[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shameful Christian Craven Cowardice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: presup carrot and stick 2.jpg (81KB, 720x545px) Image search: [Google]
presup carrot and stick 2.jpg
81KB, 720x545px
You ever notice that if you ever listen to a Christian for more than five minutes, they will inevitably mention either the promise of heaven or the avoidance of hell? Ever listen to Christian radio? Ever listen to sermons? One or both of these points seems to be mandatory in any Christian argument or discussion. And even if they don't say it explicitly, the implication always leads back to either "this will secure my place in Heaven" or "this will help me avoid Hell."

I have never ever in my life heard or met a Christian that did not eventually circle back to the notion that getting to Heaven and avoiding Hell is really the most important aspect of the whole thing.

I've had Christians admit to me that if they knew that worshiping God would definitely send them to Hell, they wouldn't do it. Point proven. So my take-away is that all (or virtually all) Christians are fundamentally unable to break out of this paradigm. They can't imagine a scenario where they won't be rewarded. They can't imagine the point of doing anything spiritually or religiously if there is nothing in it for them.

Conclusion is that the carrot and stick of Heaven and Hell is the undeniable poison that taints every Christian decision. Every one of their actions is tainted and impure due to this; they are all simply selfishly trying to save their own skin and gain access to paradise. The promise to get to heaven and the promise to avoid eternal torture is a thing that poisons every thought and every decision in the Christian mind.

This btw is similar to any number of religions you can think of. Very few religions say that doing good is its own reward, and that there is no reward promised or even necessary. Check my math...discuss.
>>
>>131367088
"Humans are shit" the thread

Also my merchant instincts say that you have spoken to as many Christians as I have spoken with Muslims,

And that's not alot
>>
File: 1418781121208.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1418781121208.jpg
42KB, 480x640px
>>131367088
>>
>>131369878

Fuck off, kike.
>>
If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then, brother, that person is a piece of shit - and I'd like to get as many of them out in the open as possible.
>>
>>131367088
> Very few religions say that doing good is its own reward, and that there is no reward promised or even necessary

Buddhism. You may be reincarnated into something better, or you may wind up as a bug. Doesn't really matter. To live is to suffer
>>
>>131370437
You can already see around you that there is not true value to this world and that almost all people are shit.
Why would you be decent in such a situation if it were all truly meaningless?
Civilization exists thanks to belief in God and heaven and a fear of hell.
You owe everything you have to believers.
I doubt you do anything that doesn't somehow benefit you. It's just that your motivations are more material, as in you expect your rewards in this life.
It's clear by the actions of the elites of the world that people aren't just going to naturally be good without any compelling morals.
>>
>>131371879
>You owe everything you have to believers.
>It's clear by the actions of the elites
Since when believers (aka non elite majority) are in charge?
>>
>>131371952
Elites aren't the people who innovated and created technology. They're just the faggots who hire them.
>>
>>131372103
So in the end it's an uneven symbiosis.
Any independent innovation could be shut down with enough power.
It's only lately that we have innovations independent from elites, thanks to the internet.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.