[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the left value emotion over reason?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1498532962390.jpg (48KB, 695x516px) Image search: [Google]
1498532962390.jpg
48KB, 695x516px
It seems like almost every argument for liberalism is based on appeal to emotion, there isn't any logic involved in their debate or policy, and nine times out of ten they become offended or change the subject when you logically refute them. Why is this?
>>
>>131776625
Conservatives do the same. The main ideologies that don't rely on an appeal to emotion are anarcho-capitalism, enlightened absolutism, and anti-natalism.
>>
>>131776625
>gays shouldn't marry
>trans men should use the women's restroom
>flag burning is ebil
>support our troops
>why are liberals so emotional?
Fuck off, you're retarded.
>>
>>131776625
It's easier to appeal to people via muh feels, because people are inherently irrational and the less intelligent a person is, it's easier to break down issues to simple emotional level. If we wanted a reasonable political discussion, the voting should be extremely limited.
There was a paper on how US. politicians' speeches degraded from university level to 6th grade level, parallel to the devaluation of voting rights, I guess this is the best illustration.
>>
>>131776625
Think of the children!
>>
>>131776625
Emotion is the cognitive experience of instinct and conditioning. Normal people trust their instincts and their lived experience. Autistic losers are the only ones who fail to understand this and blindly worship logic.
>>
>>131776625
Short answer: Yes
Ieftist philosophy in its current form is based on people's initial emotions as permanent. I feel like this now and I will always feel like this....
Much of this comes from psychology were they are taught that all feelings are valid. There is no logic or value judgement made on the feelings. You feel this way and that is all that is needed to force others to give validation. (It took me years for my wife to stop using the feelings = valid argument).
Feelings plus evidence can equal a valid argument and evidence alone can equal a valid argument but feelings alone can not.
They are about making people feel better but not really be better. One analogy would be someone who gets injured. The leftist solution would be like pain killers while "right" solution would be physical therapy. The leftist tell little boys if they feel like a little girl today that it's ok instead of telling him to stop being an attention seeking asshole and go play sports with the other boys.
Because of the emphasis on feelings most leftist solutions are short term and they do not plan out what the long term solution is when the system adjusts and the data forces changes. Most social programs work like this. When welfare made a low skilled father worthless that was probably not a consideration when they created the system because it was more important to make the mother feel better now.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.