[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Moon Man ignored and Pepe criticized ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: MoonMan.jpg (145KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
MoonMan.jpg
145KB, 1200x675px
opinions /pol

Why was a multinational corporation's character who's purpose was direct and to the point ignored by MSM and Social Media while Pepe gained all the heat ?

I had read on Wiki that Moon Man was taken down from one Mcdonald location due to the association with white supremacy
>>
Pepe is pretty well known around the internet, but I've never seen moon man outside of /pol/.
>>
Pepe was probably considered a bigger subversive threat due to him being a more current and recognizable icon as opposed to an old fast food mascot that doesn't have any relevance to people these days.
>>
>>131633617
Moon man couldn't be connected to trump. But trump did retweet a guy that used a pepe pic. Hence, pepe was suddenly deemed the white supremacist amphibian to attack trump.
>>
>>131633617
While Moon Man is more "Shocking" and offensive you kinda have to look for him by going to /pol/ or youtube and getting him in your recommended. That's a lot of work for the (((journalists))) in the mainstream media. Where Pepe you can go on reddit and find him in about 1 millisecond.
>>
>>131635308
I guess that answers most everything
Because I don't really go on Reddit unless its for the flipping Ebay forums
>>
>>131635561
I only go on there for r/ hockey and any type of paradox game and even then I still wanna gauge my fucking eyes out when I read the comments.
>>
>>131633617
Moonman was always forced and terrible. He's like /pol/'s version of CIA
>>
>>131634359
He was on YTMND first you fucking newfag.
>>
>>131633617
He wasn't ignored.
Vice wrote a whole article dedicated to "exposing" the alt-rights phrases and memes.
Moon Man was among the meme's discussed.
>>
>>131638475
>YTMND
i saw that one ya
>>
>>131633617

Probably because MoonMan is RAcist

DUUUUUUUUUUUUR
>>
>>131633617
Because pepe is more popular. White and black people on twitter used pepe before hillary attacked it as white supremacy symbol
>>
>>131637159
>>131637159
>>131637159
>>131637159
>>131637159
This

Get out you fucking redditors
>>
>>131633617
Because Trump used it so the left made up bullshit about it being a "white supremacy" symbol so the general public would belive that Trump is "literally Hitler"
>>
>>131633617
because at this point pepe is a reddit meme which gets it a lot more exposure
>>
Moon Man was a forced /pol/ meme

Pepe was just a meme that exploded onto the Internet, and CNN found the ONE KKK Pepe (spooky ghost Pepe) to make the case it's a white supremacist symbol.
>>
Everyone keeps talking about Reddit
I'm an old fag

I found Reddit on accident and I thought it was mostly full of sexual perverts and closet child molesters

The only value I found on Reddit was the forums on Ebay, Electronic repairs ect.

I'm really absent minded to much of the other internet that uses social media outside of Youtube
>>
File: Screenshot_Doom_20170628_120415.png (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_Doom_20170628_120415.png
109KB, 640x480px
>>131636022
The Moonman mod it's pretty good though
>>
>>131633617
Trump posted pepe memes. Media Google imaged "nazi pepe" and cried as they always do. Easy.
>>
>>131642555

Why didn't Grinch posting take off?
>>
>>131633617
I guess it was so extreme that people thought it was satire?
>>
>>131633617
Moonman is outwardly racist and normies aren't surprised by it.
>>
>>131642555
>CNN found the ONE KKK Pepe

/pol/ proved that the KKK Pepe was faked by CNN. It was such a shitty design that no autist here would have ever released something like that. We take pride in our work here.
>>
>>131633617
>Why was Moon Man ignored and Pepe criticized ?

Because pepe grew popular among normies at some point, even Perry and Minaj used it, /pol/ taking it back was a huge success of the ebil nazi white supremacists.
>>
Because even McDonalds hates Moon Man aka Mac Tonight; they got sued by the family of Bobbie Darrin (50s singer Mac Tonight is based off of) for the mascot being a rip off version of the singer. And had to settle out of court/retire him voluntarily to avoid a bigger settlement with Darin's family
>>
>>131633617

Moonman got a lot of shit. was not ignored. But was shut down more. But did not survive/get out of the box whenever shut down in the same way Pepe did. To put it simply... pepe's kept alive by normies/alt liters/civcucks etc as opposed to moonman who is a lot more straight forward and did not gain as much if any traction with normies. Well known in some circles, but not in the same way Pepe now is. Not to mention the timing and so on. It's like youtubers sometimes getting big even if you view the content as a lesser version of a less known youtuber's work.
>>
>>131633617

Oh, and pepe is more cartoony and silly compared to moonman. again, it catches on easier with simpler crowds.
>>
Pepe crossed over to normies and Moonman didnt. I don't think Katy Perry would have posted Moonman, really...
>>
File: Obama Unfettered Autism.png (212KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Obama Unfettered Autism.png
212KB, 500x500px
>>131640909
>>
>>131633617
McDonald's told the media to stop investigating.
Or they ignored it before getting McThreats and McCharges.
Getting associated with right wing in any way is bad publicity. And we don't want to annoy our god-companies, do we?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.