[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three CNN employees resign over retracted story on Russia ties

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: asf.jpg (27KB, 1091x122px) Image search: [Google]
asf.jpg
27KB, 1091x122px
https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2017-06-26/the-latest-3-cnn-journalists-resign-over-retracted-story

>CNN says it has accepted the resignations of three employees involved in a retracted story about a supposed investigation into a pre-inaugural meeting between an associate of President Donald Trump and the head of a Russian investment fund.

>CNN said the story didn't meet its editorial standards. A network executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to discuss personnel issues, said Monday that story author Thomas Frank resigned. Also losing their jobs are Eric Lichtblau, an assistant managing editor at the organization's Washington bureau, and Lex Harris, head of the investigations unit.
>>
>CNN
>editorial standards
>>
>>131459926
I like this development. I was visiting my parents over the weekend and they were still going
>MUH RUSSIA
hard
>>
>>131459926
did they provide the names of the three people? I wanna look up what kind of propaganda pieces they will no longer be able to pass off as "journalism"
>>
File: The merchant kingdra.png (79KB, 564x750px) Image search: [Google]
The merchant kingdra.png
79KB, 564x750px
>>131459926
>(((Eric Lichtblau)))
Lichtblau was born to a Jewish family[1] in Syracuse, New York, and graduated from Cornell University in 1987 with majors in government and English. After college, Lichtblau did stints on the Los Angeles Times investigative team in Los Angeles and covered various law enforcement beats. He worked at the Times for 15 years, covering the Justice Department in their Washington bureau between 1999 and 2000. He joined The New York Times in September 2002 as a correspondent covering the Justice Department. Lichtblau was an editor for CNN until June 2017, when he resigned following the retraction of a report regarding alleged contact between the presidential transition of Donald Trump and a Russian state-owned bank.[2]

Lichtblau, who is Jewish, lives with his wife in the Washington D.C. area with their four children.[3][1]
>>
And attacks on General Flynn were political payback. Shitty CNN. Shitty FBI. All the same.

http://circa.com/politics/accountability/did-the-fbi-retaliate-against-michael-flynn-by-launching-russia-probe
>>
>>131461018
https://archive.is/ZENbi
>>
Hey what other pieces were these "journalististas" responsible for.

Will CNN retract them as well?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.