[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debate this.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1489765046874.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1489765046874.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
Young healthy people should pay more for healthcare than they need immediately so that sick people can get a lower cost for their urgent needs.

the healthy people do this in the understanding that a healthy society is good for everyone and that they themselves will one day be old and sick.

How is this idea, in its essence, unacceptable ?
>>
>>131431751
This would be acceptable if it weren't for all the fat, disgusting slobs who are causing (universal) healthcare to cost so much in the first place. Just make junk food, soda, and other unhealthy food illegal or taxed extremely heavily, like cigarettes.
>>
>>131431751
It directly flies in the face of evolution. You're culling the healthy and strong to save the sick and enfeebled.
>>
healthy people can just not get healthcare, thats the major flaw.
>>
>>131431751
>a healthy society is good for everyone
It's pretty blatantly not good for them.

Dumbass.
>>
>>131432092
I eat junk food regularly and I'm fairly healthy, why tax me? I work out 6 days a week.
>>
File: anti-capitalist-in-switzerland.jpg (139KB, 460x458px) Image search: [Google]
anti-capitalist-in-switzerland.jpg
139KB, 460x458px
>>131431751
Pretty stupid argument. Healthy people will only be made unhealthy because healthcare cost will be high. This will in turn make healthy people use less healthcare. Less doctor appointments. Unhealthy people will stay unhealthy and use all of the resources. Unhealthy people stay unhealthy. If you are overweight you should pay more in healthcare to encourage that they become healthy. Genetic disorders are the exception but they are also rare. The number one killer is heart disease because people are fat in America. I don't expect you to understand because you are a butt pirate but I digress.
>>
>>131432565
don't be narrow-minded, think macroeconomically

>>131432521
take it from taxes (this would require reallocating, for example, military spending or raising taxes on the rich

>>131432358
you're assuming that rich people are always the best. i wonder has a life of luxury rotted their psyche in any way though?, maybe paris hilton is a good dj though so cool.

>>131432092
i agree in principle, like the taxes on cigarettes but there is grounds to call that a nanny state.
>>
>>131433556
Unhealthy people should pay more in healthcare to encourage them to become healthy. Genetic disorders should be an exception. Most people who clog up the healthcare system are fat or unathletic. Healthy people should pay less because they don't use as much healthcare. The only way to create a healthy society is to encourage people to take care of their own health with a nutritious diet and exercise.
>>
>>131431751
Fuck your pussy feelings of over attachment.

Civilization was better off when we let the old die with dignity
>>
cause i don't want to pay for the improved health of niggers or muslims
>>
File: bill1.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
bill1.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>131431751
It's unacceptable in the US because our public health trouble isn't caused by a "broken" system, but by the poor choices people make. Diabetes, heart disease, etc...are so often the result of obesity which is a choice. These "societal" measures OP writes about do indeed make since in nations or localities where the population is relatively healthy, thought not currently in the US. The poor choices people make are responsible for the enormous cost of healthcare in the US.
>>
>>131431751
>tax penalty for the healthy

Sounds like a winning plan dumbass

Sage
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>131431751
PAY
>>
>>131434995
when was that exactly, which great society?

>>131434724
people age and get sick for no known reason, are poisoned by environment etc etc, stop over-simplifying

>>131436309
not all sick people make poor decision, we all age and break down

>>131436544
we have the worst health care in the west and the most money (in the fewest hand)... this is not a "winning plan"
>>
>>131438649
I made a point that it does but it is rare. Your reading comprehension is poor as is your reasoning. Those people should not be made to pay more. If you are a fat lazy drunk then you should be forced to pay more so you are encouraged to improve your own health
>>
>>131433263
Your habits should be taxed out of existence fatty.
>>
as if young people even have money to begin with because no one gives us jobs on the basis that "millennials are lazy"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.