[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global Warming Solutions Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: preindustrial.tempanomaly.png (29KB, 459x310px) Image search: [Google]
preindustrial.tempanomaly.png
29KB, 459x310px
ITT we discuss possible solutions to curb carbon emissions and avoid escalating, nonlinear climate change

Whether governments continue to be so foolhardy as to allow or encourage development of all fossil fuels may determine the fate of humanity.
>>
>y-axis
>Temperature anomaly
Really makes me think, also how are those polar bears, still in decline?
>>
Maybe the geoengineering stuff has to stop and the global warming stops instantly
>>
>>131387213
emission of CO2 and aerosols are a geoengineering of a king, but if both of those would drop to zero, the warming would actually accelerate and go on for several decades before leveling off
>>
>>131386381
maybe we should end capitalism and become anarcho-primitivists
>>
>>131387808
>the world's supposed to end in a decade if something isn't done soon
>action won't see results for decades
hmm
>>
>>131388240
who says the world will end in a decade?
>>
>Nuclear excavation
>setting off volcanoes
>covering large swaths of the ocean with black plastic

All you faggots want is a tax
>>
>>131387808
kind*
>>
>>131386381
make machines that spew mass amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere so more plants grow and cool the planet and provide habitat for more animals and make more food and trees to chop down for firewood and building houses
>>
>>131386381
What a load of bullshit.
>>
>>131388359
Al Gore, actually it was a decade ago that he said that.
>>
File: TIA.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TIA.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
A curve starting in 1880 is useless, the changes happen on longer timescales.
>>
>>131388640
Literally the most retarded thing I've read.
>>
>>131388640
more CO2 in the air would have a net warming effect, so that would exacerbate the problem

>>131388368
Volcanoes would cool the planet several tenths of a degree, but there are several deleterious effects: it would allow ocean acidification to go on unaltered, maybe even speed it up a bit because of the CO2 solubility in regard to ocean temperature.
Also more particulates and aerosols in the Troposphere increase the probability of extreme precipitation events (because these particulates act as water vapor condensation points)

>>131388897
no, the time scale is correct. Climate is a multi-decadal process by definition. You were right if that graph only covered one or two decades.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.