[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Health Care

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Let's talk about the American health care system here.

Its pretty terrible in reality. I'm on Medicaid, and I will probably lose it next year for making a little bit over the limits. I make half my money through selling stuff online and the other half through a minimum wage job, I don't get health benefits from the job. I can see why its so hard for self employed people to get ahead in America.

I think Carly Fiorina had the best ideas on healthcare. Just make it a free market. America has to choose one, either make healthcare a free market, or make it single-payer socialized. Right now, America is in a strange limbo of privatized, crony capitalist, and government controlled healthcare- its not working very well.
>>
>>131358483
It's not hard for self-employed people to get ahead; it's hard for dumbasses to get ahead.
>>
>>131358483
what's there to talk about? you basically answered your own question with

>Just make it a free market
>>
>>131359206
America needs to choose one or the other. Either be very good at making healthcare a free market, or very good at making it socialized. We can't do both.
>>
>>131359358
well yes, obviously having one clear policy is more efficient than a bastard mix of both as a compromise for the sake of it. I still don't understand what you intend to actually discuss as if it's anything remarkable or insightful -- this isn't new
>>
>>131358483
Amerifat is on medicaid eh? Why in our countries is is acceptable for fat disgusting pieces of shit to have a right to healthcare when they are causing their own damn problems? Why is it now acceptable for a person to weigh as much as a Buick and be applauded by (((body-positivity))) movements and shitlibs? The answer to refing healthcare is dumping the hamplanets and praying to the Gods of gluttony to take them away.
>>
>>131361010
Its easier to promote obesity as "normal" than to fix the issue of thyroid disruptors being dumped into the public water supply.

It also doesn't help that, for example, all wheat in the world has been at some point cross-bred with Monsanto's roundup-ready GMO wheat. For whatever reason, they somehow created an organism that produces a mild opiate analog that, while it doesn't create a "high", it creates a similar "low" when absent. Ergo, people who have been eating it have a hard time staying on a diet involving its absence.
>>
I agree.

For some reason being against the clusterfuck that was how we had it or Obamacare means you are against socialized medicine. I'm not. But like you I think we should fucking to a system.
>>
>>131358483
We need to address why, for example, an MRI costs $5000 before we can look at socializing it.

I believe healthcare, like education, is a social institution, not a business. Physicians under that model would be salaried state employees instead of, essentially, freelancers making ends meet for their private clinics appointment-by-overpriced-appointment or subsisting entirely on commission within the framework of a privately-owned chain.

It still surprises me that any doctor would want to equate socialized medicine with slavery, when its proper implementation means they will be guaranteed an income instead of fending for themselves in an increasingly flooded marketplace (not to mention the rising cost of supplies, equipment, and skilled labor necessary to operate one's own clinic).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.