[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ influence on US election

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

So i've seen a few posts saying /pol/ 'got Trump elected' or helped in some way or other. Can someone redpill me on this please?

The only thing I can remember from that time which could be remotely related is that dossier handed around multiple intelligence services which included claims of Trump in a Russian hotel getting pissed on by hookers? And the whole thing was debunked and it gave an air of legitimacy back to Trump and swelled the fake news awakening in the run up to the election.

Was that you fuckers?!
>>
>>131594121
yes
/thread
>>
>>131594316
Oh.
Wow...
>>
>>131594982
it was fan fiction somebody wrote months before that an anon was trying to shop a round to media outlets. Eventually, somebody bit.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (33KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
33KB, 320x321px
>>131594121

>dossier handed around multiple intelligence services which included claims of Trump in a Russian hotel getting pissed on by hookers?

Yeah, that was legitimately a guy on here.

Pic related was also /pol/.
>>
This election was fought almost entirely on the internet, the first election to do so.

Few communities have as much an influence on the internet as 4chan does. The media underestimated this and 4chan memes quickly spread to other websites and would eventually find themselves on twitter, facebook, etc.

Anything /pol/ did quickly found itself on the mainstream websites, where it was picked up by normies. And when I say normies, I mean like soccer moms.

To say /pol/ got Trump elected might be too big of a claim, but /pol/ definitely had an impact on the election.
>>
>>131594121
they just had an omnipresent cloud over things

I remember my 30 year old co worker was saying how her 5 year old son had his little elementary school elections and she asked him who he voted for and he proudly said TRUMP. when asked why he didn't vote for hillary he said "KILLARY??? Are you serious???"

The memes definitely swayed the uninitiated
>>
>>131595201
>>131595430

That's actually hilarious.
Although that dossier is probably the main reason the media are relentlessly hammering the Trump-Russia link. Well, ratings are the reason but the dossier helps fuel it. But if the goal was to get him in the WH then a great success it was.
>>
>>131595546
So in that spirit I assume the battle lines are being drawn up for 2020?
>>
File: 1496544889661.png (526KB, 735x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1496544889661.png
526KB, 735x1073px
>>131596025
No need for lines lad. We have them routed. All we need to so is finish them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.