[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAPPENING: WALMART DECLARES WAR ON AMAZON

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: can you feel it.jpg (212KB, 750x675px) Image search: [Google]
can you feel it.jpg
212KB, 750x675px
In a note this morning from Deutsche Bank's freight and logistics analyst Amit Mehrotra, he notes that the "WMT vs. AMZN battle is heating up" and points to a report by DV Velocity, according to which a well respected transportation industry consultant told attendees of a logistics conference that Walmart (WMT) is telling trucking companies that it will no longer do business with them if they continue moving goods for Amazon (AMZN).
This follows similar reports citing WMT’s “request” for its tech partners to stop using Amazon Web Services.
as CNBC reported last week, WalMart warned some tech companies that if they want Wal-Mart's business, they can't run applications on Amazon's cloud platform, Amazon Web Services, some tech companies told The Wall Street Journal. Wal-Mart uses some tech vendors' cloud apps that run on AWS, Wal-Mart spokesman Dan Toporek told the Journal, though he declined to say which apps or how many. But Toporek did acknowledge instances where Wal-Mart is pushing for AWS alternatives, the Journal reported Wednesday.

http://archive.is/2IICp
>>
>>131653402
>current year wars
where corporations fighting will cause more bloodshed than nations/ political units fighting
>>
>>131653402
Well, that was fast. I knew they wouldn't take kindly to the Whole Foods buyout. WalMart has been passively fighting Amazon for sometime now, but doing so by eating itself. Eliminating job positions (a computer does all scheduling in most stores), eliminating associates (self-checkouts, and no associates to be found for assistance unless you need meet sliced or you want to buy a telephone), and eliminating full-time positions by replacing them with part-timers who won't qualify for any benefits. WalMart has also tried to increase traffic to online sales. All this has done is kill their customer service while increasing theft in their stores (fewer people working there). So now they've gone on the offensive with Amazon. Should be interesting to see how this pans out. My money is on Amazon, personally.
>>
>>131653402
10 bucks amazon buys walmart by the end of this year or summer
>>
>>131654120
>My money is on Amazon, personally.
I'd agree with this
who knew we'd live to see Walmart fall

It also ties in with the current collapse of retail stores, walmart has weathered the storm, but not without significant damage
>>
What caused this feud?
>>
>>131654570
They compete for the same customers and sell similar products now
Amazon is also one of the factors wiping out traditional brick and mortar stores
>>
>>131653402
>neither want anything to do with Romania
How come?
>>
>>131654544
>wanting walmart to collapse
Would you love that dish served wth the crash of the food industry for the public market kind sir.
>>
>>131653402
Can't believe I'm on Wal Mart's side in this.
>>
>>131653402
Armored Core here we come!
>>
about a week ago, some dude held a family a gunpoint and forced them to shop at target. I'm really looking forward to the retail wars
>>
>>131654822
That won't happen. There are too many chain grocery stores, as well as local markets if you feel like being a hippy.
>>
>>131654822
Nigga you ever heard of a grocery store?
>>
>>131654410
Lol. Target could happen. Walmart not so much.
>>
>>131654822
>buying groceries at Walmart
Ingles will rain supreme in 2018 once Walmart fails the mass surplus of food stuffs hits the markets you will see a dollar on all food stuffs drop at local groceries.

>also checked
>>
>>131655032
You do have a point, there's more markets besides Walmart, but some states will get fucked hard if this happens >>131655140
Walmart is a huge thing In the industry, and I'm not saying I'm correct but don't some stores like smiths buy from walmart and depend on them some what.
>>
>>131654822
Giant, Food Lion, Wegmans, Aldi, and Amazon Fresh to name a few.
>>
File: jewshown.png (138KB, 354x504px) Image search: [Google]
jewshown.png
138KB, 354x504px
>>131653402
>
>>
>>131655474
No, they buy products in bulk from a distributor or directly from the place of manufacture. They don't buy from a store since retailers get bigger discounts from distributors when they buy in bulk.
>>
>>131653402
I worked at walmart both in a store and in a DC. I also worked at an Amazon.

If you dont dump all your cash into Amazon stock you are a fucking idiot. The only thing keeping WM afloat is government subsidies. I dont like amazon but they are the future, unfortunately.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.