[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>U.S spending more than half its federal budget on medicare

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0657.png (146KB, 1003x915px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.png
146KB, 1003x915px
>U.S spending more than half its federal budget on medicare and entitlements
>Will only become more expensive as more Boomers retire

This shit cannot be sustained
Either the US will forever run at a large deficit or we cut every other program aside from the military and defense all together
>>
There is a way to cut programs without directly doing so, all you gotta do is make welfare and medicare to hard to obtain that only 0.1% of the population is using it. once that's done and since no one is using it, you might as well get rid of it all together.
>>
>>131508903
Enacting such a policy would be temporary suicide for a political party.
>>
>>131507701
Hates the government helping people within it, to what extent is arguable i agree.
Doesnt care that the government spends more money on military than rest of the world combined.
Sound logic
>>
>>131508903
But over 40 million people rely on foodstamps
They'll just cause a massive shitfit and vote that party out of office

Dems don't care about spending than what they have
>>
>>131509159
The military budget is that big because America needs to maintain its dominance over the world.

If they were to cut it than it would leave a massive power vacuum that would be filled by either China or Russia
Also we need to force everyone to use the petrodollar which completely props up our whole economy
>>
>>131509619
Russia literally spends 10 times less on military.
Did you miss the "rest of the world combined" part?
China is a bit more dangerous at a little bit more than 1/6th of what america spends.

>Props up our whole economy
Thats the thing about america, you build nothing but military and take everything by force.
>>
>>131509619
China is invading India right now, what are you doing?
>>
>>131510086
>Thats the thing about america, you build nothing but military and take everything by force.

I don't like the military industrial complex, it was a mistake but were stuck with it because FDR invested so much money in military corporations during WW2 to get us out of the Depression

America for the sake of its economy has to constantly intervene in countries who are disloyal to it. The Iraq War was about removing Saddam because he wanted to trade oil in Euros. Same goes for Ghaddafi who wanted to trade oil in gold backed currency which would've threatened the petrodollar

Eventually like every other empire it will become too big to manage and fall apart so until then we're stuck
>>
>>131510554
Cant wait for it to fall apart, the damage it is doing as a leech is ridiculous.
I have nothing against americans personally but it is the government i am not fond of. You do make some interesting points as to why its necessary.
But its also necessary for a parasite to damage its own host, it doesnt justify it but at least you can understand the parasite.
>>
>>131507701
We've been fucked for 20 years and nobody in congress has the balls to save this shit hole country so they are flooding it with hordes of brown third worlders in the hopes that they destroy the country before the social security and Medicare programs go bankrupt and people realize that those programs were always just Ponzi schemes.
This is why you better have kids and raise them well. The State doesn't give a fuck about you and it never has. Old people vote in numbers so those policies are impossible for democratically elected representatives to touch.
The Eternal Boomer is planning on crashing this country with no survivors. We will not have a social safety net. After the civilization collapses you'll be offered up as food for the Somali tribe that took over the neighborhood down the street unless your kids are willing to work and take care of you.
>>
>>131507701
or you go into a crazy inflation
>>
>>131509159
We benefit by having a strong military.

We lose by having a strong social safety net. It removes incentives for Americans to have kids and invest in the next generation since they don't need family to take care of them when they are old. The baby boomers, who were the first generation to grow up with these entitlement programs, destroyed American family life. Most booomers I've met are divorced, hate their kids(if they had any), and can't wait to blow all their money before they die so they can leave the next generation with nothing.
>>
>>131509619
>The military budget is that big because America needs to maintain its dominance over the world.
>needs

You'll waste your last dime and get nothing for it. Russia completely demolished you in Iraq and Syria, despite only spending a fraction, and it's only getting worse for you. You will have a very rough awakening one day.

The world hates Amerika.
>>
>>131507701
We could turn off medicare for a few months and cull the elderly and disabled. Save some cash that way.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.