[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ransomware

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: petya.jpg (106KB, 1043x586px)
petya.jpg
106KB, 1043x586px
Have we passed peak internet, /pol/? I mean, sure there has been malware and viruses forever, but it seems like the pace is really picking up now. In this latest attact, the email address for the ransom was dead within a few hours so there is no decrypting the files. Now there is a fear that the next attack will be on the cloud. Is the internet over?
>>
File: die-cut-stickers.png (14KB, 325x262px) Image search: [Google]
die-cut-stickers.png
14KB, 325x262px
Remember, the cloud (or whatever backup server you or anyone uses) is just as vulnerable.
>>
A total internet blackout to keep information from coming in while conflict with Turkey - Syria begins ww3
>>
The places getting hit today were big companies with large IT departments and IT security staffs. And it wasn't really like taking hostages or blackmail because there was no one there to take the money and send the decryption key. Now it is just vandalism. Anarchy!
>>
>>131605583
Sure, OK, but who against who?
>>
File: pltr.jpg (82KB, 644x450px) Image search: [Google]
pltr.jpg
82KB, 644x450px
I guess it doesn't matter. So we lose the files, all the backups. Didn't matter that much anyway. Just a bunch of stupid medical records and bank stuff and Youtube vids. We can go back to listening to the radio.
>>
>>131605112
No
the internet is not "over"
this is not the end
infact
it is just the begining

computer security is going to be revolutionized with the blockchain
theresa May thinks shes gonna stop encrytion
lol
your going to see more encrytption then ever before
and better
and even better anonymous and privacy protocols
and eventually your information will only be held on your machine, and only those who have the current key (or a one time key) can access it

imagine your FB profile, but info only exists on your machine, and if you 'friend" somebody they get a licence to access that info (read only)
you can kill their key at any time
no one else can see it
and hacking FB wont help, cause its just software you download to arrange your profile on your machine
>>
File: kek elite.jpg (180KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
kek elite.jpg
180KB, 1920x1920px
>>131606940
not sure if larping.jpg
>>
>>131606940
Friend, I want to think you are right. Obv, using things like PGP and the blockchain where there are audits and the keys are on the users machine are extremely secure. But, what happens when the machine goes down, either due to mechanical problems or ransomware? Then all is lost. And we know computers are not forever machines. Not yet. If the keys are not saved "off site" then they are vulnerable, and soon, if they are saved offsite, they will be vulnerable, too. Auditable blochchains saved on multiple servers are a good start. But the race is on.
>>
>>131605112

Probably not. But I wouldn't mind. The internet has contributed to globalization. We are 'all connected.' Moreover, we now just mindlessly gaze into the computer all day. Sure. Let it go - at least for a little while. We all need a break from this addition.
>>
File: 1498086305558.png (329KB, 801x444px) Image search: [Google]
1498086305558.png
329KB, 801x444px
>>131605455
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.