[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This book

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2164.jpg (139KB, 670x946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2164.jpg
139KB, 670x946px
I'm 27 years old and for the first time I read Brave New World. Most American kids read it in high school and I feel fortunate I experienced it for the first time after I've lived a little. Almost immediately I identified modern sci fi references to it, specifically Westworld, the Matrix, and Bioshock. I know this title gets brought up with some regularity on here, albeit not as much as 1984, but my advice to anyone wanting to simultaneously get redpilled and rediscover some humanity, read this book.
>>
File: 1498143619280.jpg (102KB, 901x883px) Image search: [Google]
1498143619280.jpg
102KB, 901x883px
Daily reminder that everyone here is the Savage. Your customs are strange and unfamiliar to the childish blue pilled masses that do nothing but take their soma and eventually they'll drive you to suicide because there is no hope of living out your traditional life away from their degeneracy.
>>
>>131628425
I held out some reflexive false hope when he came to London that he would liberate the masses, destroy the whole system. Huxley didn't compromise. I like that.
>>
File: wojakbitbeanPINK.jpg (43KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
wojakbitbeanPINK.jpg
43KB, 220x229px
>tfw children will be playing sanctioned sex games at school in your lifetime

Huxley was ahead of his time. How can we go back? Is becoming Amish the only way?
>>
We are the savages living in the tower at the end, constantly mocked as we watch society's morals and customs crumble.
>>
File: intelligent wojak 4.png (11KB, 230x328px) Image search: [Google]
intelligent wojak 4.png
11KB, 230x328px
>>131628147
I stated reading this recently and Brian just seems like such a fedora
>too intelligent to work diligently
>muh drinking is bad
>muh looking into the sea at night
>muh music isn't real music
>it's okay to act socially retarded sometimes
>>
What a coincidence, I just read this recently too.
Was it just me or was the description of Mustafa Mond slightly semitic
>>
>>131629471
No goy. He's just in charge and there's nothing strange about sucking dick in the street. Have some soma why don't you.
>>
>>131628677
But the Savage's world was't paradise either. Give me pneumatic available bunnies and a gramme of soma any day
>>
>>131629471
I felt a greater connection to what he represented than the savage. In his past life he pursued the truth, sought to change things, questioned the entire system. And to what avail? He was presented with exile or a position within the very thing he opposed. It's like being the only one in your group of friends/family/coworkers who gives a fuck, asks questions, distrusts the narrative. Your awareness is a blessing and a curse, because in the end you you're alone. A cog in the machine, the only thing you have is yourself and your knowledge and understanding.
>>
>>131628147
Huxley was practically a commie. If you think any part of this work is about red pilling people you're a fucking dunce.

His overall point of the novel is to tell us regular people (or the "savages") that the future will leave our old ways behind, and that we can either accept the new ways or refuse them.
Refusing them didn't work out too well for those in the book, they were stuffed into ghettos or killed themselves.

He never really said in the book if the brave new world was good or evil. It just was. If anything, you could argue John the Savage was the bad guy, he fucking murders a girl in the closing scenes before hanging himself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.