 but can't learn to wipe his own ass

I won't spend 4 hours trying to comprehend why an autist has some hard on for a given variable
>>
>>131828550

There are 2 studies....wow you really know your shit HHAHAHAHA

go look for more memes to add to your precious collection of uselessness you fucking moron
>>
>>131823225
if IQ isnt a way to measure intelligence then why are all the countries with sub avg 80IQ absolute shit holes?
>>
>>131803713
There are literally 20 times as many studies saying IQ does measure G, than studies that say it doesn't.

And it's fairly easy to figure out where those bad studies are coming from when you look at the politicization status of the psychology departments they come out of.
>>
>>131825151
You do know that the direct result of IQ based schooling is the "no child gets left behind" and that now more than ever, people of the lower class with high IQ's are shuttled off into upper society.

Literally everything you think is wrong. Even the fucking problem you have with IQ is wrong.

The problem with IQ is that it is too fucking good at predicting performance so we rely on it and segregate society by it. It makes the economy extremely efficient but makes it a kind of cognitive pseudo caste system where to break congitive castes you have to put twice the effort.

An average nigger has to work 2x as hard as a smart nigger if both are working hard and earnestly for them both to be equal. Assuming both of their jobs are cognitively demanding.

IF not, the dumb nigger works the factory while the smart nigger becomes a doctor and the degree system guarnatees that the dumb nigger never gets behind a scalpel.

We ALL fucking win from that. But it means that you consign the dumb nigger to shit jobs unless he works his fucking ass off as an entrepreneur. Which gets no fucking love by the left and misinformed cunts like you.
>>
File: PUjGZqM.jpg (72KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
PUjGZqM.jpg
72KB, 960x640px
>>131803713
>I doubt any of you have actually taken any type of test, IQ
in the US we all get one in school. around age 7
>>
>>131824053
why are nigger countries so shitty then? why cant they build anything more advanced then a mud hut? why cant they learn to farm?

hey guess what, its because their IQ is lower then room temp and their brains LITERALLY can not fathom planning past 3 days
>>
>>131830189
Poverty, starvation, and violence are just their "novel solution" to economics, farming, and justices/human rights

Or it could be that niggers, spics, and Arabs are fucking stupid and being fucking stupid is easily demonstrated statistically through IQ
>>
>>131828909

I took the MCAT and SAT, never was asked to take an IQ test and really don't see the need.

I know burgers are given IQ tests because american mothers like to reveal the scores to family members that know you are a retard but mommy has proof her son is <special>

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Chinks and Indian people who don't use a toilet are taking all your top tier jobs HAHAAAHHA

Murica, fuck ya!
>>
>>131829983
>I read the articles
>I didn't read the articles
>swearing
>>
>>131830725
i'm not american you prat
>>
File: IQ by degree.jpg (293KB, 784x1960px) Image search: [Google]
IQ by degree.jpg
293KB, 784x1960px
>>131826200
Most people understand that IQ isn't the definitive be all end all of existence and they're not precise like a tape measure.
If you personally take 1 iq test a year for the rest of your life it will look like a bell curve with around 90% within a margin of error of 7.

But you won't find many notable engineers with iq's below 115, even though they're 83% of the population.
>>
>>131830725
>I took the MCAT and SAT,

Here's a secret:
All those tests are IQ tests.
>>
>>131828932
I know people who have taken the driving test 3 times before they passed, not because they were not smart but because stress would get to them and they would bomb the test. This would cause increasing anxiety which affected every subsequent attempt at taking the test.

In some place, if you pass one section of the driving test, you don't have to do it again.

I knew a japanese girl that took the fucking thing 8 times, in the end they felt fucking pitty for her and gave her a pass
>>
>>131830725
So you just got retard level scores on the MCAT and SAT and decided that math and science and reading and sheeeeit is just politicized racis stuff like the IQ test your mother wouldn't let you take because she didn't want the rest of the family to know you were retarded?
>>
>>131831247
EXACTLY you dumb fucking nigger.

That has NOTHING to do with IQ. That shit interferes with the very perfect measures.
>>
>>131829506
Of course cause you are the highest form of intelligence on the planet and you also have a picture on your computer of some anime uncut cock

You must be a rocket scientist
>>
There's one gigantic flaw in the IQ means everything argument.

My intelligence quota is so high you people wouldn't believe me if I told you. However, I also suffer from severe paranoid schizophrenia. On my best days, I'm heavily medicated and unable to function at anything other than menial labor. Without them I'm suddenly Descartes, along with a trove of dangerous symptoms that also make me unable to function. I'm damned to a life of mediocrity with either choice.

Bottom line is that IQ doesn't mean anything if you can't apply it.
>>
>>131829537
Flat like your sister....but at the angle she was in whilst sucking my cock, all I could see was the top of her head.

Nice thing is, she removed her teeth and gave me a great gum job
>>
>>131803713
Actually IQ has a strong correlation with academic success and other forms of success (such as career), so it's an accurate measure of intelligence at least as far as practical results are concerned. But sure, you have a high "Emotional Quotient", so you're smart too, don't feel down on yourself just because you took the test and got an 80.
>>
>>131803713

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence
>>
>>131831606
>But sure, you have a high "Emotional Quotient"
i'd be surprised if he does
see >>131831583
>>
>>131829771
sure...has nothing to do with your shitty education.

Meanwhile Randeep is driving a range rover and you still take the bus...cause they pay him less HAAHHAAHAHAHAH

next time you go to the hospital, ask to see a superior white doctor and bleed out to death waiting for them to find one.
>>
>>131829850
oh yes, because using memes to defend your intelligence is a sign you are superior

fucking low brow vulgarian

You must be sour that your mother constantly tells you that she should have used a coat hanger on you while she still had the chance

Mehhh, I am superior, monkey

No points for originality
>>
File: test-retest reliability.png (24KB, 616x177px) Image search: [Google]
test-retest reliability.png
24KB, 616x177px
>>131829066
>You can take an IQ test 100 times and get different results every time
Wrong again, iq has a .92 test-retest reliability
http://sci-hub.cc/10.1037/0022-006X.47.3.601
>>
>>131830336
and now explain to me why indian people, supposedly with low IQs outperform americans in sciences to a shameful degree

Go scream POO-IN-LOO and huehuehuhehue outside and see if that helps you to raise your pitiful little life

when you come back from your jealous fit, you will realize that you a degenerate and your are not the master race after all, you are just a pathetic fuck that feels better about yourself when you insult people and meme like an autistic freak show.

You strike me as the type of person that keeps toe nail clippings in a jar
>>
>>131830382
so your mom's can pin them on the fridge to convince the relatives that you are not a retard, although secretly they know you are a drooling mess.

sad part is 90% of burgers on pol think they know the world because of their collection of memes
>>
>>131821893
Lol what? Maybe the old ones and do you think the leftists that grade the essay portion are unbiased and that if you were a paper on how great eugenics is, assuming it fits with the theme and it's an amazing essay, that they'll be impartial? Also knowledge is not iq and neither is memory. So no, sat don't mean iq tests and even fucking brain size doesn't correlate more than .6 with iq.
>>
>>131830168
>>131829506
Why are you such a faggot lacking any kind of self awareness anon?
Does it have to do with your missing foreskin?
>>
https://youtu.be/D7Kn5p7TP_Y?t=38m58s
>>
Well thanks a lot for the wonderful shitposting, was a hoot as usual.

May you all have a great evening, I must go back to the tree tops because the jaguars and vampire bats are on the prowl
>>
>>131832605
shut up, you third world barbarian.
>>
>>131832960
Maybe if you had a high IQ you'd be smart enough not to write your essay about how Hitler was right.

>Also knowledge is not iq and neither is memory.
Memory is IQ, and IQ also determines how fast you can accumulate knowledge.
>>
>>131833253
do you have any idea how many times I revealed my power level to my English teacher in high school? I'm not a cowardly beta afraid to speak his mind though I guess you're right, you shouldn't write about eugenics if you want a high score.

No. Memory isn't intelligence. Not even close. Does a big hard drive mean your computer can run crysis better? No.
And again your .99 correlation is fuckibg retarded, assuming you weren't being sarcastic.
>>
File: 1464293939068.jpg (77KB, 800x795px) Image search: [Google]
1464293939068.jpg
77KB, 800x795px
OP is right. People who push IQ statistic memes are fedora-tier intellectuals who unironically push "Man, Im so much smarter than you" arguments but cant distinguish that IQ tests are inherently subjective parading as objective. This shouldnt even up for debate.

There is no recognized standard for IQ tests, there for all results are fucking arbitrary. Furthermore, how are you going to thousands, if not millions), of people representative of an entire population to take this unstandardized test? When is the last time YOU took an IQ test, anons?

The true IQ test: Success. Are you in the top 10% of earners of earners in your country?
>>
>>131833672
>Does a big hard drive mean your computer can run crysis better? No.
Brain aren't like computers.
Your brain is literally just a memory system.

There is no separate processing and storage.
>>
File: SHEEIT.jpg (39KB, 501x373px) Image search: [Google]
SHEEIT.jpg
39KB, 501x373px
>>131829066
i retook, only an act. i scored about the same i dont know. a 22 a 23
both times science reason where higher haha i wonder dont know why
>>
>>131834117
you guys are seperatign way toomuch shit out but
thats the kind of thing an iq e

so as you can tell, these guys are retarded
>>
>>131833743
The US military has been IQ testing every single person that enters service for 100 years.
With a sample size that big, if anyone was going to be able to dismiss the validity of IQ it would be them. Especially since they have an incentive to disprove it since it would mean more eligible recruits.
That's not the case though.
>>
>>131834585
Yeh, nah. I was truly intrigued by this myth

I asked my dad, USAF 20 years, if he ever been IQ tested. Nope. He also said he never heard of such required from other either.

Though, I bet ASVAB may fulfil this role though. But that isnt really an IQ test...
>>
>>131834855
There is no 'IQ Test'â„¢

There are many tests that are designed to measure G but are not advertised as IQ tests, including the SAT and the ASVAB.
>>
>>131834585
It is mostly because there's a lower correlation between measured IQ and various aspects required for a good soldier, officer or tech
higher IQ could mean a higher rate of willful order misrepresentation, for example, but so could race, background or height, for example.

Besides, obedience is the main goal in most cases, if you can't follow orders you can be rambo for all they care, you're a liability for the squad, the unit and yourself.
>>
>>131834117
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Just because the parts are more mingled than in a computer doesn't mean it's not separate.
Also CPUs have their own memory, the brain might have memory mixed up with processing units as well. Doesn't man memory and intelligence are the same thing, it's not.
>>
>>131835288
Dude shut the fuck up.
You don't know shit about neuroscience.
>>
>>131835571
neither do fucking if you think memory and iq are the same thing.
tell me, what exactly do matrices have to do with memory?
oh right nothing.
computational power =/= memory.

you can say memory means better academic and professional performance but it isnt intelligence.
>>
>>131835726
There is no separation of computation and memory in the brain.
>>
>>131835197
Wtf is G?

An IQ test is argued as a measure of your intelligence. ASVAB and SAT are flawed in that it tests your knowledge of high school-tier shit. Furthermore, you can study/cram for them like any other test. Is a guy who took the SAT 12 times for a perfect score really indicative of a high intelligence or just high determination?

If you wanna stretch it that far, then lets go back to my original argument where comparison to your peers is the true indication for a person's intelligence. Life is a competition, and intelligent people will hardly allow themselves to be losers when they can see the avenues to improvement. Rise above the masses or be one of them.
>>
>>131835968
yes there is and there is a separation in application.
there are plenty of people with exceptionally high genius level iqs but with average or bellow average memory and people with ''eidetic'' memories with average or slightly above average iqs.
>>
>>131836010
It's the abstract concept of intelligence that IQ tests aim to measure.
>>
>>131836010
id argue that someone that didnt study and didnt sleep the night before that got a 1600 on a 2400 scale is smarter than someone that studied months and even had private tutors and got a 2300.

if you want to use something like sat to try to figure out someones iq you have to account for things like that.
>>
>>131836254
Is there a point to this post? You just repeated my 2nd sentence. Or you failed to make a clear distinction.

No more (you)'s, you dont even know where you stand.
>>
>>131836207
I'm talking about memory in the computing sense.
Even the memory you are talking about still correlates with IQ though.
Those savant cases are extreme outliers, and the neurological reason why they exist actually seems to reinforce what I'm saying, although it would be too hard to explain why.

>>131836762
Cramming for tests like the SAT has much less of an effect than people think.
It's not a perfect measure of IQ, but the correlation is still like .8.
>>
>>131837347
so am i and its not the same thing and just because there is a correlation does not mean its the same thing.

lol im sorry? .8 correlation between sat and iq? the highest correlation between brain size and iq is .6
thats retarded.
brains are biological computers, larger brain more neurons and synapses more processing power. if brain size doesnt correlate above .6 then a fucking sat test sure as hell doesnt.
>>
>>131803713
the problem with IQ tests is they only focus on a small portion of the actual spectrum of intelligence, are circumventable, and only reward those people who are quick but not ones who take things slow and could possibly be able to solve super complex questions
>>
>>131803713
>80 posts by this ID
Anon, I knew you were retarded, but not at an executive level.
>>
File: 2017-05-07 19.50.59.png (13KB, 429x158px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-07 19.50.59.png
13KB, 429x158px
>>131803713
IF ONLY WE HAD SOME OTHER CONCLUSIVE WAY TO PROVE RACE DIFFERENCES IN INTELLIGENCE ON TOP OF IQ...

OH WAIT... WE DO!

BLACKS HAVE A LOWER CORTICAL NEURON COUNT THAN WHITES

BLACKS HAVE A LOWER CRANIAL CAPACITY THAN WHITES

BLACKS HAVE A LOWER REACTION TIME THAN WHITES

BLACKS HAVE A LOWER IQ THAN WHITES

ACROSS ALL INCOME LEVELS
IN ALL THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD

KILL YOURSELF OP.

SOURCE:
https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf
THIRTY YEARS OF RESEARCH ON RACIAL DIFFERENCES IN COGNITIVE ABILITY
J. Philippe Rushton
Arthur Jensen
>>
>>131823456
where did he talk about causation you dumb nigger
>>
>>131838580
>larger brain more neurons and synapses more processing power.
Neurons and synapses simultaneously "process" and store memory.

Strictly speaking, they remember sequences and they constantly try to predict their inputs based on sequences they've seen before.

The memory and the "processing" is one process.
>>
>>131803713
Here you go little fella, here's a spoon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Cattell

Now do your own research
>>
File: slavesforsale.png (314KB, 584x347px) Image search: [Google]
slavesforsale.png
314KB, 584x347px
>>131840116
thers no such thing as thinkign get backto the mind control program
global warmings real
>wrongpic.jpg
>>
>>131803713
>IQ test are incapable of measuring intelligence

What the proponents of IQ are saying is this - we can take a brain, about which we know virtually nothing, and boil it down to one number and then rank them.

It's completely ridiculous.

Nematodes have 302 neurons, and scientists have no idea if they will turn left or right. The human brain has 100 billion neurons, about which we know very little, including how memories are stored, but they can be boiled to one number and ranked. Ridiculous.

I mean it's a religious idea ("we are the Jews - chosen people"). People don't believe in religion any more, but the social need is still necessary, so they try to call it science.
>>
>>131840760
Nice try.

See >>131839588

Another source for you:
The g Factor, the Science of Mental Ability
>>
>>131840760
Watch the second half of >>131833040 if you have the time and are really interested in how G is statistically derived.

It's not just something pulled out of thin air.
>>
File: 1497742614938.png (201KB, 901x531px) Image search: [Google]
1497742614938.png
201KB, 901x531px
>>131831458
Outliers are outliers for a reason.
>>131832605
>Indian (((scientists)))
Indian university is worthless
Indian students in western universities cheat and ironically have low (((emotional IQ))) and are dogshit at the talent to apply the shit they memorized.

An Indian doctor will literally kill you, even though the average indian IQ roughly overlaps most of the Caucasian IQ spectrum.

So point one for "iq tests are just a rough indicator of ability and success" but still zero points for "just because I'm a HUE HUE nigger doesn't mean HUE I'd be medically retarded HUE 40 years ago by HUE western HUE standards" like you're claiming.
>>
>>131828047
Neat. Do you have another screencap for a meta-analysis of discipline as a measure of success?
>>
>>131834855
The irony is that the asvab takes into account learned and (((emotional IQ))) components unlike an IQ test so if Tyrone knows layman's or above about diesel engines then he doesn't have to worry so much about not being able to do math at a 9th grade level. It still roughly tracks with IQ like all standardized testing because the asvab is fucking easy as all hell and anyone who graduated highschool with a C should be able to answer pretty much every question correctly yet people still get ridiculous shit like 4s on the thing.
>Inb4 it's a percentile score test so there are winners and losers. You're being compared to historical metrics, not literally to the people taking the test next to you.
>>
>>131842276
It's designed for the low end range of IQ.

They don't care so much if you're too smart, they really just want to make sure you aren't below 80.
>>
>>131836367
Most people who are intelligent realize a 93 and a 100 both are the same A.
>>
File: self control.png (139KB, 632x728px) Image search: [Google]
self control.png
139KB, 632x728px
>>131841808
https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~duckwort/images/PsychologicalScienceDec2005.pdf
Only a single study which was cited in this article: http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/06/11/racial-differences-in-self-control/
>>
File: commies.png (489KB, 1360x980px) Image search: [Google]
commies.png
489KB, 1360x980px
>>131840760
seriuolsy you bring up jews

any gang mentallity is not a measure of intelligence
you godamn asshoole
>>
>>131840760
>jews chosen people
ludicrousy
i can very well state i am
the problem is themstupid godamn pieces of shit toad up together and try to threaten people case theyre like some parasite fucking or some shit
fuck jews worthless godamn kikes do notneed to b brough tup in this talk about inteligence
oh yea they do
they are fuckign stupid as shit all are fuckign stupid
just fucking every fuckign thing, they never produce they dont know when something is done they only know slavery
>>
File: colbertwtfgif.gif (1MB, 793x595px) Image search: [Google]
colbertwtfgif.gif
1MB, 793x595px
>>131840760
this is like the
(((JidF)))
((()))
nothing more nothing less
>>
>>131803713
>topic title Political
>>131844340
>reply to
/end of thread
>>
>>131803713
>what is predictive validity

https://youtu.be/WGp06vMPERE?t=2m12s
>>
>>131844635
its stupid bullshit took longer than 7 seconds to even say nothing
((()))
>>
http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/the-existence-of-race/
http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/race-and-crime/

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/race-and-iq-the-case-for-genes/

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/race-and-crime-the-causes-of-black-crime-rates/

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/race-iq-and-crime/

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/lead-race-and-crime/

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/race-intelligence-and-nutrition/

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/12/23/race-iq-and-lead/

http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/09/10/the-flynn-effect-race-and-iq/

http://www.humanbiologicaldiversity.com/articles/Fuerst%2C%20John.%20%22The%20nature%20of%20race.%22%20Open%20Behavioral%20Genetics%2C%20June%2C%202015.pdf

Really is easy to debunk OP.
>>
>>131845847
Oops, forgot one: http://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/06/29/white-privilege-inheritance-education-and-employment/.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.