[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Tower

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: DarkTower-Elba.jpg (148KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
DarkTower-Elba.jpg
148KB, 1200x600px
A long running and popular series of books has recently been adapted for the screen, and it's formerly white protagonist is now being portrayed by Idris Elba.

>Akiva Goldsman is absolutely in love with the idea of Idris Elba playing The Gunslinger. His excitement is palpable in a recent interview where he speaks about the possibility of Elba in the role. His feelings toward those that don’t like the casting choice are equally clear. They can go to hell.
>I'm unbelievably proud of it as a collaborator on this enterprise and because I think that he's a great actor and I couldn't be more thrilled that he is likely to play a part... I understand that people who are thoughtful about the storytelling and the racial politics of the storytelling might want to understand how that informs that storytelling, and I respect that and I hear that, and those things are not things we didn't think about or don't think about. The racist assholes should go fuck themselves.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dark-Tower-Producer-Has-Blunt-Message-Who-Don-t-Like-Idris-Elba-105537.html

>Akiva Goldsman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akiva_Goldsman#Early_life

Why is /pol/ ALWAYS right?
>>
File: who.jpg (181KB, 563x821px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
181KB, 563x821px
>>131599028
>>
>>131599028
Dark tower is shit anyways
>>
>>131599028
I like Elba but ffs the Gunslinger is supposed to be Clint Eastwood. This would be like remaking El Dorado and making John Wayne's roll get played by a Mexican woman.
>>
>>131599495
well played sir... well played.
>>
>>131599028
>Stephen King
Who gives a fuck his work sucks.
>>
if I was the investor in this piece of shit and I was one of the minority of investors who wanted to make money instead of launder narcodollars, casting everynigger no-talent Idris Elba as Clint Eastwood aka The Gunslinger would have me lawyering up.
Elba having been previously cast as Heimdall the White God, this is a clear (((message))) to boycott this pos and the crowbar hacks who make it.
>>
Idris Elba is cool though
>>
File: 1437520153333.jpg (97KB, 500x679px) Image search: [Google]
1437520153333.jpg
97KB, 500x679px
Idris Elba's an alright guy, but it's obvious what the producers are up to.
Also read King in Yellow.
>>
File: 1339985906723.jpg (93KB, 752x548px) Image search: [Google]
1339985906723.jpg
93KB, 752x548px
>>131599028
>>
>>131599028
Idris Elba is an actual good actor though. Also, the Dark Tower was shit, so who cares?
>>
>>131599028

Don't dislike him cause hes black. I hate the fad, fucking Roland is white and so the fuck is Nick Fury. Stop making everyone black, it's not that a black actor is playing the part, it's changing the character completely. From what I saw in the trailer, he's not even in the desert or killing anyone in the town like in the book, he was in a goddamn hospital or running around some city and shit.
>>
>>131600059
Stand by me
Shawshank redemption
IT

No, it's your taste that is shit, not his work.
>>
Elba is a fantastic actor. I know akiva.

He's a punk ass little bitch hack of a troll, who cannot be trusted with the change in your ashtray.
>>
File: Africa Red Pill.jpg (495KB, 1813x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Africa Red Pill.jpg
495KB, 1813x1240px
>>131599594

GO FUCK YOURSELF.

But seriously it's actually a really good series.
>>
Elba is a great actor. But why are Jews so obsessed with black people? I really don't get it.
>>
>>131604267
It starts slightly interesting and turns into a complete pile of shit
>>
>>131604372
They're probably baiting white people to start protesting about white characters to start race war 2: aryan genocide bugaloo

>>131604374
Yeah it did end pretty poorly. It's like he just wanted to wrap the shit up and shut up the neckbeards who were emailing daily about
>muh finale
>>
>>131603577
My understanding is that it takes place after the book series.
>>
>>131605156

Inserting himself into the story and making his existence a critical plot point was some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. I'm positive getting hit by that car caused him to go full retard.
>>
>>131599028
I just won't watch it and neither should any of you.
Make sure they lose money for their stupidity.
>>
>>131603877
why didn't you name any of his newer books?
>>
casting black dudes only works for chick flicks and le big fat summer comedy crap. dark tower is niche
>>
can't believe King actually fell for the Elba replaces white people meme
>>
>>131606391
I am not watching this blackwash.
>>
>>131599028
Only real positive is that this might actually be a canon sequel to the books and have a final ending.
>>
>>131607821
The significance of this is that Idris's Roland is literally Roland going through the cycle again but in a different body. It allows them to alter plot points and characters.
>>
>>131602905
>launder narcodollar
redpill me on this
>>
>>131599028
>Idris Elba

What's the deal with this guy and why do the Jews in Hollywood CONSTANTLY bring his name up to play canonically white characters from books?
>>
>>131599673
>but ffs the Gunslinger is supposed to be Clint Eastwood.
Do you realize how old he is?
>>
>>131607953
its called "we have to push diversity so lets fuck up the whole thing to fit it" cant wait to see if the odetta is white calling him a dirty nigger all the time
>>
File: 1495455643387.jpg (171KB, 1024x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495455643387.jpg
171KB, 1024x1200px
>Stephen King movie
And nothing of value was lost, because there was nothing to gain in the first place.
>>
>>131608669
>Gran Torino
>>
Stephen Kang
>>
File: download (2).jpg (97KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
97KB, 500x276px
Should have been Timothy Olyphant.
>>
>>131599028

it doesn't matter because

1. dark tower is trash so nothing of value is lost
2. idris elba has like a 12 inch dong and he should be the next james bond
3. white beta nerds deserve to get cucked too and since they get no pussy this is the closest we can get
>>
>>131608937
What's that supposed to mean? You think he put on aging makeup just for that movie?
>>
>>131609004
He was already old as fuck when he made it, wouldn't hurt for a last hurrah
>>
>>131599028
roland is and always will be a mid 40's clint eastwood

frankly it doesn't matter, this adaptation is gonna suck regardless, even the last few books weren't that great.

stephen king is a cuck and a sell out and a pedo
>>
>>131605241
>after
???

It's a loop
>>
>>131609099
what.
>>
>>131599028
>still watching movies in current year
>>
>>131599673
Eastwood said that he's not doing westerns ever again after Unforgiven.

Also ever since mid 70's he directs all of his movies and usually funds them at least partially, so not everybody will want to work with him.

The problem is that there are no "western icon" actors anymore. Find me one single actor that's:
>younger than 70
>became famous thanks to westerns
There's literally none, Clint Eastwood is really the last "western movie star" around.
>>
File: scott-eastwood-02-768.jpg (543KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
scott-eastwood-02-768.jpg
543KB, 768x1024px
>>131608669
bruh
>>
>>131604267
no, its a terrible series
I have read almost every king book, he is a good ideas man but has no idea how to end stories and ends up with a deux ex machina in the majority of his stories
in the dark tower for example the main villian is flagg not the crimson king, flagg is an immortal being who brought down rolands world but gets killed essentially off screen by a deus ex machina baby
the crimson king is just a shrieking useless piece of shit that is killed by another deux ex machina artist (yes I read insomnia, they are saving a kid not a magical artist)
half the main characters just leave through another deus ex machina
I can go on and on, all his books are like this, great idea, great build up, oh guess what everything is now resolved by something completely unrelated to what you were reading the last 300 pages
king can go to hell and I know this movie will be complete dogshit, he deserves it for having no fucking talent and becoming famous on the backs of good directors who fix his stupid fucking endings
>>
>>131603877
>IT

>>>>>hardcore interracial child gangbang
>>
>>131599028
i'm about as right wing as it gets but i really don't care as long as the movie's good
>>
>>131609347

Dark Tower would have been better as a collection of short stories. The setting is pretty damn cool but yeah he has trouble tying it all together.

This movie should have Scott Eastman playing Roland fuck Jewllywood.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.