[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vietnam War

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3722.jpg (59KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3722.jpg
59KB, 450x450px
>The US was defeated in the Vietnam War
I am so fucking sick of this meme. We LOST, sure, but we weren't defeated. Defeated would imply that our hand was forced. It wasn't. We could've curbstomped the Vietcong in 1 week max, but we gave enough of a shit about human rights to pull a shit ton of punches.
>Muh napalm
I'm not trying to defend the US' use of napalm. What I am pissed about, however, is all you Europoors giving the US shit about it. You guys understand that your countries have done things far worse. Also, to all you Frenchies out there, the French used napalm against Vietnam during the Second Indochina War. So shut the fuck up. Europoors are the least qualified people to be speaking about human rights.

Finally, people overstate the effects of the Vietnam War. People in the west consider it a horrible war that devastated South East Asia. In reality, it didn't have that big of an impact. Really, most Vietnamese today don't give a shit about the war. Hell, Vietnam is one of the most pro-American countries.
People always forget that the Vietnam war was wedged between Chinese and Japanese invasions of Vietnam. These invasions were FAR more brutal than anything the Americans did (Especially the Japanese invasions).

tl;dr – Stop making such a big deal about the war. The US voluntarily forfeited. It didn't have that big of an impact on Vietnam. Only thing keeping it relevant is hating on the US.
>>
It was a horrible, stupid war and Vietnam is now our capitalist ally
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.