[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are some people that think GMOs are bad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1280.gif (160KB, 124x103px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1280.gif
160KB, 124x103px
>there are some people that think GMOs are bad
>>
File: 1491768712402.png (18KB, 391x473px) Image search: [Google]
1491768712402.png
18KB, 391x473px
>>131340077
the haber bosch is what allows for mass food production i think and not GMO foods themselves

although GMO's are beneficial because it allows farmer's to get greater yields on their products and less crop spillage, it also allows for monopolies on the seed industry like monsanto has to happen

the science on whether or not GMO's are harmful is still out there and not conclusive, and that is the reason some people are skeptical to consuming them (because it's unknown)

there are also inherent environmental destruction qualities of the growing practice farmers use to grow GMO's, which can have consequential effects on any given lands biomass and ability to keep producing in the future as well as pollution and stuff (another potential argument against them)

in the EU, all foods without a label on them are non-gmo, it's the GMO ones that need the label. in the US, it's the other way around.

it's not as simple of an issue as some make it out to be
>>
>>131340553
>>131340077
tl;dr don't buy apples from china when you have a farmer that grows them less than 50km away as you will only serve to waste fossil fuels in shipping and whatnot. consider buying non-gmo if you can
>>
Have there been any problems with GMO stuffs? The organic craze just seems like a bunch of vegan crazies to me.
>>
>>131340077
CIA ______
>>
Whats with all these stupid fucking Slide threads today? What are (((they))) trying to censor?
>>
>>131340789
CIA niggers
>>
>>131340699
Without GMO a lot of fruits and vegetables would be extinct
>>
>>131340760
4 U
>>
>>131340958
>The world’s food supply depends on about 150 plant species. Of those 150, just 12 provide three-quarters of the world’s food. More than half of the world’s food energy comes from a limited number of varieties of three “mega-crops”: rice, wheat, and maize.
>>
>>131341131
I'm just saying things like papayas were saved by GMO because they were on the verge of extinction
>>
We have been genetically modifing every organism we grow for millennia. That has never been the problem. Why companies like Monsanto are demonized is because their growing systems encourage massive pesticide and herbicide use, while trying to claim copyright over an organism.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.