[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get 5000 dollars in Financial Aid every 3 semesters. Where

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: moderate muslima.jpg (33KB, 428x627px) Image search: [Google]
moderate muslima.jpg
33KB, 428x627px
I get 5000 dollars in Financial Aid every 3 semesters.
Where does this money come from.
I love Pell Grant.
>>
>>131638318
Do you get stoned on the regular?
>>
I also get the Pell Grant.
t. immigrant from Eastern Europe
>>
>>131638318

My taxes.
>>
>>131639842
Absolute Rare desu.
>>
>>131638318

haram lmao
>>
>>131638318
She gon bomb shit
>>
>>131638318
Borrowed on the financial market. Thus society has to pay interest for the money borrowed which is reserved for future generation. Take your responsibility and neck yourself.
>>
>>131638318

im glad someone is asking this question

we should all ask where money comes from more often

the info is already out there
>>
Seriously, there's millions of students, and they all get that much money wtf
>>
File: absolute disgust.png (119KB, 226x228px) Image search: [Google]
absolute disgust.png
119KB, 226x228px
>>131639842
a fucking FOOD PYRAMID
>>
>>131641336

up for a 3.9 out of 10 billion dollar cut under Trump

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/03/17/proposed-us-budget-would-imperil-pell-and-low-income-students-critics-say
>>
>>131639967
Nope. Immigrants can't get it.
>>131638318
You only get a limited amount. Around like 4 and 1/2 years worth I think (its aimed to poor kids who more or less fail at a higher average so need more than 4 years time BUT if you constantly fail you lose all federal aid.) The best thing to do is use the aid to go to a community college, get a high as fuck GPA (3.8 and above) and apply to scholarships to 4 year colleges. You can still use financial aid too with the scholarship.

>>131640623
Using tax money to get people an education into high paying jobs is an investment because the money they pay back through taxes will offset the money they got in aid multiple times over.
>>
>>131638318
It came from people who work and might not have been able to go to college.
>>
>tfw my local community college charges $5k a semester for tuition

I'm too old to attend anyways to start from the bottom as I don't have a GED or anything.
>>
>>131638318
Also just letting you know, that money you get in the refund checks HAS to be used for education purposes. If you do not and the IRS finds out that money instantly becomes labeled income. Educational grants are not treated as income so are not taxable but the moment you use that to buy a vidya game or shit then it's income. People who abuse the system should get fucked over. The system was intended for people who actually want to go to college but can't afford it.
>>
>>131641931
really? wow that's a lot. You are never too old to attend, you just however need a GED to get the federal aid. My community college not only is half the cost of that but is in a dual admissions program with the local 4 year colleges (rutgers and njit) so the first 2 years are treated as equal to the first 2 years of those programs.
>>
>>131638318
I hate it when people- especially women, make that gesture. My pet peeve. It's just so juvenile and no class. It's always the trash that does it.
>>
>>131642016
but I only bought groceries and a dildo with it
>>
>>131642299
All of the credits are transferable to one of the four year colleges in the state, which justifies the cost in their mind. I don't have Trump-tier stamina to do both class and my 50 hour/wk job. Since I don't get any assistance for part-time attendance, i'll probably be pushing 50 by the time I finish CC.
>>
>>131642299
man my future community college is just likes yours . raritan ?
>>
>>131642898
no, its in NJ though. NJIT and Rutgers pretty much have dual admissions with the community colleges in all of NJ. Also NJ gives out state grants. Pretty sure NJ is the best state to live i for college grants (well NY might be better now because the college is free for NY residents now).
>>
File: end it.jpg (13KB, 486x487px) Image search: [Google]
end it.jpg
13KB, 486x487px
>>131638318
>>
>>131643188
yeah , raritan has the same system , gonna pass the placement test next week , i dont even need to pass the sat or act to get into it and all i have to do is get a 3.3 gpa or more and get transferred to Rutgers or NJIT ; pretty slick
>>
Been working for a university for 11 years, only 30% of financial aid recipents are audited and verified. Don't blame the student, blame the lazy employee who isn't doing their job
>>
>>131643449
Don't take the placement test lightly. For the math part if you fuck up they will force you to take remedial classes before you ever see Calc 1 (if you are going to STEM)
>>
>>131643696
Are you a professor?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.