[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions about the roman empire

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1a.jpg (172KB, 875x988px) Image search: [Google]
1a.jpg
172KB, 875x988px
>>
pretty great, they enjoyed the fruits of a system founded on civic nationalism and christianity

remember when they had slaves? haha that was crazy but i guess they needed it to expand rapidly and create prosperity
>>
>>131697408
What's there to say? It laid the foundation for Western culture. Many of it's monuments and buildings still stand today and their language forms the basis for today's major languages. We may never see another empire like it, especially not one that lasts as long as it did.
>>
File: 1485486645912.png (314KB, 404x396px) Image search: [Google]
1485486645912.png
314KB, 404x396px
>>131697408
It was pretty dope
>>
>>131697408
AVE IMPERATOR! we brought civilization to the Gauls, but Greek degeneracy is destroying our Roman virtues. 50 generations of glorious empire. A way of ruling which has guided the West. Romans would have been victorious in Afghanistan and Iraq that is for sure. On the Cross with profilgates
>>
They were undefeated, until a certain merchant class spread degeneracy and funneled vandals into their culture to cause decay from within.
>>
Proof that after Middle-eastern Semites, Mediterraneans are superior over Western-Europeans.
>>
>>131697408
Miss her every day...
>>
>>131697408
bretty gud but too corrupted because democracy fucking sucks
>>
>>131697408
You're in it, essentially.
>>
>>131698210
>>131698183
Does anyone think Europe/America will last as long as they did? I fear the future of the West. Makes me sad.
>>
>>131697408
Pretty fucking degenerate and a lot worse than any of you people could ever imagine, also not only horrible wrong in every depiction on shows and comics, but you lads also alwaYs focus on the lives on the tiny upper class,which was also worse than you'd think.

t. Classical philologist with a focus on Latin, secondary on ancient Greek

I hope his thread gets deleted before Americans start to have historical opinions.
>>
>>131698183
>They were undefeated
Rome was pillaged several times, Romans were defeated often enough and managed to beat their greatest for by beating their faces into his fist until he went home where he was defeated by a roman who used his tactics against him

This is what I was talking about, I'll go to fucking bed before it gets worse.
>>
>>131698575
Horace, Ovid and the the Cicero class were degenerate. Sure many of them fucked boys. Many more thought it a disgusting Greek import. Cato, Scipio, Sulla and August were virtuous Romans. They liked morality and many killed themselves out of honour for the Republic as it fell. Marcus Antonious had an honourable death instead of being assasintated. Many retired to farms a voluntarily gave up power at their very height. When do you ever hear of that happening even today?
>>
>>131697408

Augustus is the coolest fight me
>>
File: IMG_9771.jpg (324KB, 899x646px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9771.jpg
324KB, 899x646px
>>131698815
>Rome was pillaged
Apologize
>>
>>131699529

>ywn be that guy in the middle
>>
>>131697408

>>>/his/
and 1 post by ID
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.