[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Role of the State

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3358.jpg (124KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3358.jpg
124KB, 674x960px
I'm constantly getting into (friendly) arguments with my leftist friends about what exactly the role of a state in the U.S.

I was raised in Texas, as were they, so obviously we were raised with the idea that the states are meant to take care of their respective citizens in a far more intimate way than the federal government.

They make the argument that states are really just "extensions" of the federal government's authority. Something that bugs me immensely about this, is that they seem to ignore how one state can differ from another (I;e California is not Iowa)

In particular, that argument isn't even comprehensible to them when I say
> "what works in california might not work elsewhere, some of those policies would harm a lot of people"

All I get is a really shifty/angry liberal tardrage in response, "ITS ALL SCALABLE, WHAT WORKS HERE WORKS EVERYWHERE, JUST LIKE HOW SWEDEN IS GOOD SO WE NEED TO ACT LIKE SWEDEN"

(I shit you not this was almost verbatim, but to be fair we were a few beers deep)

So my question for y'all - What do you believe the role of a state is in the Union?

Are policies that work amazingly in one state proof that they'll work in other?
>>
>>131765826
>Arguing with liberals
>>
The browner the skin of the people involved, the shittier it will be. A shit sandwitch is still going to taste like shit no matter what kind of toast you slap on top. And if you are working with a bunch of niggers, it doesn't matter if the framework is statist, cultural, religious, libertarian, corporatist...It's still going to be a shitty brown mess.
>>
>>131766323
Don't cut yourself on that edge now
>>
>>131766410
Prove me wrong faggit.
>>
>>131766013
This, it's much more fun to just go full TAXATION IS THEFT, PHYSICALLY REMOVE DEGENERATES, GASSING COMMIES DOESN'T VIOLATE THE NAP and watch the results
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.