[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ceremonial War instead of Total War

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1497326177006.png (351KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1497326177006.png
351KB, 531x471px
What is we institutionalized tribal warfighting instincts and had ceremonial, low intensity conflicts within strictly defined parameters?

Like we could solve the South China Sea problem by selecting a 100sqkm patch of land and put 1,000 US soldiers against 1,000 PLA soldiers. There's no need to commit all our resources to a fucking total all out war. It's like the nation state version of settling a dispute with a fair fight, or trial by combat in muh GoT
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>131339352
>South China Sea problem by selecting a 100sqkm patch of land and put 1,000 US soldiers against 1,000 PLA soldiers
quick rundown on south china sea problem? is there an official body/book that contains the official ownerships of lands?
>>
File: IMG_0322.png (211KB, 506x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0322.png
211KB, 506x298px
>>131339352
>be me, OP, Zionist shill
>break into white guy's house
>demand to take his wife as mine
>he pulls out a gun to shoot me
>I propose we play rock paper sizzors for her
>...
>>
Really makes me think
>>
Because the moment anything of actual strategic relevance worth fighting over comes up any power worth their salt isn't just going to sit back and let a 1000v1000 battle decide the fate of it.

Also in the event of a loss, what's stopping either side just saying "Fuck it, we have millions of soldiers" and just devolving into Total War?
>>
>>131342231

It's also demoralizing as fuck to the soldiery. It would fucking suck to be one of the 1000 men. It's not like countries would ONLY have an army of 1000 if this became reality.

In wartime you and everyone else out there are in the same boat. Assuming this happened like every 5 or so years why the fuck would those 1000 men not resent the living shit out of the other thousands of soldiers who sit in a barracks all year while they have to put their life on the line.

tl;dr you're a fucking retard.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.