[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book club

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

What is your opinion on this book, /pol/? The (((author))) basically believes that the population decline in Europe is because of a loss in faith, and this is why out of all developed countries USA and Israel are suffering the least. As a white pill he also believes that parts of the Islamic world, e.g. Iran and Turkey, will fair far worse than Europe since they have a great population decline but way less competence and resources to be able to deal with it.
So, is he right or is this just the mad ramblings of a delusional kike?
>>
>>131502696
He's attacking a symptom. Him and his hook nose friends are the cause.
>>
>>131502696
loss of faith is clearly a contributor sure

it doesnt answer completely why civilizations die though
>>
>>131502696
Islam weakens when the civilization it leeches innovations from dies, this wouldn't be the first fucking time it happened. All it's golden ages are the results of conquest, nothing more. They do not innovate, just take other's knowledge while not contributing whatsoever to the existing knowledge and stagnate.

At the very least the more intelligent groups took innovations from previous civilizations but built upon them and improved them.
>>
>>131502869
Civilizations die and are reborn because it is a 4 stage process in 2 phases.

There is the Invocation period and restoration period

1. Hard Times Creates Strong Men
2. Strong Men Creates Soft Times
3. Soft Times Creates Weak Men
4. Weak Men Creates Hard Times

Restoration are the 1st 2 phases while invocation is the last 2.
>>
>>131503986
I would agree. My idea about this is basically that civilizations arose out of "natural law" and technology allows us to stray from this which allows for degenerate behaviour (in a mathematical sense) which eventually leads to decline. For example, adoption is clearly degenerate in this sense since any life form that spends resources rearing someone else's offspring instead of their own is at a total evolutionary disadvantage, especially when this offspring is of another race,

If we are to build a lasting civilization we need to take precautions that would either prevent such degenerate behaviour or else mitigate the effects.
>>
File: 1498404628051.jpg (35KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1498404628051.jpg
35KB, 612x612px
>>131503986
nice meme

I wojder why people write books on the subjects if its all so easy.

theres more to that than abundance. Balkans have the same demographic problem and living in Macedonia isnt easy.

Its mostly about female literacy and a communal belief that values procreation for some transcendent purpose. Not much about the men in particular.
>>
>>131505463
Hence the soft times=weak people, in softer times, we become weaker more than just physically but character wise as well, when a society becomes more liberal, people wind up being unable to protect their own countries due to them being tied to their own standards from decades of peace.

The reason they write these books is because they are trying to find something to shift the blame onto. They don't realize it was caused by their own hands alone, not by any outside interference.
>>
>>131505463
Did you read my comment? It's not about abundance, it's about straying from the naturally selected way of organizing human behaviour.
>>
Turkey doesnt have a population decline, sven.
>>
File: 4L_1E9SENIN.jpg (19KB, 232x346px) Image search: [Google]
4L_1E9SENIN.jpg
19KB, 232x346px
Read this first.
>>
>>131506529
Thanks for your input. Could you provide some references? I need to know if the author is bullshitting or not.
>>
>>131502696
Should be titled
"How We Kill Civilizations"
>>
>>131506529
The population isn't declining yet but the birthrates have been dropping steeply in the last 2 decades.
They will very soon enter a phase of sub replacement fertility and that's exactly why Erdogan constantly stresses that women should have more children and that Islam must be promoted.
>>
>Based around ideas of Pitirim Sorokin

>Civilization(s) viewed through prism of 3 phases (hypothesis derived by examination of art and various forms of entertainment).

>First phase: "Ideational." Society is dominated by belief in unseen forces (or "faith", if you like).

>Second phase: "Idealist." Attitudes towards unseen forces are 'relaxed' and are more in line with and supportive of man and his pursuits. Material world valued for its own sake while the authority of the 'unseen' forces still holds sway with regards to morals and ethics.

>Third phase: "Sensate." Only the material world matters and life revolves solely on the here and now. Marked by a hedonistic and individualistic society in which the pursuit of the individual is valued above all else. (<<<You are here)
>>
>>131508085
Yes I believe that was Goldman's position. I guess I should have expressed it differently: "Turkey and Iran will experience great population declines."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.