[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CANADA YES!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1468856359214.jpg (155KB, 1090x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1468856359214.jpg
155KB, 1090x1087px
TRUDEAU GOVERNMENT AT IT AGAIN

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/christie-blatchford-what-if-they-modernize-the-sexual-assault-laws-and-nobody-cares/wcm/9cc0689b-7130-4530-9a4c-aece197ef5c4

>First, it will require the defence to make disclosure to the Crown of at least some of its case — any electronic communications “of a sexual nature” or “for a sexual purpose,” such as texts and emails with the accused or anyone else.

>This is a huge change, given that in this country, defence lawyers have no burden to disclose the evidence they may call or the strategies they’re planning.

>It’s just the opposite: The burden is upon the state, that is the Crown prosecutor, to disclose all relevant evidence in the case. There is, or was, no comparable burden upon the defence.

>And this is only for sexual assault.

>As Toronto defence lawyer Joseph Neuberger told Postmedia in a telephone interview Monday, the effect of the bill will be “to curb or vet cross-examination. That’s essentially what they’re (the government) is saying.”

>Neuberger said the bill “is a catastrophic attack on our ability to make full answer and defence. It’s unprecedented, and it’s only in relation to the gender of the complainant and the nature of the offence.”

tldr: Trudeau wants to make it so someone accused of sexual assault and ONLY sexual assault basically have to disclose any contact with the accuser in relation to the case. This is ridiculous because it has always been on the prosecution to prove any such relation or to find any correspondence that took place, essentially throwing out the notion of innocent until PROVEN guilty. This also appears to be influenced from the Jian Ghomeshi trial where all his accusers were lying harlots.
>>
File: 1494047468310.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1494047468310.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
>>131452341
>But anon, why is this happening? Is this indicative of a larger more nefarious plot

I'm glad you asked! From the fucking Justice Minister herself (thank 2015 for this appointment)

>“This proposed legislation is another milestone in our ongoing efforts to make our criminal laws fairer, clearer, more relevant, accessible and compassionate(!!!). I am hopeful that the proposed changes to the sexual assault provisions will go a long way towards ensuring that complainants are treated with the compassion, dignity and respect they deserve. Measures proposed in this legislation would also provide Canadians with greater assurances that their Charter rights are being respected and would promote greater understanding of how Government legislation may engage our Charter rights and freedoms.”
The Honourable Jody Wilson-Raybould, P.C., Q.C., M.P.
Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada

Another fun excerpt from the same government page of that quote

>The Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada Jody Wilson-Raybould introduced legislation today that lives up to those fundamental commitments as part of a long-term plan to modernize(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) our criminal justice system.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-justice/news/2017/06/government_of_canadatakesfurtherstepstomodernizethecriminalcodes.html

We all know what Modernize means to these people. Leafland is on pace to outcuck Sweden at this rate. Please end my shit country.
>>
>>131452341
>>131452519
Get me outta here
>>
File: 1497760119610.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1497760119610.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>131452519
>On May 11, 2016 the Crown withdrew the last remaining charge after Ghomeshi signed a peace bond and apologized to his accuser.

What
>>
>>131452341
>have to disclose any contact with the accuser in relation to the case
Shit this just makes sense. If I'm sexting with a bitch, I'm saving all that chat log so she can't later say I sexually assaulted her.

Its 2017, you should be recording everything at all times anyways just in case anyhow
>>
>>131454140
except they will find even the slightest indication of animosity and use that as 'proof' you assaulted them
>>
>>131454140
Generally people don't text "I'm gonna rape you," they just use the texts to point towards other bs.
>>
File: praise_allah.jpg (138KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
praise_allah.jpg
138KB, 1200x675px
>>131454448
Good thing I only recognize Sharia Law ;)
>>
>>131454140
Legal precedent is a bitch my dude

>dont worry, its only message correspondence

can snowball into a lot worse with the wrong people in charge. The whole point of prosecution is to prove guilt. The accused should have no legal obligation to provide anything to hurt or help their own case, yet they would be compelled to here. Rrad the whole article, there's mention of getting an accuser's own perso al lawyer involved with criminal proceedings. Its fucking batty
>>
>>131453431
>implying there is anywhere to go
>>
>>131454813
space
>>
File: soros.jpg (34KB, 584x558px) Image search: [Google]
soros.jpg
34KB, 584x558px
>>131454671
>there's mention of getting an accuser's own perso al lawyer involved with criminal proceedings
Yea I am tring to keep the blood pressure low tonight, but yea that's fucky, I was playing devils advocate, I know this will be used to further to kangaroo courts and "human rights tribunals" they've got

Canada is so fucked atm
>>
>>131454955
we have lots of space.

jk. we're full
>>
>>131455047
we don't need anyone playing devil's advocate for the side of the establishment. this affects you, it affects me, and you choose to tone down your complaint for the sake of argument.
>>
File: 1491083429573.jpg (6KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
1491083429573.jpg
6KB, 206x210px
>Tfw officially guilty until proven innocent
>>
wtf...plz stop
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.