[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As some one who is graduating this year, and who wants to enlist

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: air force.jpg (94KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
air force.jpg
94KB, 1024x1024px
As some one who is graduating this year, and who wants to enlist and go into cyber security in the air force how is it like?
>>
>>131585498
If you are graduating HS that means you are a likely a newfag, or were an underage fag.
If you are graduating college, then you should do officer training rather than enlisting. There is more vertical mobility, the range of what you can do is bigger, and the pay is substantially better.
you should go on /k/, you might find better answers.
>>34380123
>>34380123
>>
>>131586014
im actually 18 and im not a new fag been around since i was 12.
>>
>>131585498
Don't listen to any of the faggots OP enlist for 20 years shit should be great
>>
>>131585498
how is what like? get ready to have every minute of your day scheduled. get ready to be told what to do at every second. get ready to march to the beat of the jews as you fight for the interests of our "greatest ally."

seriously though do it, better than going to college.
>>
>>131586795
But im talking about the specific job i want.
>>
>>131587017
you'll probably be taught to just change the admin password on computers and make sure everyone logs off. only a few bases have cutting edge tech that needs really advance cyberprotection from 4chan hackers
>>
>>131587138
"the hacker known as 4chan"
>>
the job you want will most likely not be the one you get. I picked about 8-10 jobs that I thought i'd like (could deal with) and when one of them opens up I'll get a call saying prepare for bmt.
I picked as many jobs that I thought would benefit me for my future. I want to get a degree in accounting/finance/ economics so I picked jobs dealing with auditing.
I'm hoping to transfer into 6F finances in the next few years, will likely put in my 20 years.
>>
>>131585498
You know
>>>/k/
has a fucking enlistment general, right?
>>
Check the pay scale differences for officers versus enlisted then go to college: http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp
>>
File: 1475443410209.png (442KB, 620x875px) Image search: [Google]
1475443410209.png
442KB, 620x875px
Go for it. Better if you go to college and get am easy degree so you can do to rotc nd make some good money. You cant pick your job as an officer though.

Now, in cyber, you can get out in like 4 years and make a bunch of cash money.
>>
>>131585498
Instead study math, learn encryption while teaching yourself code. Make yourself a private contractor selling code to 3 letter agencies, retire in your 30's. Unless you're retarded then do enlisted and get laughed at when they don't give you the MOS you wanted
>but muh recruiter said...
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Don't do it, if you're smart then act smart. There's a reason you got a 100% on the ASVAB, it's built for raking and stacking double digit IQs.
>>
>>131585498
Air Force yes, cyber security no. Think, my friends: do you really want to go through the process of joining the military just so you can sit in an office and state at a computer screen? Do something awesome and experience things you won't get to do anywhere else.

Worst of all, your 'job skills' will be subpar compared to people who went to college for the field, so you won't even be well positioned once you get it.

Best AFSC: Air Transport. Easy as shit, tech school is six easy weeks in Fort Lee, once you're working you can travel or stay stateside, and once you're out you can work at any airport driving a 60k. You think many people are graduating college with specialized air cargo loaders on their transcript? Not too many, no. Those jobs pay. Supply and demand.
>>
>>131589694
Great advice thanks anon.
>>
File: ship.jpg (97KB, 650x453px) Image search: [Google]
ship.jpg
97KB, 650x453px
go to college. do rotc... profit.
>>
File: 1493862376062.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1493862376062.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
>>131586258
This better be a fucking joke. You're better off killing yourself
>>
File: Big-Boss-Salute.jpg (168KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Big-Boss-Salute.jpg
168KB, 960x544px
>>131585498
Good for you anon.
Im glad when people take the military path.
>good knowledge
>massive wisdom boost
>massive redpill boost
>free healthcare
>free college + housing for less stressful life after military
>generally become successful/patriotic members of society
>>
File: 1481679396382.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481679396382.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>131590757
He's just some shitter who thinks he can do anything. He will realize he's useless and become a penniless loser like the rest of us
>>
>>131585498
looks like satanic horns to me.

Why would you join the ZOG
>>
>>131590333
I'm about to turn 22 and I've been here since I was 13 or 14
>>
>>131586258
>>131590333
I'd kill myself if I was on 4chan for that long
>>
>>131589694
>>131590010
get a degree while you're in. you can start as soon as you finish tech school. each base has a department set up to get you into classes.
it's free, do it.
(thanks tax payers)
>>
It's the hunger games. If you go open general, you'll be Security Forces stuck in a missile field in Minot of FE Warren. Don't do it. It's not the same as when I was in over 12 years ago.
>>
>>131585498
Any desk job is hell in the Air Force, but as a flier you have to do a desk job anyway but at least you'll get a chance to make more money and not feel shitty about not doing anything with your life.

Go officer way better pay, and way better benefits in almost every aspect.

It's all a game, brown nose your way to the top without making everyone hate you and you can make it 20 years easy.

35 if you're lucky and on the fast track.

Cyber Security is probably somewhere you'll be able to learn some marketable skills, do as much school as you can while you're in as long as they'll reimburse you with TA, and save most of your money to invest in property wherever you're stationed or living at the time.

End your service with about 4-5 rental properties that pay themselves back tenfold and keep them or sell them to buy your dream home and car/work or don't work and live off your pension.

Unfortunately you'll be forced to do the new pension program which is less than what people are grandfathered into right now.
>>
>>131593277
Were you in the service?
>>
File: IMG_1694.jpg (47KB, 572x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1694.jpg
47KB, 572x614px
>>131585498
>wanting to be a nonner ass bitch
Go maintainence or stay the fuck home
>>
>>131585498
Former usaf vet here, shit is pretty comfy wish I stayed in desu. Just stay out of security forces.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.