[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Putting aside the fact that he influenced Marx for a moment,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Putting aside the fact that he influenced Marx for a moment, what does /pol/ really think of G.W.F Hegel?
>>
Brilliant but fundamentally flawed ideas, and lead others down dark paths. I like what Kierkegaard has to say about him. Thanks continental philosophy, for bringing into the world the most satanic theories in existence.
>>
File: George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.jpg (121KB, 452x572px) Image search: [Google]
George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.jpg
121KB, 452x572px
>>
>>131793540
too deep for daily read.
i read while taking a dump.
>>
File: hegel2.png (144KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
hegel2.png
144KB, 309x309px
Going through the Phenomenology of Spirit right now, with the help of Findlay's analysis an Sadler's Half Hour Hegel series on youtube.

It's a fucking journey, but an incredibly rewarding one. Takes a lot of reflection to truly make sense of it, but I suppose that is one of the themes of his project. The true cannot be expressed in an abstract proposition, it is rather something dynamic, something to be arrived at.
>>
>>131794827

spicy
>>
>>131793540
I haven't read him, but I plan to eventually. Which work of his should I start with?
>>
File: 018.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
018.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>131793540
>existentialism
>>
>>131797778
Philosophy of History.
>>
>>131794467

Anyone that reads kierkegaard is instantly muh nigga
>>
>>131793540
He got paid to write some shit. He wrote some shit and idiots think now that he is some kind of a genious. He is not. He was just a paid writer to prove the mandate of the german state.

He failed, obviously, and provided yet another entry to the list of things that germany has done to destroy the world.
>>
>>131797778

The Phenomenology of Spirit is what most people start with. The lectures or Philosophy of History might be a bit more comprehensible at a first reading, but they're more useful to read if you first grasp the system he lays out in The Phenomenology of Spirit and then the Science of Logic.

Check out Gregory Sadler's Half Hour Hegel series on Youtube, it's incredible. It's still an ongoing project, but he is going through and analyzing every single paragraph in the book.
>>
this is what europeans unironically think about
>>
>>131794467
can you expand on this a bit?
>>
>>131798212
"For if I am dependent, my being is referred to something else which I am not; I cannot exist independently of something external. I am free on the contrary, when my existence depends upon myself. This self-contained existence of Spirit is none other than self-consciousness — consciousness of one's own being. " - Hegel (The Philosophy of History, Chapter III, The Abstract Characteristics of the Nature of Spirit)

This is why I say read the Philosophy of History first, Hegel better defines what he means when he speaks about consciousness and so it can help makes the Phenomenology a bit more comprehensible when you have it in mind.
>>
>>131798373

Hegel's view of the world was deeply historicist and teleological. He thought that history was essentialy the progress towards the consciousness of freedom. What he meant by freedom was rather different than what most people mean today (that is, freedom as the absence of interference). To him, freedom wasn't that you could simply choose any pattern of behavior you wanted, but freedom was itself a pattern of behavior: an end state, achieving your true potential and finally overcoming alienation. You can think of this freedom as "rationality" or "self-actualization". This directly influenced Marx, who saw communism as being this end-state of history where human freedom would finally be actualized. A lot of the horrible acts of totalitarian regimes in the 20th century were also influenced by this: Arbeit macht frei, GULAGs etc; essentialy forcing people to be free.)
>>
>>131798373

Kierkegaard was a bit miffed that Hegel was attempting to create some kind of unified philosophical theory that could find objective answers to existing. Kierkegaard rightfully said that this is literally impossible. I am not the smartest guy in the world, and when reading Kierkegaard I sometimes have to read, reread, and and read again parts of his writings. Try reading Concluding Unscientific Postscript sometime. What he says about Hegel is pretty fascinating stuff.
>>
https://pervegalit.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/how-to-fake-your-way-through-hegel/

Quick guide to get you up to speed on discussing all things Hegel
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.