[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why support monarchism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I've been surprised by the number of people still advocating for a genuine autocratic monarchy, (read: not loads but still a few). Yet the only argument I can think of for it is:

>democracy requires everyone to be smart. Monarchy requires only one man be smart.

Now using Britain, as flag suggests I'm British, as an example we had Henry VII (pic related) who was so bad we had the whole Wars of the Roses. Additionally since its removal as an autocratic power in favour of a ceremonial one the Britain really expanded to it's fullest potential. It seems to me monarchies held back a nations potential by the fueding between families and trying to ensure their dynasty over the nation's interests.
So does anyone else actually think it would be worth a monarchy and Why?
>>
File: monarchy bitches.jpg (328KB, 962x918px) Image search: [Google]
monarchy bitches.jpg
328KB, 962x918px
>>131637599
>Now using Britain, as flag suggests I'm British, as an example we had Henry VII (pic related) who was so bad we had the whole Wars of the Roses.

Are you trolling or are you just a product of Labour education?
>>
i seriously think the people advocating for monarchy or other forms of authoritarian systems are people who are lacking a parent or a form of authoritativeness in their lives. they have no discpline themselves and in result their lives are shitty. they need someone to tell them what to do.
>>
>>131637756
I'm being dead serious.
>>
>>131638128
Monarchy is generally more libertarian, though. Are you thinking of fascism?
>>
>>131637599
You're talking about a feudalistic monarchy, where the monarch relied on financial support from wealthy aristocrats, and even then cases like you mentioned were not the norm. I advocate for an absolute monarchy for the following reasons:

>dynastic monarchy locks subversive agents out of power permanently
>prevents plutocratic rule because the king will always have more resources and power than any wealthy individual or family (see Ivan the "Terrible")
>preserves tradition/religion
>holds one person ultimately responsible/prevents deep states from functioning effectively
>creates consistency in policies over a long span
>gives the nation a role model
>>
>>131637599
order, stability, efficiency, and tradition are all good things anon
>>
>inb4 pictures of von habsburgs
that was inbreeding not monarchy
>>
Democracy lead to both world wars and then the migrant invasion of Europe.
>>
>>131638128
So Europeans for the last 1500 years have been less masculine than Europeans and Americans today? Ridiculous. To value authority is to recognize that most people, when left to their own devices, do indeed fall into all kinds of degeneracy and degredation. If traditions are not preserved then the entire social order collapses into individualistic anarchy - which is the reason people like Miley Cyrus and Bruce Jenner are allowed to exist and corrupt the minds of children and others. By the way, the breakdown of tradition is also the reason why so many men don't have fathers around these days.

>>131638844
Fascism promotes free markets provided they don't operate at the expense of the national integrity. Dildo sales and Mcnuggets would be in short supply in a fascist economy as they should be.
>>
Britain succeeded when it was ruled by an aristocratic class in the House of Lords.

Forms of government only have a limited determining influence. What is needed is a class is individuals that develop traditions of actually caring about leading well. Democracy as commonly conceived is thus mostly a sham. If it works well, it's because a ruling elite gets established. But that isn't very common.

The problem is that everything decays, and any successful rulership will almost inevitable decay into corruption.
>>
File: 2017-06-28-11-37-38-.jpg (11KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28-11-37-38-.jpg
11KB, 264x191px
the restoration of the monarchy is the only thing that can currently save my country
>>
>>131641337
Checked for l337posting
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.