[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White House Warning Halted Syria Chemical Attack, Officials Say

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Pepe_Shrug.png (80KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Shrug.png
80KB, 560x407px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/06/28/mattis-claims-syria-heeds-u-s-warnings-over-chemical-strike-they-didnt-do-it/?utm_term=.3428c1cbab28

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/us/politics/white-house-warning-syria-chemical-attack-officials-says.html

President Trump’s national security officials declared on Wednesday that a White House warning this week to President Bashar al-Assad of Syria had succeeded in stopping a chemical weapons attack by the Syrian government.

“They didn’t do it,” Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told reporters as he traveled to Belgium.

By Wednesday morning, Mr. Mattis said it appeared that Mr. Assad “took the warning seriously.” He declined to say whether preparations that were noted in Mr. Trump’s statement had ended. But he repeatedly noted the lack of a chemical weapons attack in the two days since the White House issued its warning.

“They didn’t do it,” he repeated twice more.

Nikki R. Haley, the United States ambassador to the United Nations, echoed Mr. Mattis, telling lawmakers during a hearing that Mr. Trump’s warning had worked.

So then what the hell was that whole warning about? The whole situation was baffling, I really cannot believe this was anything but some 4d chess by Trump but what was it for?
>>
It's literally a free win for trump. If he says they will attack, warns them not too, and nothing happens, then he gets to claim he prevented the attack and looks good, even if there never was going to be an attack in the first place.
>>
>>131742466
>It's literally a free win for trump. If he says they will attack, warns them not too, and nothing happens, then he gets to claim he prevented the attack and looks good, even if there never was going to be an attack in the first place.

I really see no need at this time for him to need a boost of that kind. And why anger Russia further, unless Russia is aware of all that and is just publicly showing disdain as a false front?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.