[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should big companies be broken up?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: jewgle.png (376KB, 2492x836px) Image search: [Google]
jewgle.png
376KB, 2492x836px
In a statist system? They are bigger than most countries. Google is bigger, than Standard Oil was (adjusted for inflation).

Pic related current top link on Drudge.
>>
Antitrust laws discourage success. Google only became a monopoly (not even a government backed one as far as I know) by serving the interests of the market. It deserves its monopoly position, and if it fucks up, it'll be replaced.
>>
>>131517886
The EU is far worse than Jewgle
>>
On a side note,
FUCK THE EU!
>>
>>131517886
the EU should be broken up further
>>
>>131518364
The problem is that eventually they might get to a point it won't be affordable for anybody to challenge them, though.
>>
>>131519355
For as long as Google is the best in market, yes. But once it messes up (and trust me, every company does) it will be replaced in one way or another.
>>
>>131519498
fuck off ancap idiot, the market can't be trusted
>>
>>131517886
This.

Trust the bureaucrats instead.
>>
you stupid leftist commies realize this fine is paid by stockholders right? ie retierees 401k's. you realize google is one of the reasons our stock market is booming and crushing other markets right now.
>>
>>131519498
But how can it be replaced even it fucks up if it manipulates people's opinions and discourages them from changing platform?
>>
The successes of the corporate world in rigging politics and culture over the past several decades have been so complete that you're asking if monopolies should be illegal
>>
Higher corporate and income taxes would go a long way.

Concentrated wealth or power always goes wrong.

Google censors the truth about homosexuals being pedophiles for example.
>>
>>131517886

Google definitely should.
They only don't hold a monopoly because of "misc alternative search engines" that barely cut it.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out someone or entities hidden deeply within google to be propping up sites like yahoo or duckduckgo or whatever just to maintain their dominance over them but still have an environment where they are the sole proprietors of searches and advertising.
It might also come off as some sort of virtue signaling where they say look at how we try to help when we know its to keep the power they have from getting dismantled through law.
>>
>>131518364
What if you break Google into 10 parts and make them compete among each other? Wouldn't that encourage even more competition?

Or if you take google's various businesses like adds, social media, email, search engine and divide them even further so you have the equivalent to a hundred different companies, offering a different services and the consumer has more freedom to pick?
>>
File: google_search.jpg (701KB, 1917x983px)
google_search.jpg
701KB, 1917x983px
>>131517886
pic related
>white man white woman
>>
Jewgle and Amazon deserve to be broken up
If you unironically support monopolies you deserve a bullet to the head
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.