[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else here /jobhunt/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 31

File: tired and cynical.jpg (30KB, 372x328px) Image search: [Google]
tired and cynical.jpg
30KB, 372x328px
How's it going boys? 8 months unemployed here now and getting a bit frustrated.

>go to a graduate scheme assessment centre (final round) for a well-known FTSE 100 company
>Outperformed almost everyone on the tasks they gave us.
>Thought for sure this Indian girl and I would be one of the ones to go through
>kek.jpg
>Out of the boys, the white, tall, handsome 'lads', with the short back and sides haircuts get picked
>Out of the girls, the white, pretty, blonde ones with the posh accents get picked.

It seems companies, even huge multinationals, already have an image of what they want their staff to look like - even if they performed below par in their tests.

Companies love to talk about how diverse they are but it's really all just lip service. 95% of the time they pick Jack with the posh accent and laddish demeanour, or Tabitha with a 2.1 in English from Exeter. There's really no space for us minorities or indeed fatties, uggos, non-posh people or nerds.
>>
>Went to a group assessment

>Failed to demonstrate leadership ability and ability to communicate effectively

>Surprised when high energy people who are likely to earn promotions and have long-term career potential get selected over them.

Listen dude, maybe your dad didn't explain this, but the way you pick out members for your team isn't by how good they are today- the game isn't tomorrow, it's in a few months. You can train them up as long as they have the clay to be formed.

You don't have the clay to be formed, you're inferior and bitter. Being inferior is okay, the world needs mediocrity. The world doesn't need bitterness and this attitude is the reason you're still unemployed.
>>
>>131364462
>Minorities like us
Better luck next time Abdullah
>>
>>131364691
>leadership ability

That's literally one of the things they warn against, you have to be cooperative rather than showing up like some big swinging dick. You don't really wanna be ordering people around, it's almost as bad as being the 'scribe' on the board or those people who end up being 'timekeeper' with no further input.
>>
>>131364462
Just sent my application to Goldman Sachs. Feels good. I know many people that work there. I should land this new higher paying job very easily.
>>
>>131364462
>>Outperformed almost everyone on the tasks they gave us.

No, you just think/assume you did. They weren't testing you in the manner you thought.
>>
>>131364900
I was gonna send an application there but I missed the deadline.
>>
>>131364995
Low energy. Excuses. Can't meet deadlines. That is why I have a nice career and you do not.
>>
>>131364462
I just shifted laterally to a new company for a 50% pay increase.

Learn a trade. Or are you just a worthless "hard worker"?
>>
>>131365140
The old hardworker meme makes me kek everytime I hear a proscpective new hire use that term in an interview or whenever I see it on a CV or resume. Same thing when people claim to be expert level in excel and/or detail oriented.
>>
File: 1448481493900.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1448481493900.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>university helps you find jobs
>just got an email today from them that a lyft position is open
>other jobs require 8-10 work experience
>>
>>131365084
I wasn't too invested in an application there truth be told. I'm not sure if I want to work for a company that screwed an already struggling country (Libya) out of $1.2 billion.
>>
>>131364818
There were like 2 other minorities there and none of us got through. Discrimination is alive and well and it really sucks when you're on the other end of it.
>>
>>131365304
>muh morals
Beggars can't be choosers. Stop being a whiney faggot for two seconds, drop a sack, and get a job.
>>
>>131365448
So you wanted to be picked bc of your color? Do you have any idea how disgusting and ignorant that is?

Maybe the interviewer picked up on the chip on your shoulder and decided you'd be poison to the office, and opted to hire some who was less of a douchebag,
>>
>>131364462
I can't get any job because I'm too ugly. No I don't have self-esteem issues I am literally too ugly to the point random people walk up to me on the street and wince at my appearance or call me ugly to my face. I just shrug most of the time.

What's interesting is that now even the stocking positions that I could only find work in before, they're all being taken by pretty girls. Which is weird, you'd expect the pretty girls to be at the front, dealing with customers. Now they are putting merchandise on shelves.

I think I am going to try applying as an overnight janitor at this office near my home. Hopefully I get a call.
>>
>>131365722
Cmon man, it's no coincidence that every 98% of men and women that work at these companies look and act exactly the same.

As I said, tall, white, good looking, posh accent, the same haircuts. It's not just about skin colour, race, but also whether you're fat, ugly, nerdy looking, posh.

In fact, I'd wager the greatest divide is between classes so those who went to public and state schools.
>>
>>131364462
>It's almost like companies pick the most suitable candidate in which their value contributed to the company outweighs their salary

In that case, those white people were just more hardworking than you and probably had a better first impression. Companies have no obligation to hire you just because you're a minority
>>
>>131364462
an efficient worker is still crap if the team he's in is incompatible
>>
I find /pol/ extremely find every time when it comes to such threads.

Homies use every opportunity to insult their fellow and make up some cool stories how they land the coolest jobs/girl. Whereas in reality they masturbate (sometimes using an ugly chink gf) and hate their jobs.

So funny.
>>
>>131366686
> find extremely funny
>>
>>131364462
HR is usually staffed by people that the company wants to fire, but can't for some reason.

And so, they only hire for superficial qualities, like social skill, physical attractiveness, or intersectionality.

Thus, the companies that employ these people for hiring, quickly find their bottom lines effected when their productivity suffers, due to their practice of hiring for stupid reasons, not related to the task that needs to be done.
>>
job market is shit. 100 applicants for every job opening. shit is ridiculous
>>
>>131366686
This. It's all one big LARP. I should have left this place the moment I found it.
>>
Graduating this December. If I don't find a job roughly 6 months after that I'm joining the (((military))).
>>
>>131366085
pics or it never happened
>>
>>131364462
>>131364893
Now THIS is gaslighting!
Are you fucking serious? You're bitching about not being able to show up on day one like a big swinging dick. Unless the people are friends or fucking, everyone at a job has to play the role of a Fucking New Guy. You keep your head down and get shit done and then after you've been there for 6 mos you can start loosening up a bit at your own discretion. The only people who get ahead in ways other than that, are either friends of or fucking the management. 9 times out of ten, shit-tier people.
>>
>tfw jobless for about 6mo and credit score slowly crept up from 775 to 793 lol.
>>
Graduated with a 4.0 GPA in the (((computer science))) meme.

Still haven't applied for a job because I'm scared of leaving mommy. I bet the feminists are to blame for this.
>>
>tfw study maths at shit-tier uni
>tfw no future prospects

At least I'll be getting £8k in student loans (read: welfare) next year
>>
I started my job search on new years, so it's coming up on my 6th full month with no luck in the job hunt. I could easily get a "job", but I need a *career* in order to be able to support a family.

>>131366856
This is my experience, too.
>>
>>131364462
>Hey everyone it's time for another Hur dur I have no job but am at the same time too good for certain other jobs.
If you're jobless then any job is a good job you fucking UKuck. Making money > not making money
>>
6 months unemployed after graduating with two degrees. But it's ok, because at least I have time to write now and I've started going back to the gym
>>
>Jobs
>Trump's America
kek
No one will have a job ever again.
>>
>>131367180
>>131367285

Those are pretty good degrees, though. I majored in philosophy, so at least you weren't complete fucking retards like me.
>>
>>131364462
Just got my first job in a long time and it feels pretty good mates.

>Company downsizes
>Lose job
>7 months, exhausted resources in my area.
>Go back to school to switch industries
>Get another degree
>Get hired out the gate, now making 4x as much as last job

Feels fuckin great guys.
>>
>>131366856
>Hur dur I hate competition
>Comes to pol
>Cucks hate competition because they'reused to living easy kek
>>
>>131364462
they alreadtyreached their nigger quota so why would they hire more? the browner the skin the more problems in hiring and god forbid you have to fire a shitskin and they sue you

fuck off, paki cunt
>>
>>131367453
Maths is just as bad as philosophy without networking- at least a placement year
>>
>>131366856
It's not hard to get your foot into the door, even for the big companies.

Here in the UK all you have to do is get at least a 2.1, pick up a scholarship and a prize or two, pay a sport (any sport), at least 2 weeks relevant work experience and you're set. You'll get an interview with Goldman with that sort of CV (provided you have 90% 2.1's in your modules too).
>>
>>131367440
>Time to write
Next big Harry Potter?
>Gym
The good part of your post
>>
>>131364462
>8 months unemployed

How the fuck do you live nigger?
>>
>>131367180
>Thinks computer science is a meme
If you're actually any good that's 6 figures starting almost anywhere.
>>
>>131364893
leadership is not ordering people around. ot is about providing an example. no wonder your mudshit ass didn't get picked
>>
>>131367567
Bill Gates' Aspiring Rappers Foundation funds his entrepreneurial interest in African Literature.
>>
File: 1345135065194.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1345135065194.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>>131365287
>Been told that my work ethic is one of my best features
>have it on my resume
>apparently that's worthless
>mfw
>>
>>131367362
I'm sorry but my CV is far too good to be stacking shelves, serving burgers or flogging second hand cars. It's not that I wouldn't mind doing it, it's that I'd be too overqualified and none of those places would hire me.
>>
File: e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg (211KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg
211KB, 600x530px
That feel when joined Army at 17 and now I'm a fully qualified network engineer in the civilian world at 25.

Feels fucking weird man, sometimes i just want to join and kill taliban again.

Just get an entry level job in an industry you want and work, problems solved lad.
>>
7 months

Nice meme OP
Nigga try 2 years.
>>
>>131367575
I think not. Unless by any good you mean world class, one of the 0.2% that would be accepted by (((Google))) or other such companies.

It's more like 60,000 starting or 70,000 starting if you're well above average.
>>
>>131367703
flag checks out
>>
>>131367716
I'd wager the McKinsey recruitment process is harder to get through than the Google one, or indeed any MBB company.
>>
>>131367662
just out of interest what's your major
if it's anything to do with biochem (I doubt it) you have no right to complain
>>
>>131367654
Put forth what you can prove to the employer immediately
>>131367662
I work private security for police and hospital sites it's not wonderful but I was hired a year ago and I'm due for promotion now because I worked hard.
Your leadership meme would be better if you had leadership exp. McDonald's managers have an easy time finding new jobs because it's proof they're not some shitter
>>
>>131364462
Currently applying for 120k jobs. Have a measly bachelor's in business. Aus is so cucked that I don't give a fuck anymore. Just gonna apply to anything now. Fuck Turnbull and Fuck Sydney.
>>
>>131366116
>the only thing i have going for me is my shit skin i deserve this job because liberals and cucks told me so
not today nigger

>>131367662
>being this entitled
my guess is you are applying to jobs you are not qualified for
fuck off, nigger
>>
>>131367703
>Kekistani r/eTarD
No surprise here
>>
File: kekistani pride.jpg (767KB, 1194x1194px) Image search: [Google]
kekistani pride.jpg
767KB, 1194x1194px
>>131367703
>kekistan
>no job
Poetry.
>>
>>131367591
Leadership is delegating and building teams. You dont have to be good at everything or really anything.
>>
>>131367862
Seriously? Business was the next shithole degree area I was going to look at
>>
File: yay.jpg (346KB, 1052x789px) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
346KB, 1052x789px
>>131364462
I'm 30 and have had jobs continuously since graduating from university.

But I have honestly never applied for a job or attended a job interview except as a pro forma thing to fulfil HR requirements. I have always simply received job offers and accepted them.

There are all these horror job hunt and job interview stories floating around but I just don't know that feel bros.
>>
>>131368053
You lucky fuck, you
>>
>>131368027
They want Human resource cucks more . cause they really know how to manage people. I fucken hate HR. Everything I hear someone talking about it .... I wanna upper cut them.
>>
>>131367862
>>131368027
I know people with masters in business who are making less than $12 USD an hour now. Useless degree unless your daddy knows important people at the top.
>>
>>131368152
*time
>>
yes companies dont give a fuck abt ethnic diversity, the only diversity they care abt is filling female quotas

they try to keep is as wasp male as possible
>>
>>131368179
Thanks , thinking of painting my face black and walking into an interview pretending I'm abo hahaha
>>
File: 1489620610086.png (360KB, 887x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489620610086.png
360KB, 887x768px
>>131367180
>>
OP what's your major
ANSWER ME
>>
>>131368152
hr is welfare for women
>>
File: 1496257828014.jpg (67KB, 630x748px) Image search: [Google]
1496257828014.jpg
67KB, 630x748px
Just posted this in /adv/ but would appreciate any feedback here.

>26 years old, fiance left me after 4 years.

>Living at home, lost my main job making $18 an hour. Parents are dirt poor, I pay $500 in rent and insurance/car $400 monthly. Now working pizza delivery making $11 and barely getting tips, not sure if I'll have enough money to keep up with my bills.

>No college, about $100 in savings. Can't join Army because of GED. Father has had multiple suicide attempts and I'm having to be the anchor for my mother and sister right now.

>Trying to be hopeful, trying to use a little of my spare time off work to find some passions again like playing guitar. But feel pretty hopeless and suicidal myself, just can't vent to anybody and I don't want to place any more stress on my family than there already is.

Any advice for someone in my position?
>>
>>131368152
HR is a worse scum than lawyers and tech support.
Fuck, mine just put out a new schedule that turned the "end" of my work week into the "middle" of a work week by tacking on 2 more 12 hour shifts to make their new schedule "work". The people who are supposed to take over in the morning now get two more days off.
I'm pretty fucking mad, bro
>Inb4 overtime meme
One should not have to suffer for a few extra Canada coins
>>
>>131365084
>>131364900
>>131365287

how's that jewish dick taste, cuck?
>>
>>131368349
How's the job market in Japan aye ?

Have you cunts hiring Mass HR bitches too?
>>
>>131368349
Yeah but HR runs everything in modern business. Even the CEO doesn't dare go against the SJWS in HR. If HR grabbed the wheel and steered the boat into an iceberg, no one would stop them.
>>
I was neet for 7 years, went and looked for work and got hired at the first place I applied at. Lmao...
>>
File: zC6kD5R6-1280.jpg (93KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
zC6kD5R6-1280.jpg
93KB, 1280x722px
>>131364462
>us minorities

Whinging wog detected
>>
>>131368451
I am a burger on vacation. I got a job directly out of college in a medical biomanufacturing facility because of my masters work in biomed engineering. It helps to have a specialized skillset in a difficult field
>>
>>131367793
The 0.2% figure is an actual statistic, the most positive estimate I've seen is still less than 1%.

But the average CS graduate is definitely not going to be earning 100k starting. Even a good one isn't, a perfect one might.
>>
>>131367839
As I said, I really would not mind working those sorts of jobs. Heck, being a McDonald's manager would be great for a year or so just to see what it's like, but that's the issue. They don't want someone for just a year, especially in a management position, they want lifers. People who don't have too many options elsewhere and certainly not someone with scholarships, a high 2.1 and numerous prizes.
>>
>>131368554
True well if you can create something that eradicatea the HR idiots in Ausland. I will thank ya.
>>
>>131368368
Apply to security, it's what I do. You can get a license quickly and most security companies are actually understaffed. I ignore about 3-5 calls per day I'm off about taking someone else's shift.
I went from broke to having a comfortable cloud of cash to build upon.
>Inb4 mall cop
It's only that if you join mall security directly or if you join some cuck company
Loss prevention is far better than mall cuck
>>
first day on the job today, starting at 9am

ecommerce sales

i gotta pee
>>
>>131368641
you sound like a fucking retard so I'm sure that's the problem, you never tell people that you aren't interested in the job, you butter them up and tell them how good you are at the job you are applying for.

>pfffft ma'am you don't even have to train me, I'm good to go
>baaah this job is easy pz I'll love it.
>I can work as much as you like but I prefer this day and that day.

Dumb retarded cunt.
>>
>>131368718
Every security job is controlled by immigrants. Dirty Indians own a lot of this shit in Sydney. digusting.
>>
>>131367862
First off, buy Victor Cheng's 'Case Interview Secrets', buy his supplementary material, work on that for 3 months and then apply to any consultancy right from the top then down to the bottom. Make sure you inderstand the ins and outs of case interviews.

Secondly, work for charities. Companies love that.

Thirdly, enter any and every competition you can relating to your degree. Just make sure you have something like '2nd runner up in blah blah blah essay competition' or something on your CV before you apply to these management consultancies - you only get 1 shot per year.
>>
>>131368718
You make barely more than a gas station attendant and they don't have to deal with crackheads. You are nuts.
>>
>>131368648
if i could bioengineer a virus to Kill All Cucks and Feminists i would do it with no ethical dilemma
>>
>>131364462
Join the military.
>>
>>131368348
Law with Business. Kept my options wide open.

I'm now getting first round interviews with law firms all the way to risk/compliance roles in places like Deloitte.

Unfortunately, it's the assessment centres that seem to do me in. You can literally be God incarnated on your CV but if you don't deliver on the day you're stuffed.
>>
>>131368799
>Muh immigrant meme
Better than being poor and in a shitty life space like the anon I was replying to
And isn't Sydney a shithole in the first place?
>>
>>131369028
I used to work security and I took a 1 dollar pay cut to work at a gas station. Free coffee, cheap cigars, and half off on sandwiches. I am way richer than you officer ralph.
>>
>>131368988
if he does this then i would recommend that he join the chair force for 4 years then get out and get paid to get a stem degree for free
>>
>>131368590
Damn. Not to mention all the outsourcing companies do to India and it's a tough market out there for CS grads.
>>
>>131364462
Survival of the fittest senpai. Ain't their fault you look like a guerrilla
>>
>>131369028
Sydney is gonna end up like China and their urban centre's. In the past 3 years new cheaply built apartments have popped up. No one lives in them except immigrants and cucks who claim "Asians are great" . It's beyond fucked in Sydney.
>>
>>131368855
>Gas station attendant
>Don't have to deal with crackheads
Lemme guess, you also believe I have a gun to shoot people and other security meme shit?
The worst thing I've dealt with here is a group of turkey hunters who were just parking near the property. The land they were hunting on wasn't owned by the region and the sites were in no danger. I'm also due for a promotion.
>>
>>131364462
the whole "west caters to minorities" is a meme, minorities that aren't popping out babies and being scum have a tough time because they're normal like the rest
>>
>>131369002
ok serious talk

first congrats on the degree, have a friend in law right now and I heard there's a lot to memorize.

have you thought about getting a postgrad loan and doing a masters?

also, if you don't have maths a level get that. It helps more than you think in almost all jobs, had some guy back in a levels who literally had a degree in chemistry but still needed an a level in maths.

good luck
>>
>>131368830
Would previous military experience count as well ?

I have seen jobs for charity places but I don't believe I charity. It's all for profit companies at the end of the day.
>>
>>131367662
LMAOOOOOOOOOO ARE YOU FUCKING TROLLING OR A RETARD?

I SORT THROUGH RUBBISH AT A RECYCLING FACILITY WITH A GUY WHO HAS A BACHELORS IN AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING
>>
>>131369091
>Literal loser
Don't even know why I'm replying to a hillbilly at this point.
I'm moving up and you're enjoying literal trailer trash meme perks.

Living the TPB dream, Ricky?
>>
>>131369203
I USED TO BE SUPERVISOR FOR A SECURITY COMPANY RETARD. YOU MAKE 1 DOLLAR MORE THAN MINIMUM WAGE AND PROBABLY HAVE SUB 90 IQ.

I KNOW WHAT YOU DO, PLAY GAMEBOY AND SMOKE POT BEHIND THE GARAGE AT YOUR SITE THAT YOU "GUARD".

Hope a muslim stabs your retarded minimum wage ass.
>>
>>131369223
chemistry is not chemistry without advanced maths.
>>
i like this thread better than retarded political opinions also heres an attempt at numerals
>>
can more anon's discuss where they work exactly?

i feel like a retard but even with my meme Bachelors of Science degree i have a hard time imagining where to apply to and what work would be like in a large company/office environment. im 27 but ive only ever had one job that even required a college degree in its qualifications, and that was entirely due to the laws of the country, not the work involved.

every job oppening i look at these days requires either specialized knowledge in a field im completely unqualified for (nursing, computer science, lawyerin') or a minimum-wage low-skill job that doesnt require any sort of higher education anyway.
>>
Been here for years cunt.
But I actually want a job.
>>
>>131369316
British system is fucked. If you get good enough A levels you can still get into a decent university for most STEM subjects without maths, just as long as you get like an A in GCSE (16yo qualifications).

The thing is they like an A level maths qualification for some reason.
>>
>>131369297
>This upset
Is it because you have literally no future? How much do you weigh? Sitting behind a counter serving old people who are too scared of technology to pay at pump.
>Stabbed by a Muslim
Implying you won't get shot by a wild negro
>>
>>131366116
Now you're starting to understand the reality. As a recruiter once told me - It doesn't really matter what you know but whether your 'face fits'. Keep going.
>>
>>131369404
Tbh I am choco in the army reserve . Been doing contract work for a bit while I finished my degree done now with Bachelors in Business. Can't get anything at the moment.
>>
>>131364462
>8 months unemployed

Yeah, no you didn't.
>>
>get D, D, E in A-Levels
>get 2.1 in BA

hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>131369433
>STEM subjects without maths
like what? even shit like ecology requires differential equations to fully model, let alone anything molecular, biomechanical, chemical...
>>
>>131369251
Are you kidding? Companies LOVE ex military. Try and articulate what skills you needed, what the experience taught you and why that translates to being a model employee for their company. Try and say it in non-generic and specific terms as well. 'Communication skills' will not cut it. Instead say 'the ability to follow procedure, for instance etc', 'the ability to engage in active listening, for example etc'. Stuff like that.

>>131369251
>I have seen jobs for charity places but I don't believe I charity. It's all for profit companies at the end of the day.

You don't have to believe in it you just have to volunteer part time a couple of times a week. It's great CV and interview fodder.
>>
>>131369435
>security guard thinking he has a future

In what? Guarding coffee pots and holes in the ground. Security is the WORST minimum wage job a retard could find. You aren't hot shit, that company is lucky to have retarded wannabe cops like you. 13 bucks an hour to get stabbed by a hypodermic needle or guard piles of fucking wood. LMAO.

I make 14 dollars an hour running a till, give me a break retard.
>>
File: 1497870725989.png (135KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1497870725989.png
135KB, 800x850px
> tfw unemployed first year apprentice Electrician
>>
>>131369580
They teach you the essential maths during first year
>>
>>131364462
>tfw white tall (not handsome) lad with short back and sides haircut
>tfw got offered the first job I interviewed for, with FTSE 250 company

To be fair though, it did take nearly 6 months to get that first interview, and I did have to move to London, which I had vowed I wouldn't do.
>>
>>131369576
Late bloomers are a thing and not that uncommon either.
>>
>>131369662
>essential maths during first year
so they teach vector calculus and diff eq in one year?
>>
>>131369586
Mmm $14 for the rest of your life, oh wait wynnes $15 bump that will put us on equal ground. Assuming I stayed as a cuck guard.
Your put down are as weak as your legs that hold up your fat ass.
I have no intention of something as stupid and high stress as supervisor and you deserve all the butthuwties you have for taking such a position. There are smarter paths to take but your hyuck hillbilly brain wouldn't get it
>>
>>131369709
I suppose.
Like I said, the system is fucked.
MOST universities will require an A level in maths for STEM, however.

For humanities subjects it's a huge bonus on your CV apparently
>>
>>131369709
Yeah, the UK secondary school system is light years ahead of the US. You've got high school kids here, some as young as 16, doing maths which would be college level in the US.
>>
>>131369615
>skilled trade jobs are the most in demand
>you can't find a job as an electrician
Be honest, are you on drugs or alcohol? Do you come to work late? How did you fuck up? Because an electrician can find a job in less than half a second if they're not a druggie.
>>
File: 1495357482989.jpg (131KB, 570x458px) Image search: [Google]
1495357482989.jpg
131KB, 570x458px
>>131369584
Right

That's easy then , I will get my training printed off and throw that into the Resume and CV.

I'll see how it goes then and try that out.
got any more advice ? cause I'm gonna take it all in anon.
>>
>>131368718
>>131368855
>>131369203
>>131369297
>>131369435
>>131369586
>>131369819
Mummy, Daddy, why are you fighting?
>>
>>131369819
Who said I would be working at a gas station for the rest of my life. You just sound retarded telling people security made you rich, when it's the same as working at wal-mart except you get a cool flashlight and jacket. You are delusional. At least I accept the fact my job is retarded. There is a reason somalis can work security but aren't allowed to handle cash. Because even a retard can walk around an empty lot playing with his flash light.

I'll think of you next time I'm at work, jerking off my coffee with my cigar, what a fucking sucker you are.
>>
>>131369854
And the US college system is centuries ahead of UK's. A college grad in the US is beyond the top level of UK. The top of America is light years beyond what UK can achieve.
>>
>>131369918
Go fuck a sheep kiddo, it's gonna be a while
>>
>>131369854
This is not true.
GCSEs are way below first world standards, it pretty much stops at what American 13 year olds would learn. It's pathetic.
For that reason and that reason alone A levels cause problems for a lot of people- they're a step up to first world standards
>>
>>131364462
>had sweet restaurant job last summer
>myself and 3 other employees
>got plenty of hours and shit
>now
>manager hired a fuck ton of people
>three more women
>everyone wants in on my comfy job
>get fuck all hours
>Fuck living in a small town
Trying to get a job here is aids
>>
>>131369918
get fucked retarded wannabe australian.
>>
>>131369871
Because here, and in OZ while tradies are in short supply the real issue is finding a good job placement agency that doesn't exist as a scam for foreign workers.

What he should do is make a listing of all the companies in a certain area and then approach them directly through their own website/phonecall etc.

Worked really well for me.
>>
>>131369917
I think that's it man. Good luck. We're all in this together.

Maybe try and see if some companies do an ex-military recruitment stream. Some of them do.
>>
>>131369958
>Security made you rich
Except I didn't said that. If you paid attention you'd notice I said it gave me money I could build off of. Which is what the anon I was replying to more or less wanted
>Playing with a flash light
I
Bad lungs and bad eyesight. You sure are stacking up to be such an enviable person. Good thing for free healthcare except it's being taken up by refugees and shit breathers like you don't deserve a new set of lungs
>>
>>131370013
Maybe I just never really noticed. I wasn't exactly languishing in the bottom sets during my time in school.

>>131370047
That's pretty standard for restaurants and bars in the summer. More punters and more uni students back from uni to serve them.
>>
>>131369982
But that's illegal here.
>>131370064
That is legal here, pending species.
>>
File: 1491886950329m.jpg (170KB, 777x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491886950329m.jpg
170KB, 777x1024px
>>131370111
Chin chin mate

When I get through this slump I will shout you a scotch if you come down ere. Thanks pommy
>>
>>131370183
lmao fucking jelly poor-fag rent-a-pig. Enjoy the winter, I know I will with my FREE COFFEE AND CHEAP CIGARS AND COMPARABLE WAGE.

I literally stand there all day pushing buttons for the same amount of money and take breaks whenever I want. YOU GOT PLAYED BITCH.
>>
>>131369871
apprentice electrician not fully qualified electrician

mots electricians in ausland hire apprentices for one year only out of there 4 year apprenticeship and get them to dig ditches and sort lengths of wire for sub minimum wage, when they get to second year they become to expensive and get swapped out for another first year apprentice

i think there is something like 3:1 first year apprentices to second year apprentices after that its about 2:1 till your fully qualified so you end up with 24 cunts who never finished there apprenticeship for every qualified electrician
>>
File: 1498114958238.jpg (519KB, 1496x2504px) Image search: [Google]
1498114958238.jpg
519KB, 1496x2504px
>>131364462
>Being from a 3th country in Europe
>Being slightly overweight
>Planning to go foreign to look for opportunities
>Asking friends who lives in London what are job opportunities there
>Tell that I should lose weight or I will get be dumpstered.
>Fuck you millennials
>>
>>131364462
Just get a minimum wage job so you don't be a fucking sponge while you look for a real job.
>>
>>131370254
Wow, our apprenticeship systems are really fucking different.
>>
>>131370245
>Claims to have been a supervisor
>Acts like a shitter
I fucking hate LARPing Canadians
>>
>>131370285

Many employers don't want to hire over-qualified people for a wagecuck job. They know the candidate will jump ship the moment something better presents itself
>>
>>131370216
unrelated to thread but i had a gf who would go buy a bunch of small fish and shove them up her cooch all at once and would cum from that. i have no idea how she figured out that made her orgasm but the relationship did not last long after she one time convinced me to try fucking her with the fish flopping around in her cunt
>>
>>131370192
If you think the "top sets" are much better than standard American high schools then you've clearly never been to America.

Between the ages of 11-16, British education is fucking backwards. The most they'd teach you is shit about quadratics- that's pretty much how complicated it gets. They don't even teach you basic matrix algebra.

Then 16+ they teach you 1st and 2nd order diff equations, separable differential equations, vector and matrix algebra, taylor approximations, complex numbers, etc.

I really won't be surprised if they soon require you to use R
>>
Who working SEO here? I have a liberal arts degree and work with digital marketing.
>>
>>131370371
>Not wanting an aquarium blowjob
Don't come to Canada ever you fucking normie
>>
>>131370343
Oh yea, dude, who do you work for? Probably some no name shit kicking company. I used to be a supervisor for paladin, yes that's right, the people who trained your retarded ass.

I'm shitting on you because security is a dead end retard job, the same as mine, go to school you dumb retarded fuck.
>>
Not to sound like a prick but anyone else notice how insufferable HR employees are?
>>
>>131370371
That's...

Unique.
>>
>>131370472
I'll agree with you that paladin is fucking awful and I'm glad people agree with me on it. I moved to a better company.
>>
>>131370371
Not relevant you fucken cunt.
>>
>>131369615
fucking how, electricians i know got hired like 1 milisecond after finishing school, plus you make bank working black
>>
>>131370494
I hate HR mate. Such faggots .
>>
>>131370564
see
>>131370254
>>
>>131364462
And yet people complain that ethnic minorities are treated favourably.
>>
>apply for job in office
>200 applicants
>5 positions available
>snag one
>performance review day comes around
>think I'll be passed up because it's only at my 5 month mark instead of usual salary review tenure (6-8 months)
>walk out of my meeting with my manager with a 9.7% salary increase
>other hires alongside me managed to scrape up 3%
>people who have worked there for multiple years still making less than me after 5 months
>manager insists I shut the fuck up about the extent of the raise to avoid drama surrounding it
>implies there are many more to come

Feels fucking good to be competent.
>>
>>131370540
ALL SECURITY COMPANIES ARE SHIT.

MOBILE UNITS ARE SHIT

YOU GET ONE ALARM CALL AND YOU BURN RUBBER TO GET TO THE SITE AND IT'S TWO CHIPMUNKS HAVING SEX INFRONT OF THE MOTION SENSOR. THEN YOU TRY TO CLAIM THE OVER TIME, BECAUSE THOSE CHIP MUNKS COST YOU A WHOLE FUCKING HOUR AND PUT YOU BEHIND AND THE BOSS LOOKS AT YOU AND SAYS "WE DON'T PAY OVER-TIME YOU SHOULD HAVE SKIPPED YOUR LUNCH".

SECURITY LMAO, FUCK THAT SHIT.
>>
>>131370688
>implying op isn't a lying nigger
>>
>>131370729
About what?
>>
>>131370708
gj typing in all caps, guy from 1997 aol chat rooms
>>
>>131370703
You still have to work in a shitty office though
>>
>>131370795
his qualifications and performance on screenings, for o e
>>
>>131370708
You worked mobile? You claimed breaks?
I feel legitimately bad for you. Play some stealth and strategy Vidya and read some good suspense, subtle horror books. It will help you develop a better sense of cleverness and cunning
>>
>>131364462
Show some fucking confidence anon. Look em in the eyes speak clearly and firmly. Have a strong handshake stand up straight and look forward when you're walking.

When you stare at the ground, avoid eye contact when talking, slouch, give flimsy bitch handshakes, and talk like a bitch it makes people uncomfortable. I know people now a days have a general social disconnect, but the older people definitely appreciate it and pay attention.

Also smile a lot. I know you have clinical depression, but nobody wants to be around a sad sack o shit.
>>
>>131364462

Maybe you aren't as smart, well adjusted or integrated into British culture as you think.

I am willing to bet you aren't and that this all stems from butthurt and inferiority complex.

Go home, you aren't wanted.
>>
File: download.jpg (16KB, 294x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 294x172px
>>131364462
I miss those old inquisition days when people were being burned if they looked too much attractive. The only that could get a job were ugly people.
>>
>>131370827
Read my replies to this thread bruv. I'm not LARPing for shit.

You think the advice I gave that Aussie anon is pulled out of my ass? Nah man, I did it myself now i'm getting my foot in the door 90% of the time.
>>
>>131364462
you shouldnt have fucked your a levels bong
>>
>>131370855
I HATE SECURITY, IT'S THE DUMBEST FUCKING JOB EVER.

YES I PREFER WORKING AT A GAS STATION TO THAT GARBAGE. TRY WORKING 110 HOURS AND THEN NOT GETTING PAID OVER TIME.

SECURITY IS FOR RETARDS, THE SMART ONES GO INTO CORRECTIONS.
>>
>>131370807
Eh, it's stellar as far as offices go. The entire floor has no concrete walls, it's all glass. Our chairs are some wacky $1,200 ergonomic office chairs. We're provided with desks that raise and lower so we can stand while clack clack clacking away on our keyboards.

That, and it's a fast-growing tech company, so promotions and raises will be plenty in the coming years.
>>
>>131365448
Having a victim complex won't get you anywhere. Fucking pathetic
>>
>>131370981
I get paid overtime though. Sucks to be you I guess.
>>
>>131370900
fuck you, nigger. nobody believes you
>>
The current labour market is so fucked. Everyone has a degree and every organisation is looking to employ more women and minorities. I can't stand turning up to the bullshit assessment day/group assessment feeling as though I have to compete with some dumb blonde bitch whose only work experience is as a waitress or retail worker for a shitty 9-5 job. You get dumb HR sluts interviewing you, trying to catch you out with bullshit questions and mind games to justify their existence as the 'HR manager'. So over it.
>>
>>131370866
There's a point where it comes off fake as fuck, like Patrick Bateman tier. Maybe companies like that though, I dunno. I'll bear it in mind for next time. Just like when they ask you 'how are you all feeling today', you're supposed to answer 'excited' or something along those lines its a game I need to learn the rules for.

>>131370904
I didn't though...
>>
>>131366116
The /pol/acks wont like it but this is Britain we're talking about. The rich part of the country truly lives in a different world, beginning in a fee paying school.
>>
>>131371025
Yea fucking right, they won't pay time and a half, they will just hire another fucking retard to soak up the extra hours.

It doesn't suck to be me as I said, I get pretty much the same wage and I get to slack off all day. Fuck that shit, never again.
>>
>>131371124
100%
If it's between you and your shitty comprehensive and some private school Henry, you've got no chance
>>
>>131371086
>trying to catch you out with bullshit questions and mind games

If you're talking about Fermi problem-like questions, they really do serve a viable purpose. You really know the wheat from the chaff so to speak when you ask someone 'How many coffees does Costa sell in the UK a week'.

95% of people would shit themselves lol. That's why it pays to do some research beforehand.
>>
>>131371148
>Gets same pay to do the same things that I do
>Hur dur I'm still better than you.
I make overtime when I go over 44 hours. Hell I'm making overtime right now for browsing 4chan...
You got the shit end of the stick and that spoiled your view forever, I get it.
The difference between us is that I'm clever and you're a bitter quitter
>>
>>131371124
>>131371220
It all boils down to class here doesn't it?
>>
File: anime_vomit_throwup_sick.jpg (83KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
anime_vomit_throwup_sick.jpg
83KB, 680x680px
>no education
>no valuable skill
Should I just kill myself?

I have plenty of time to learn stuff by myself, I could also get in to any education in my country I wanted except one.
Unfortunately I don't have any motivation/discipline/willpower.
>>
>>131371294
Lmao you are fucking dumb, get your fucking criminology course done and get an actual security job. Get back to work, it's time for another patrol you shitter, don't forget to smoke another joint and jerk off before your relief comes.
>>
>>131371316
Aus has a class system, Aussies just try to make out we don't.

One thing I hate is how the media values the lives of criminals and drug mules.
>>
>>131371348
>Kekistani flag
I think you know the answer
>>
>>131364462
>Thought for sure this Indian girl
Poo in loos are incapable of preforming anything decently, they talk a big game and show like they have all the skills but as soon as they're thrown out into the real world and start doing the work they're fucking shit and everyone around them has to bust their asses harder to pick up the slack
Fuck off you shitskin motherfucker, it's not enough that you invaded their country but now you have to complain that your auto diversity hire didn't happen this time?
You're such a piece of shit it's ridiculous
>>
>>131371397
>Smoke. At all
Nice projection, degenerate
>Jerk off
Lack of professionalism is likely why you couldn't get anywhere
>>
>>131371446
Tons of Indians in the UK are like this. Textbook case.
>>
>looking straight 2 years for a job
>still haven't found one
>mfw even a nigger in my class got a job
>>
>>131371481
LMAO

I met so many dumbfags like you working security, we know what you are doing when you are off the cameras.

>durrhuurruhu don't smoke it's bad
Yea if you smoke 2 packs a day and don't walk it is.
>>
>>131371446

He made the mistake of thinking anyone cares about foreign looking men. An Indian girl? World is her oyster, any big company would love to hire her to tick two boxes - look a woman, look a brown person. Im fairly sure the BBC is 30-40% indian women.

But the same doesn't apply for men, they are the disposable gender at the end of the day, regardless of race.
>>
These thoughts do nothing but hurt you in the hiring process. No one wants to work with "arrogant and obnoxious".
>>
>>131365287
>or detail oriented.
I'm very detail oriented, almost autistically so.
In fact I have major OCD, it's not a good thing either slows everything the fuck down because I have to get it just right every time.
Individual work or contracting it's fine but teamwork and you might as well put me at the back
>>
>>131364462

Be your own boss. Just start up a food cart to bring in some cash flow.
>>
>>131364893
>That's literally one of the things they warn against
Oldest trick in the book and you fell for it like a child, this was a test you dumbass. They warn you against doing something but expect you to do so explicitly.

That's how you seperate promising individuals from docile herd, nobody gives a shit how you 'outperformed' everyone, sharks are the ones making money
>>
>>131371316
Absolutely. These schools exist for a reason
>>
>apply for only one job
>get selected out 24 people
>started last week

Having some proper education in Northern Norway is life on easy mode.
>>
>>131371546
Well you would know about smoking with no movement, chairmaster
>Assumes everyone is a lonely virgin using the office as a masturbatorium
The most pathetic person here anon is OP but you're a good runner up. Keep going and you might outpace OP, the eternal faggot
>>
>>131364900
If you have no job experience you won't get in GS because you "know people".

>>131366116
Of course it's no coincidence. Jews like to work with jews, whites like to work with whites, asians with asians, muslims with muslims. You can cry about it or you can make sure you're better than the average X in that firm, then you'll land the job.

If they don't let you in just because of your colour and even though you have better skills (which you obviously don't), then you wouldn't wan't to work in that company anyways, because on long term that company would get outclassed by firms who do hire the best person for the job.

Anyways, not coming on /pol/ would probably be one of the best decisions if you actually want to make something of your life.
If you don't understand why /pol/ is bad for your mental health then you don't deserve to be succesful.
>>
What do you do in your spare time that shows you're proactive and a self-learning person in order to look appealing to your employers, rather than sit there and radiate "I need a job" ?
>>
>>131371712
That's right, I am the chair master, the coffee king, and the cigar tzar. Get back to work chubby.
>>
>>131371348
Join a private military contractor, help reduce the world's shitskin problem one at a time
You can still be of great use to us Anon, not just yourself
>>
>>131364462
Find a local temp agency. It will be shit work, but better than nothing.
>>
>>131371693
>Northern Norway
Cozy af, what kind of job?
>>
>>131371746
>What do you do in your spare time that shows you're proactive and a self-learning person in order to look appealing to your employers

Show them your posts from here. This place is as proactive as it gets.
>>
>>131364462
We'll think about it, who would you rather have working for you? A clean-cut, well-spoken white man and a young, pretty, thin blonde girl? Or a stupid thug with sagging pants who can barely speak English and a fat, nappy-haired, smelly negreess? If you were a customer of a business, who would you rather have waiting on you?
>>
File: I truly came from nowhere.jpg (19KB, 300x373px) Image search: [Google]
I truly came from nowhere.jpg
19KB, 300x373px
>>131371316
I know. You just have to find another way of living. I've never known a British upper class creative, no music, no art, no writing, nothing of value. I'd rather be dead then be like that.
>>
>tfw when you have got to the interview stage of over 5 graduate schemes and always fuck up

You don't know pain like it.

I recently did an applicaiton for a friend, since he kept getting rejected. He got through the assessments, interview and assesment centre - and finally the job.

Gonna just join the Navy at this rate.
>>
>>131371815

Middle management in a big telecom company. Very comfy this far.
>>
>>131371760
>Fat people calling other people fat
It's interesting you bring up jerking off though. I know most gas stations have cameras too so is that your pastime when two stupid teens come to fuck behind the gas station. I wonder how much you've watched would you considered cp.
Try to avoid the partyvan comrade
>>
>>131371777
Checked
>>
>>131371965
Don't join the Navy unless you enjoy being stuck on a boat for 6 months at a time. Its literally sail to somewhere in the middle east, spend 2 weeks on deployment, then spend months coming back.

Then again...eh, one of my best friends did it. Saw the world, got educated, moved into something better.

Joining the army / navy / RAF is a good shout if you have a plan and get some education in at the same time.
>>
>fatties
Good, they're obviously lazy pieces of shit who don't care about their health or appearance. Why would you trust them in anything that requires discipline and effort?

>uggos
Often not great to be around because they lack the social skills required for a workplace occupied by somewhat successful people. Can of course be good suitable people however.

>non-posh
You mean lower class chav scum. Good

>nerds
Socially retarded losers who shouldn't and don't get further than just being code monkey slaves and human calculators
Good.

Fuck you OP, get a job in a factory while you apply instead of complaining that no one gives you hand outs when all you do is sit on your ass whining about it, faggot
>>
I do IT work in a warehouse and our company is obsessed with hitting diversity quotas. We're a billion dollar company our one building makes close to 6 million in sales every single day and there is nobody worth while to hire.

The single moms only show up to work when they need the money. Calling off week after week, but they don't wanna lose their 1 year turn over government bonus so they keep them on.

The younger guys who they hire are insanely lazy, and act like a job that requires no education and pays 16.50 starting isn't worth the work. They'll sit down throughout the day, take a ton of bathroom breaks, constantly take their phone out. Then turn around and complain that we're staying late for OT because they only put in 4 hours of actual work in their 10 hour shift.

The older guys who are more experienced are lazy, and feel entitled to easier jobs. Then they'll fake an injury and get sent out to short term disability. We currently have 9 people in my old department on leeching off disability.

Then the blacks they hire, every one walks like their boots are filled with concrete. They cannot show up to work on time, it's always 5 minutes late, and they take extra long breaks and lunches.

My bosses don't know what to do, they've hired hundreds of people in the last two years. Out of those maybe 5 are decent and 1 is good. That and the fact that HR is run by two niggers, and a poo in the loo. Which means they block any attempts of management firing these shit stains until they get one year in before allowing them to get fired.

TDLR, OP is a lying faggot, and niggers, and the women who let themselves get fucked by them are awful workers.
>>
>>131372095

Could work. Will show your prospective employer you have the discipline. On the downside they could be wary of you because
of possible PTSD.
>>
>>131364462
>minorities

What is your ethnicity OP?
>>
>>131372034
now you are just reaching hard, for your information I have a hot gf who makes more money than me so jerking off at work isn't necessary.

Like I said, thanks for the laugh, I'll have a good chuckle the next cigar and coffee I have. I will laugh even harder during winter when I look at the moon and know that somewhere, out there in the cold blackness, you will be trucking your fat ass around some shithole truck stop or garage on foot, with no coffee, no cigars, and no ass to keep you company.

SUCH A PITY.
>>
>>131364893
>not showing leadership and initiative will surely get me the job!
I knew Brits were dumb but this just tops it
>>
>>131372194

Sounds like a nice place to work (other than the crappy diversity employees). Pay isn't bad at 16.50. Do they offer productivity bonuses at least?
>>
>>131364893
Ask yourself this: what were chad and stacy doing? Were they being a bit bossy, being confident and being involved in everything everyone was doing?

Now you know why they were hired and you weren't.
>>
>>131372194
I know this is going to sound strange but what you do is quite simple: advertise a lower salary than you're offering. The more competent people are the ones applying only for more 'realistic' jobs.

hope this helps
>>
>>131364462
Facing the same problem

Apart from the fact i don't even get to the interview stage of things.
>>
>>131372316
>The amount of time taken to reply
>Can't make post seem like you're too mad
The laughs were all mine anon. A hot gf who makes more than you? say hi to Jerome for me
>Cigars
For pretending you have a good life
>Coffee because your body is so yo the point of non functional you need that boost and the breath that smells like you ate the amount of shit equal to the amount you talk.
>Ass
Is part of assume, the way you do that she isn't cheating
>>
Just join the Military.

You get paid more than most people in the UK, you have literally zero bills, a clear and defined promotion system, free gym, good mates, and more time off than many jobs.
>>
>>131366116
If it helps the whitest area of London is the area with all the big Law, Consultancy, Accountancy, Finance, Investment etc firms.
>>
>>131372401

It's an amazing company to work for, but no productivity bonuses for moving boxes. They offer a profit sharing program which used to be 25% but they recently have been cutting it and now hovers between 8 - 15% On top of that they have 401k and a bunch of other medical, and investment options that you can decide.

Pay is really good, and yearly promotions for anyone who's decent can be up to 11%. The only people who get bonuses are sales reps, and people who cap out their wages. Which is based off productive, so I suppose there is some sorta productivity bonus.

What's really shitty about the job is that they cater to these lazy fuckers, and the people who do work hard get fed up and quit.
>>
>>131364462
Why dont you just act like a posh lad and get a fucking job then?
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 205x246px
>>131364462
>1.2 years of unemployment
>>
>>131372590
You are totally ass blasted nigger, stay jelly. You can't laugh, I laughed first.

Winter is coming friend, think of me when you run out of coffee in the middle of the snow. I'll be warm and comfy in my gas station watching movies on my iphone with my discount snacks and cigars.

HAHA.
>>
>>131364462
>This thread

/pol/ is like the drunk dad that sits on the couch after work, and belittles his son because he is ashamed of himself.

All of you are failures, that's why you are here.
>>
>>131372806
If I'm so ass blasted why are none of my posts written in all caps with the intelligence of an ape flinging it's feces at the keyboard.
You have at least two of those after being triggered by security
>>
>>131364462
Maybe you aren't as smart as you think you are.
>>
>>131372687
>What's really shitty about the job is that they cater to these lazy fuckers, and the people who do work hard get fed up and quit.

To be honest I've seen that in a lot of places. Including a place I actually worked for and really boiled my balls seeing it in person. It's like they go out of their to treat their shit employees like gold meanwhile the good employees get treated like shit. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the good employee gets treated like that because they know they can get away with it and the good employee still won't be a slouch. Either that or the upper management and hr are full of sociopaths.
>>
>>131372767
try 8 years. don't collect benes or anything. jus have no hope or desire for anything.
>>
>>131372920
The only one who is triggered is you. Winter is gonna trigger you hard nigger. I have limitless coffee and cigars, you have nothing.
>>
>>131372980
>Learning humans are scum this late in your life
Anons, I'm sorry
>>
File: 1476934493017.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1476934493017.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
Already have a job but I'm on the hunt for a new one

>get first job in my field
>work is hard, lots of overtime and very tedious
>make lots of friends
>finally transitioning from cyborg to normie
>suddenly..
>have to train a new person
>new person takes my place
>get sent to a new position in a new building
>almost nobody there
>supervisors don't even come around
>completely isolated from all the friends I made
>used to come in late on weekends because of bus times but still finish my work on time
>get ordered to come in on time
>only option is taxi
>consult HR for help
>they don't care
>going to be just me in the new building this week
>try to appeal to my supervisor one last time
>"you should have known this would have happened when you took the job"
>lonely at work
>lonely at home
>finally decide to jump ship the second I get something better
>>
>>131373031
>I am silly tier arguments
>>
>>131369002
>d st

Law market is dead. Most firms don't want to have trainees cause it actually fucks up their bottom line. Its why you are getting huge paralegal centors being set up regionally
>>
Honestly, government work would suit a lot of people here. Average salary of 80k+, guaranteed wage increases, hard to get fired, lax standards ... perfect for the semi autistic NEET who prefers writing & problem solving to hands on work. It's not glamorous but fuck it's cushy & pays the bills well. Just gotta get your foot in the door ... & once you're in, we look after each other.
>>
>>131373072

This was all past tense. My more youthful days.
>>
>>131373102
You think comfort and easy money is a silly argument. Enjoy trudging through the snow to jiggle your next door knob.
>>
>>131373149
Realistically, how many of us could get in?
Most of 4chan are borderline pedos with checks of criminal activity. You'd have to be posting here ironically for the lulz to get in wouldn't you?
>>
>>131371743
>muslims
>work
You can only pick one
>>
>>131373149
Redpill me on how to get in.

I dont have any connections in govt.
>>
>>131373189
>I am silly tier arguments
You're already dead inside aren't you? Trying to fill the void with greed and wrath. Sort yourself out. Canada needs to stay strong
>>
>>131373256
>You can only pick one
I pick that :3
>>
>>131364462
>mfw university student
>mfw translation student

did I fuck it up?
>>
>>131373293
Canada is dead inside, I'm like the only white staff member.

Don't worry about me friend, tomorrow I'm buying a bunch of gym equipment. Anyways I want to have a cigar, see you on the day of the rope.
>>
>>131364462
I had an onsite interview (silicon valley) friday, and will have the answer by monday.

Wish me luck, faggots!
>>
>>131373271
Applying for advertised positions is hard. Normally we already have someone in mind for that spot internally, but we're legally forced to advertise it to the public in order to be "fair"/prevent corruption/favoritism etc etc. Unless the person they have in mind completely shits the bed at the interview, externals don't have much of a shot.

However some sections with high turnover use employment agencies. They need people fast with as little fuss as possible. This is your in. You start on a contract with the employment agency, gain experience, then set yourself up to apply for one of the positions that I described above.
>>
>>131373369
>Rake*
I have 2 white co-workers
>Buy gym equipment
Find a fitness plan for yourself instead of being guided by you lust and envy
Don't visit /fit/ visit a gym and use a free pass or ask someone who goes to a gym
My lil bro gave me my regime. Payed nothing
>>
>problems of uneducated cucks

Kek
>>
File: 1498468241204-814546985.jpg (863KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1498468241204-814546985.jpg
863KB, 2048x1152px
Job hunt? I don't have to worry about that as I'm a lifer at Walmart!!!
>>
>>131373541
Which sections would those be?

If its some minimal qualifications position, id give it a shot.
>>
>>131373859
It could be anywhere m8, but especially somewhere that operates 24/7.

just look for government positions that aren't advertised by the govt itself, but by employment agencies.
>>
>>131364462
maybe you didn't do as well as you think you did
>>
>>131368368
I'm in position similar to yours (exept for fiance part, and unlike you I have serious health problems) and for last couple of weeks I've thought only about the least painful way to take my own life

I'm never going to be who I once wanted to be, so what's the fucking point of prolonging the misery anyway
>>
>other leaf left
Guess I won in the end. Bitter cuck
>>
File: 1497784707445.jpg (203KB, 1496x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497784707445.jpg
203KB, 1496x1000px
I need some advice /pol/: I graduated recently with a degree in finance from a state school, with no internship expsrience or contacts, just good grades (I know my autistic ass fucked up)

Thanfully I managed to secure a full time data entry analyst role after some temp stints, so I have a base to build off of. I have no idea what to do or where to go though, beyond generic self improvement (reading, working out, picking up codind and other skills).

NOW however, my uncle has been talking with me and he wants me to join him at his company soonish - he's set to become president of a subsidiary and wants me to join in a exec sales role with all those nice perks... I gladly would hop on it, I just dont feel at all ready or prepared for that kind of responsibility yet. Thankfulky I have a year or 2 before the change; any advice on what to do/how to prepare?
>>
>>131373149
I am applying for those roles. Takes months to even get a reply
>>
>>131364462
starting mine again this week, only jobs going here are cleaning and shop assistant shite
>>
>>131368368
Do you have a car? If so, I'd say look into uber or something. Honestly if the traditional routes are doing it for you, maybe try some alternatives with online courses in some relevant field/skill?

Or try going througha hiring agency? Most positions available through them are absolute jokes that braindead morons could do, but they pay well for what they are.
>>
File: asian_0.jpg (208KB, 700x2121px) Image search: [Google]
asian_0.jpg
208KB, 700x2121px
Bump
>>
>>131364462

i think we should give OP the benefit the doubt here

there are definitely places that hire based more on things like looks and ''sociability'' over performance, intelligence and productive output

iv seen it happen. they hire a bunch of chad types, guys and girls with ''the right attitude'' (athletic guys and eye candy girls without two braincells to rub together between them). Small scrawny asians, socially retarded autists like us and landwhales getting looked over.

Now that would be fine in a gym supply store, a sports store or whatever, fuck, i could list a ton of occupations where ''the right attitude'' is needed. but it happens even in places where it ISNT needed like office work. too many woman and chads in the HR departments if you ask me. they all need to be exterminated and replaced with autists who hire purely based on THE FUCKING PERFORMANCE TESTS WHICH ARE BETTER INDICATORS FOR PRODUCTIVE OUTPUT AND PROFIT TO THE FUCKING COMPANY
>>
>>131375115

Also, its an anglo-american probrlem.

it wouldnt happen in a country like Japan
>>
>>131364462
>us minorities
Do you expect sympathy from us? Fuck off nigger go back to whatever shithole you come from.
And I don't believe it. The UK is hardcore antiwhite with forced diversity quotas. Shitskins have it easier there, you can get a job being an uneducated retard because the only thing employers want from you is making a place less white.
>>
>>131369404
Adv Diploma in fine arts. After graduation spent a year unemployed. Then fell into insurance. Been working in the industry for over a decade now in 4 different cities around aus.

I'm ready to quit soon and work towards working for myself. Considering getting my loss adjusting license and private investigator license.
>>
>this one retard bragging about serving chad and his girlfriend all day long
>>
1 year unemployed here, done charity work, internships, and wageslave jobs but not even that's enough for a good CV/Resume.

I just want a 20k salary goddamnit so I can plan my life accordingly.
>>
>>131371777

Explain
>>
>>131364462
Damn. I can't even imagine how this type of stress feels like desu.
t.Boat mechanic & maintenance from the Gulf of Mexico region
>>
File: 1487847978148.jpg (250KB, 1181x854px) Image search: [Google]
1487847978148.jpg
250KB, 1181x854px
>>131377319
Your girlfriend doesn't respect you
Her parents don't take you seriously
Your own parents feel disappointment
You can't go on vacation with your friends

It's absolutely shit m8.
>>
>>131367180
4.0 GPA in CS and doesn't have a single internship under his belt

well, i suggest you switch to gender studies or something

or go teaching
>>
>>131377616
>be spic
>eternal 18k a year
>why live
>>
File: 18291382.gif (3MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
18291382.gif
3MB, 320x320px
>>131377777
checked
>>
>>131373100
What do you do dude?
>>
>>131377777
You know what to do spic
>>
>>131377777
Why indeed
>>
File: 1441445176286.jpg (100KB, 664x561px) Image search: [Google]
1441445176286.jpg
100KB, 664x561px
Im thinking about doing a masters on Audit. Hows the job offer for that?
>>
>>131370323

GET IN HERE

SAGE
>>
Just join the army if you fail at finding job for so long
>>
>>131377616
This might be hard... But have thought about the transportation industry?
Here in Murica, this is the potential starting salaries of these jobs that train you;
>diesel mechanic, $56k
>Class A CDL trucking, $46k (local), $57k (long haul)
>boat mechanic & maintenance, $49k
>dispatcher, $41k
Sheeeeiiit, that's all my drowsyass can think right now.
>>
My sister got into the final 8 out of 1300 applicants for a big job in Sydney.

They were only taking 2 and she is a white blonde but intelligent person and there was one white normie dude up against 6 super smart incredibly high scoring asians.

Whites win only because the asians are so autistic they are unrelatable in the office.

OP is a weird looking dude who you'd never want to hang around.

OP you're kidding yourself if you don't think being relatable is probably the most important thing when it comes to getting a job.
>>
>>131364462
Your race does have lands non-white anon ?
Yes ?
Go back there and stfu
>>
>>131374351
I told you I went for a cigar you fucking autist.
>>
File: 1497475780466_1498031528387.gif (662KB, 480x206px) Image search: [Google]
1497475780466_1498031528387.gif
662KB, 480x206px
>>131364462
Glad you're catching on.
>>
>>131364462
After 3 month NEET, I was taking a break from corporate bullshit, Came back this morning from interview, got the job. Always keep God with you, anon. Good luck.
>>
>>131364462
You are a fucking moron. It is easy to get a job. You're not unemployed because "muh jobs are hard to come by" it's because you are a loser, that's all it comes down to.
>>
>>131364462
bro what back arse part of uk do you live in or what high demands do you have? every time i break up from university around this time of the year, i get a job within the first week? i'm actually going to an interview today, even though i've already secured a job and have like 4 more interviews from 1 days worth or job search?
>>
>>131379655
Literally this
>>
>>131364691
if everyone in the world was a leader, no one would have followers
>>
I stopped trying.
An insane bout of depression/a mental breakdown hit me three weeks ago and I spend my time on 4chan or doing stuff to get over it.

I might get back to it later. I am becoming one of the most senior people at the place I work now, with such a shit wage that most people only stay for a year.
>>
File: 1491565617140.jpg (49KB, 851x630px) Image search: [Google]
1491565617140.jpg
49KB, 851x630px
>>131366116
>98% of men and women that work at these companies look and act exactly the same.
One for one. Browns own the nhs and social services now.
White women can do well but white men don't even get a look in unless they're a high level manager or a doctor/consultant.
Africans, Asians and blacks in general to do all the simpler, less rigorously certificates jobs. These Africans and Asians then employ more Africans and Asians, no matter how incompetent and uneducated.
I work with admins who can barely speak English properly. There's an admin bloke here who smokes a joint BEFORE work EVERY DAY. You can tell that our training manuals were written and edited by Africans/Asians because of the abject grammar.

This is what the industries you're aiming for want to avoid, what they're shielding themselves from.
Because they know that once they have a non-white like you in the door, with a chip on their shoulder and a warped sense of who deserves a reward, they're wide open to race based nepotism from you to other browns, regardless of their competence.
You don't even realise that you likely only thought that Indian chick was 'good' for the job because of your innate racism and bitterness.

You're the thin end of the wedge. Judging by your attitude they made the right decision, and people like you only make it harder for hard-working, humble browns to move up the chain.
>>
File: 7357.jpg (43KB, 330x461px) Image search: [Google]
7357.jpg
43KB, 330x461px
>>131366116
Yea okay, they didn't hire you because you are a shitskin and white people have had enough of your entitled bullshit

Fuck off back to your own wasteland.
This is what you want to hear. This is the truth.
>>
File: 1498078956776s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498078956776s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>131364462
>There's really no space for us minorities
Fuck off back to where you came from.
>>
>>131369580
Haha this! Glad someone else knows this.

I have a molecular biology degree and people act like I learned about birds for 4 years. They're shocked when I know a fuck ton of math/stats and computational biology / CS concepts and languages
>>
File: 1497606435677.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1497606435677.png
103KB, 624x434px
>>131371895
>I've never known a British upper class creative, no music, no art, no writing, nothing of value.
>nothing of value
>nothing of value
>I'd rather be dead then be like that.
Well you made your choice.
So much ignorance and entitlement from you.
Maybe the upper class artistes don't do grime and postmodern abstract art installations about vaginal discharge.
Maybe they write and play in orchestras, opera's, operate high art galleries, build exquisite masonry and carpentry. Maybe the art they value requires skill and talent, which gutter art plebs like you have zero interest in.
And you blame that on class... I know a master painter specialising in gold leaf, family of family. He works for royalty worldwide, mainly Arabs these days. As working class as they come, by birth. No leg-ups in life. Sure as fuck not working class any more.
You made your choice, but you blame it on society. Get fucked.
>>
>>131364462
8 years here. I think my life is over.
>>
>>131382275
If that's legit just go to a community college dude
>>
>>131380321
i am a biomed engineer and after masters level i had a minor in maths, a minor in chem, a minor in bio, a major in bioengineering, and learned to program in matlab, ios/swift, python, c, and r
>>
>>131382977
Nice!

I didn't minor in anything but I still had to do the complete physics, calc, and stats series and learned Java, R, and SQL in varying courses.

Then I self taught Python, HTML/CSS, and JavaScript.

Trying to snag a programming job now because research is super gay and has NO career ladder.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.