[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Catholic General/ Sunday Mass Edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 77

File: IMG_0184.jpg (179KB, 595x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0184.jpg
179KB, 595x900px
>Reminder that all other denominations are KIKED

>If you missed mass today here are some videos and streams:
https://thesundaymass.org/watch-the-sunday-mass

>Passage of the day: Leviticus 20:13
If any one lie with a man as with a woman, both have committed an abomination: let them be put to death. Their blood be upon them.
>>
File: IMG_0185.jpg (31KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0185.jpg
31KB, 203x248px
>Thread theme
https://youtu.be/R6R9gedqebA
>>
File: IMG_0186.jpg (17KB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0186.jpg
17KB, 375x211px
>Reminder that our struggle against the Jews and Moslems is our religious duty sanctioned by The Lord
>>
Pray the Rosary

https://youtu.be/sDB_NLlxLFM?t=5m24s
>>
>>131298542
Peace be with you

prepare for your country to have a Rahowa against the European Caliphate in the next 10 years
>>
How do I know which denomination is true? Everyone is throwing shit at others, especially cathokeks. Explain yourselves.
>>
>>131299429
Christian Orthodoxy is the only uncorruptible church of the Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
File: IMG_0188.jpg (239KB, 800x1065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0188.jpg
239KB, 800x1065px
>Saint of the day: Saint George
Pic related. An Officer of the Empire, St. George was put to death for refusing to recant his Christian faith. Saint George was a true European Warrior, a dragon slayer, and a deeply religious man. We should all strive to be as honorable as him.
>>
File: IMG_0187.jpg (38KB, 170x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
38KB, 170x258px
>>131299429
Pray and meditate. God will show you that Catholism is the true religion of the European
>>
>>131299649
Saint George is on may 6th (julian) how is he saint of the say?

>burger education
>>
>>131299965
>A F****** LEAF
I just pick my favorite saints randomly for saint of the day
>>
>>131297325

You faggots literally came into existence because your patriarch had an ego trip and thought he was better because he was seated in Rome.
>>
>>131299583
>>131299583
I have no idea about Orthodoxy. I only know that Catholics don't treat Bible like the only legit Word of God and pray to Mary to save them, when Bible says you can be saved only by Christ. And protestants believe they don't have free will and God decides if he wants them to commit sin or not, which is also bullshit because Bible literally says that God gave us free will to decide if we want to follow the darkness or light. It's all so fucked up. Do denominations even matter at all? I don't know anymore. I want to believe, but looks like I'm too stupid fot this.
>>
>>131300235
>durr i choose when to celebrate whatever i want
Cause thats how church and tradition works
>>
>>131300271
Everyhing you described is Orthodoxy my son. Only way isthrough Jesus, and you must accept him yourself. You have free will.
Look into it anon.
>>
>>131300271
The best advice I can give you is read the Bible and come to your own conclusions. That being said calling Catholics pagans is a total straw man
>>
File: 1470193812970.jpg (77KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
1470193812970.jpg
77KB, 800x522px
>>131300392
Please get out of this thread you leaf
>>
>>131300831
>accepting christians
>catholic

Not a leaf first and foremost, secondly, trying to silence me in a pinoy rotisary image board? Top kek.
>>
>>131300678
I'm reading it and it's not so obvious. There are fragments which say that catholic church is true and a few lines later, there are fragments which imply the protestants are right. And even if the catholic church is the true one, the Apocalypse says it's a big prostitute.
>>
>>131301213
Id recommend that you just go church shopping and find your fit. If you young and in good healthy there is no hurry

Peace be with you
>>
File: 1471838407787.png (376KB, 800x517px) Image search: [Google]
1471838407787.png
376KB, 800x517px
>>131301193
>Lying on the sabbath
Take yourself leaf
>>
>>131301745
Rake*
>>
>>131299429
Denominations are nothing more than divide and conquer bs. Do you believe that Jesus is the son of God who died on the cross to save us from our sins, only to rise from the grave three days later? If yes, you're good. Sectarianism is pointless.
>>
>>131301598
>Church shopping
Leave it to a burger to treat 2 millenia of tradition as a shopping center.
Christian Orthodoxy is THE church of the Lord and Saviour Isus Hristos. Any deviation from the original teachings is absolute blasphemy. Including putting a man (the pope) on Gods pedestal!
>>
>>131301840
>Including putting a man (the pope) on Gods pedestal!
But Jesus himself made Peter the first pope, so how is this a blasphemy?
>>
File: LeafShitposter.jpg (78KB, 517x650px) Image search: [Google]
LeafShitposter.jpg
78KB, 517x650px
>>131301840
Get out you damn Leaf
>>
>>131301983
Jesus himself made Peter the patriarch of the church. Rome made him the bishop of rome. Not a "pope". No direct connection to God, he is still a man.
>>
>>131302010
Truth starting to hurt? The catholic church has done enough division amongst Europe in order to maintain its power in Rome. Your church is welcoming heretics as kin!
>>
File: Cathelineau.jpg (208KB, 901x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Cathelineau.jpg
208KB, 901x1400px
For more than 1900 years,
France is the France of Jesus.
Since the Franks and the Gauls,
France has ever said: 'I believe'.

Hardy against the mob,
Unpatriotic and godless,
For the Catholic Faith,
Frenchmen rise up for God wills it.
Let’s sing La Catholique,
Long live France and God.

The beautiful France of Clovis,
Of Charlemagne and Saint Louis,
Of Joan of Ark and of Bayard,
Raised its clear gaze towards God.

But a bunch of vultures,
Hovering over it these days,
Have overshadowed the Cross,
And reduced France to moaning.

France cries out arms extended,
Misfortune to those who do not hear it.
Shame on he who dares not help,
When his own mother is in danger.

Our proud ancestors have struggled,
To bring us freedom,
To preserve such treasure,
Let us like them fight to the death.

Without fear let’s risk our lives,
For the Cross and the Flag.
If we close ranks around them,
By these two symbols we shall win.
>>
>>131301819
Ofc I do, but Bible recommends the group prayers. It says that Christianity can't be individual, but "if there are 2 or 3 people, the Jesus is with them".
>>
File: 1497231278780.jpg (78KB, 776x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497231278780.jpg
78KB, 776x960px
>>131297325
Hi fellow Catholics. This morning's 11 o'clock mass at my parish was given by one of our priests, Father Matt. Fr. Matt is a nice guy, but his sermons are usually pretty lackluster, because he's not a great public speaker and he tends to rant a bit.

Anyways, the mass I attended was his last mass at my parish, before he moves across town to serve at the cathedral there. His final homily (at this parish) was actually really interesting; it was largely about the dichotomy of the individual versus the masses (school, work, general population, etc.), and how as individuals we are part of the masses yet we retain our individuality. This is something I think about quite a bit; we live in an age where we can connect to people anywhere in the world, and we usually do so on a daily basis. We carry the technology to do this in our pockets with us, everywhere we go. We are not mentally prepared for this; our brains have evolved to interact with small groups of local friends, family, and townspeople.

Yesterday I was preparing some food and I had a small cylindrical container of toothpicks. Looking at the container from the top, I tried to guess how many toothpicks were inside -- I guessed about a hundred. When I checked the number on the side of the container, it said that it contained 250 toothpicks. This helped remind me that, as humans, aside from the occasional idiot savant, we truly lack the ability to comprehend large numbers. I know that a non-zero number of people will read this post, but how many? A handful? A few dozen? A few hundred?

This leads me to the revelation I had during the homily, as Fr. Matt started to speak about the Holy Trinity. I'm not very well educated in theology and stuff, but hear me out: what if one meaning of the Holy Trinity is that it represents how we as humans continue the will of God and perpetuate our species? Father and Son = reproduce, spread genes; Holy Spirit = spread memes, pass the faith onto your offspring. (ctd.?)
>>
>>131302749
The Holy Trinity represents nothing else but God, simple as that
>>
>>131302749
Today my preacher talked about fear. I usually don't like it when they don't read the Bible but in this case it was a good message. Fear is a pointless. We must be rave and put our faith in the lord
>>
>>131299429
That's the point
You don't truly know and nether do them
But if they are sneaky enough and get to frighten you with hellfire for fucking a dude in the ass it might just work.
Go be a catholic and give them money.
>>
>>131303384
That is a good message burgerbro
>>
>>131303384
Brave*
>>
>>131303556
P.s. only started rant cause you said we are kiked. I dont dislike catholics, but look in the mirror once in a while.
>>
File: 1497158636796.png (126KB, 285x627px) Image search: [Google]
1497158636796.png
126KB, 285x627px
>>131302749
It's hard to put what I want to say into words, but I'll try anyways.

I'm a computer programmer, and to me, God created the Universe by crafting an infinite series of systems that interact with each other to produce complex, unpredictable (by man) outcomes over the course of billions of what we call years (or more?). Man is the "chosen" species, in that it was the one that first (on this planet) gained the intellectual ability to reason about the nature of the Universe and how it interacts with itself, and with us. We even have the ability to introspect and reason about WHY and HOW we reason -- this, in itself, is the most beautiful thing I could imagine. I do my best to not be naive though, and I fully realize that God is not something that my feeble human mind can even remotely conceive of in any sort of accurate way.

My logical processing center is my brain -- it only has a limited number of inputs and outputs, and there's plenty of information that exists in the Universe that I am not able to pick up using my natural body. For example, I was born with basically no sense of smell. Scent is a band of information that I simply cannot access, the same way a blind man cannot see... and the same way none of us can perceive infrared or ultraviolet light, or see (or feel?) radio waves flying through the air all around us.

Despite all of this, I know that my religion and my faith has guided myself, my family, and my nation through hard times and adversity. It is my culture, and I cannot escape that (nor should I want to!).

(ctd.)
>>
>>131302535
Run for office based Frenchie
>>
File: 1498086354358.jpg (1MB, 4120x2694px) Image search: [Google]
1498086354358.jpg
1MB, 4120x2694px
>>131297325

Reminder that Roman Cucklicks removed all negative references to the Jews from their Holy Friday services.

Meanwhile, we sang this at church today:

>Answer, O Jews:
>How did the soldiers lose the King?
>Why could the stone not keep the Rock of life? >Either produce the body of Him who was buried,
>Or worship Him who is risen.
>Glory to Your bountiful mercies, O Savior,
>Glory to You!
>>
>>131304667
Also:

>O Law-breaking Jews!
>When you sealed the grave, you only magnified the miracle.
>On the day of His Resurrection,
>You told the guards to say the Disciples stole His body away.
>Who would steal a corpse?
>He arose by His own power, for He is God.
>O Jews, come and see how He is risen,
>Trampling down Death,
>Giving us life and great mercy.
>>
File: ChristChan - 112.png (377KB, 680x1151px) Image search: [Google]
ChristChan - 112.png
377KB, 680x1151px
>>131304139
We live in a world where people are increasingly being persuaded to discard Christianity, to favor individual values over family and community values, to abandon the sliver of divine perspective our faith gives us on the cohesive nature of how our species, our Universe, and God are all connected, are all one and the same, are all the most beautiful thing you could possibly imagine to ever exist.

Jesus Christ literally died on a cross at the hand of the Jews, because they did not like His radical teachings that went against the very traditional, cultural knowledge that have made the Jews such a powerful force in society to this very day ("kikery"). Even if one disregards Biblical teachings of how Jesus was the literal Son of God (and that His miracles literally happened as depicted in the Bible, and that He literally rose from the dead, and so forth), one can still see that He stood against the kikery, degeneracy, and general straying from the path that God laid before their race, the responsibility God gave the Jews as the Chosen People. Jesus taught that the the Jews, selfish, tribal, and competitive as they are, were indeed the Chosen People, but only insofar as they were the first leg of God's plan to spread His love and enlightenment to the entire world. The Jews had forgotten this (and have still forgotten it to this day!), and see themselves as The People Chosen By God To Rule Over All Others, instead of The People Chosen By God To Save Humanity And, Together With Everyone Else On Earth, Transcend This Mortal Plane To Become One With God, The Father Almighty, When He Determines The Time Is Right.

I know that this sort of thing is said at every point in time, but I honestly feel as though The End is near. A significant portion of the world's populace has been brainwashed to believe in "diversity" and "social justice" and "identity politics" the way one should believe in God. This distortion is amplified by our always-online world.

I am ready.
>>
>>131305007
>The guards have told the world of Your wonders, O Lord,
>But the false council of the Jews filled their hands with bribes,
>Thinking they could conceal Your Resurrection,
>Which the world glorifies today.

>Say, you Jews, where is Jesus, whom you were guarding?
>Where is He who was thrown into the grave?
>Give us the dead One, O deniers of life.
>Give us the buried One,
>Or else believe in the risen One.
>If you keep silent about the Resurrection,
>The stone that was rolled away will proclaim it.
>Your mercy is great, Your mystery is great,
>O Savior, glory to You!

>O Jewish lawbreakers!
>Where is the silver you gave the soldiers?
>The Treasure is not stolen; He is risen.
>O deniers of Christ, be confounded!
>Either prove He is dead,
>Or worship Him as God!
>Let us worship Him!
>>
>>131300558
Hey! I was raised Greek Orthodox. Thank you for such kind words.
>>
File: 1497387873608m.jpg (400KB, 969x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497387873608m.jpg
400KB, 969x1024px
>>131297325
Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
Step 2: Realize the christcuck threads on /pol/ are created by shills
Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus on self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.
Spiritual: Being open minded about our consciousness and its connection to the wider universe; are we insignificant or just the universe experiencing itself. Do we really die? Are we really alive?
Religion: Believing a book written by a couple of lunatics 2 thousand years ago about the adventures of a schizophrenic and his stories of an invisible sky wizard who created everything
Spiritual: Being a human, wondering, building, dreaming
Religion: Cancer, war, money, mind control, pedophilia, death

Christianity is a jewish scourge upon the western world, and the root of hyper-empathetic liberal ideology. It glorifies weakness and submission while vilifying strength and self determination.

Christians have been duped by the unholiest hoax in all history, by so-called Jews. This is considered their most effective weapon.

This 'big lie' technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews," in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable
>>
>>131300271
>Catholics don't treat Bible like the only legit Word of God

Jeeez bro learn more about catholic theology
you really becoming ridiculous
>>
File: e3387f0d46bebcce94ecaea4ced1f2a6.jpg (299KB, 1159x523px) Image search: [Google]
e3387f0d46bebcce94ecaea4ced1f2a6.jpg
299KB, 1159x523px
>>131306104
>The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.

You're going to feel pretty silly on judgment day.
>>
File: 1482871100270.png (101KB, 750x276px) Image search: [Google]
1482871100270.png
101KB, 750x276px
>>131297325
Today marks the first time in my life I left Sunday mass early of my own volition.

>be me, Catholic, prayan
>My church's priest invites a Presbyterian pastor to do a homily
>I think: "cool, maybe I get to learn more about my Protestant bros and sisters, and help reunite the church"
>fuckingnope.jpg
>goes on a rant of "not all Muslims" and "tolerance" and "muh mentions of violence" and "muh white supremacists"
>he talks at length about an interfaith council opening up to pagans and solo practitioners
>my mother rips up the check she was about to donate
>I leave shortly after receiving communion blessings
>fucking pressy heretics
>mf rn

Is there any hope for our faith, guys? Will our leaders of our faith ever face the truth?

Also Church is St. Ignatius of Antioch in California.
>>
File: IMG_2173.jpg (53KB, 787x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2173.jpg
53KB, 787x512px
What is wrong with this man? This image is from today. Makes me sick.
>>
>>131306104
If you reject Christ you will not make your way to Heaven.

That's not to say Catholicism is the correct biblical doctrine, but at least it doesn't actively reject the Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
File: image.png (240KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
240KB, 500x696px
>>131297325
>in b4 "He ment the opposite of what he said"

Galatians
2:16/21
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

3:6-11
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

5:4-5
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
>>
>>131306104
i hate this meme
>>
>>131297325
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>131306514
I am about to move out to the Bay Area but I think I will look for an orthodox church.
>>
>>131306543
there were many worse popes before desu
we are humans we are sinful
>>
>>131306561
pic saved
>>
>>131306730
Hope our paths cross someday.
>>
File: goy.jpg (22KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
goy.jpg
22KB, 388x384px
>>131306104
>Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
>Being retarded enough to believe this 10th grade tier armchair philosophy

I'm not even a Christian either.
>>
>>131306809
Of course, I hope you are able to find another church soon.
>>
>>131306749
Did any explicitly reject many of Christ's teachings and go out of their way to white wash Him from the Church? He isn't even on the cross that the Pope is holding at Mass!
>>
Pro tips for Protestants:

So-called "female priests" or "female bishops" are not to be ordained in the Church.
>Council of Laodicea, AD 360

From James the Just and the Apostles, the succession of bishops and priests in the house of God have been established. Never was a woman called to these.
>Epiphanius of Salamis ca. AD 370

Without baptism, there is no salvation.
>Tertullian ca. AD 200

It is not possible to receive forgiveness of sins without baptism.
>Origen ca. AD 230

If anyone does not receive baptism, he does not have salvation.
>Cyril of Jerusalem ca AD 350

Make certain that you all observe one common Eucharist, for there is only one Body of our Lord Jesus Christ, and only one cup of union with his Blood, and one single altar of sacrifice—even as there is only one bishop.
>Ignatius of Antioch ca. AD 100

There are many who believe that they hold to the teachings of Christ, yet some of them think differently from those who came before them. Only that which does not differ from the tradition of the church and the apostles is to be believed.
>Origen ca. AD 220

Of the doctrines preserved in the church, some come to us in writing and others come from the tradition of the apostles, mystically preserved. Both of these have the same authority.
>Basil the Great ca. AD 370

It is necessary to make use of tradition, for not everything can be gotten from sacred Scripture. The holy apostles handed down some things in the scriptures, other things in tradition.
>Epiphanius of Salamis ca. AD 370

If scripture is perfect and sufficient for everything, why is the church's interpretation necessary? Because, quite plainly, scripture is not accepted by everyone as having the same meaning.
>Vincent of Lerins ca. AD 430
>>
File: 1495073212685.png (169KB, 723x475px) Image search: [Google]
1495073212685.png
169KB, 723x475px
>>131306104
>Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
If this is true, why would the key human figure to the religion -- Jesus Christ -- be depicted as being the most "anti-kikery" Jew of all time?

>Step 2: Realize the christcuck threads on /pol/ are created by shills
Or maybe they go to mass every Sunday -- like a huge chunk of my small Midwest city does -- and they make threads here, as this is one of the few places where one can discuss Christianity and Catholicism with like-minded people?

If Christianity is a Jewish means of control, why is it popular to shun Christianity for one reason or another, and to attack traditional Christian family values? Why are Christians in favor of having large families, when the truly Jewish-mind-virus-infected of our population have been brainwashed into thinking that starting a family is a bad thing, and that two parents, one of each sex, is the ideal way to raise a healthy family?

(ctd.)
>>
File: 1450790001712.png (106KB, 519x456px) Image search: [Google]
1450790001712.png
106KB, 519x456px
>>131297325
How do I into the Catholic faith?

t. A Catholic that knows nothing about their own religion
>>
I learned one of my ancestors is an Anglican saint. I thought that was interesting. I don't belong to any church myself.
>>
>>131297325
Bump for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1495069179808.png (396KB, 899x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1495069179808.png
396KB, 899x1284px
>>131306104
>>131307253
>Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
>Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus on self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.
>Spiritual: Being open minded about our consciousness and its connection to the wider universe; are we insignificant or just the universe experiencing itself. Do we really die? Are we really alive?
>Religion: Believing a book written by a couple of lunatics 2 thousand years ago about the adventures of a schizophrenic and his stories of an invisible sky wizard who created everything
You fail to understand. God is not a single humanoid entity, existing somewhere outside of our perception, with the ability to communicate speech and/or ideas to humans of His choosing. God is Truth, He is the force that created this Universe and everything within it, a force beyond human comprehension. Those whom "God speaks to" are people who pray or meditate to the point where they submit their body, mind, and spirit to God, fully rejecting any petty human notions of doubt, suspicion, incredulity, or hesitation... and they briefly perceive a sliver of Truth, of God, and instinctively know they must share this Truth, this Word of God, with everyone else.

The Bible is indeed something like a game of "telephone" between the actual Prophets and us, having gone through millennia of translations, adaptations, revisions, and so forth... yet what harm is there in reading it and seeing how the distorted words of our forefathers apply to us today?

(ctd.)
>>
>>131307279
>How do I into the Catholic faith?t. A Catholic that knows nothing about their own religion

Pray before you sleep. Go to Mass. Read the new testament DRhems. Have a think about the ethical logic expressed in the catechism. Try and do small acts of charity
>>
>>131307679
Thanks, friend.

Any reading you'd recommend other than the Bible and the Catechism?
>>
File: 1495072625297.jpg (77KB, 537x591px) Image search: [Google]
1495072625297.jpg
77KB, 537x591px
>>131306104
>>131307605
People shit on Christianity, especially Catholicism, for adding customs of man, including influences from Pagan traditions and rituals, to the word of God in the Bible. This is a feature, not a bug. By being Christian as a white person, especially an American, you are taking part in the culture that guided the white man to progress over the past 2016 years, which, despite having origins in the Middle East, also contains aspects of the various cultures of your forefathers.

If you're white and atheist, you're rejecting your culture. If you're white and "Pagan", etc., you're embracing the culture of your distant forefathers, but rejecting the enlightenment that Christianity brought them.

The Hispanic people have done something similar -- they've integrated Catholicism into their culture, and vice-versa.

>Christianity is a jewish scourge upon the western world, and the root of hyper-empathetic liberal ideology. It glorifies weakness and submission while vilifying strength and self determination.
This post must be trolling because this doesn't make any logical sense. The degenerate SJWs marching in the streets in favor of "diversity" and "queerness" and whatever the fuck other progressive liberal bullshit is in vogue this month have zero interest in or affiliation with Christianity. Many of them were RAISED Christian, and it is only from having REJECTED their Christian roots that they end up as the brainwashed, feminized, docile slaves they are today. The hyper-empathetic nature of the modern world is a result of having unprecedented levels of instantaneous communication with the rest of the world in our pockets and not having brains (and societal norms) evolved far enough to properly handle everything this entails... and the Jewish exploitation of the overly-xenophiliac nature of the white race.
>>
File: french army ww2.jpg (132KB, 1280x844px) Image search: [Google]
french army ww2.jpg
132KB, 1280x844px
>>131302535
Amen
>>
File: christianity-in-a-nutshell.jpg (29KB, 458x305px) Image search: [Google]
christianity-in-a-nutshell.jpg
29KB, 458x305px
>>131297325

muslims raping and killing you? jews stealing from you and trying to destroy your race?

just remember, no matter the circumstance, though shalt not kill, or you will spend eternity in hell for it

just be like jesus. turn the other cheek. like a good goy. and you will find salvation in heaven (not)
>>
File: IMG_3709.jpg (89KB, 638x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3709.jpg
89KB, 638x1024px
>>131297325
I consider the Orthodox Church our based bros.
but you're right the rest is pure kikery and heresy.
Pic related.
>>
File: 1495073621970.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1495073621970.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>131308001
Find a nearby church, and ask someone there (a priest, or perhaps someone who works in the office there) about Bible study classes. I attended one a few months back and it was amazing. It cost like $15, and that was just the cost of the book we received. We met in the evening, once a week, for a couple of months... we watched a video series, and had group discussions and free food. Between classes, we were told to read a certain portion of the Bible in preparation for the next week -- nothing hard, just short passages. Then, next week, the video series would contextualize the Bible passages, help us to better understand them, and then we'd discuss our thoughts and feelings on what we'd read and how the video contextualized it.

It was an amazing experience, it helped strengthen my faith considerably, and also, even though I'd already been redpilled on the JQ, it made me better understand WHY the Jews are the way they are even to this day.
>>
>>131297999
Nice song and checked.
>>
Question for Christbros. I want to read the Bible, but I can't get through the ye olde English in the KJV. Is there a translation of the Bible more comprehensible to plebs like me?
>>
File: 1418337049230.png (149KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1418337049230.png
149KB, 218x265px
>>131302749
>Yesterday I was preparing some food and I had a small cylindrical container of toothpicks. Looking at the container from the top, I tried to guess how many toothpicks were inside -- I guessed about a hundred. When I checked the number on the side of the container, it said that it contained 250 toothpicks. This helped remind me that, as humans, aside from the occasional idiot savant, we truly lack the ability to comprehend large numbers. I know that a non-zero number of people will read this post, but how many? A handful? A few dozen? A few hundred?
>>
>>131308525

christcucks can't refute this.
>>
>>131309212
>Christian
>Catholic Pope
Pick one faggot.
>>
>>131297325
omg what a beautiful woman. makes me feel like a fag getting feels since she looks like my ex
>>
File: 1495070025434.png (86KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495070025434.png
86KB, 1500x1200px
>>131308525
*googles "Thou Shalt Not Kill"*
first result: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_kill
>Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew: לֹא תִּרְצָח lo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah,[1] specifically Exodus 20:13 and Deuteronomy 5:17. The imperative to not kill is in the context of unlawful killing resulting in bloodguilt.[2]
>
>The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also contains prescriptive imperatives for lawful killing in the context of warfare, capital punishment, and self-defense.
wow that was real fuckin hard anon
>>
>>131309212
Jesus turned the other cheek because back then hitting a man with your left hand was seen as humiliating.
Also the bible allows self defense.
Now leave you faggot paganistic (((nazi)))
>>
>>131309212
you don't need to follow the 10 commandments to find salvation. how about you read the Bible and the Word of God before you speak?

FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD! IT IS BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH ALONE, NOT THROUGH WORKS LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST!
>>
Actual theme thread
https://youtu.be/E3eODmwrnoU
>>
Catholics are worse than atheists.

Lutherans and Calvinists are the only real Christians.

Orthodox Christians are bro tier but still teach wrong theology.
>>
>>131308313
>If you're white and atheist, you're rejecting your culture. If you're white and "Pagan", etc., you're embracing the culture of your distant forefathers, but rejecting the enlightenment that Christianity brought them.
Holy fuck, I cringe at the stupid shit you write as well as at the austistic picture of your post.
>>
File: IMG_4114.jpg (159KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4114.jpg
159KB, 640x640px
>>131309804
Pls try harder next time
>>
>>131309804
Top kek.
Blasphemy, anyone who is not Orthodox cannot even refer to them selves as Christian.

You are all heretics.
>>
>>131309903
>they say the follow Peter
>they dont do what he said Christians should do
>>
File: 1495070494308.jpg (92KB, 829x589px) Image search: [Google]
1495070494308.jpg
92KB, 829x589px
>>131309891
I really hope you don't actually think you can cause me to question my beliefs, which are the result of much introspection, study, questioning, and meditation/prayer, with a simple disparaging remark utterly void of content aside from insult and dismissal.
>>
Was the mother mary a whore who cheated on Joseph and to cover up her affair she made him think the child was from God?
>>
>>131310120
Explain
>>
>>131310942
No.
>>
File: 1439930811820.jpg (46KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439930811820.jpg
46KB, 400x500px
>>131309891
These religious general are pretty shit and full of autistic people. The orthodoxy one was run by a tranny that couldn't stop spamming.
You should probably filter them.

Top of front page of /pol/, click Catalog.
Above the boards, to the right click 'Filter'. Then 'Add'.
Put this under 'Pattern':
/(Catholic|Christian|Orthodox?y) General/i
Put 'pol' in the boards, and check the 'Hide'.

For 4chanX, add this under Settings -> Filter -> (Dropdown) -> Subject:
/(Catholic|Christian|Orthodox?y) General/i;boards:pol;
>>
>>131311049
It is not physicaly posable to have a child whitout sex at that time
>>
>>131311413
God can. Ever read the Bible? She was conceived by the Holy Spirit.
>>
https://youtu.be/hgmziIipu98
>>
>>131311971
Bach is the grandfather of Death Metal.
>>
I am baptised and confirmed catholic, now starting to attend Orthodox after trying several prot denominations. I feel orthodoxy is the way. Jesus Christ said the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church. If the Pope is involved in high level Satan worship and there is an epidemic of pedophilia within the church all over the world, I would say the gates of Hell have prevailed against the catholic church and thus it is not the church of Christ. I currently believe orthodoxy is the only way and the catholic church is the beast and the Pope is the harlot. Prove me wrong, as I am genuinely open to someone with a sound explanation against this as I honestly just am not sure any more. I know Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. But which Church, if any, has not been corrupted?
>>
>>131310942
Have fun burning in Hell, degenerate
>>
>>131312170
The fall of The Kingdom of France opened the gates of chaos in Europe.

Simple.
>>
File: 1445714598635.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1445714598635.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>131309903
>you are a rock upon which i will build my church
>therefore ten centuries from now, popes can teach whatever they want and it will be true! they can even teach its ok to kill people! they can completely contradict everything i ever said because they live in Rome and are called Popes
>>
>>131312355
That doesn't really answer my question nor defend the Catholic church.
>>
>>131312064
Delet this
>>
>>131312459
The Kingdom of France was indeed the defender of The Church.
>>
>>131312538
When it suited us tbqh
Richelieu was no Saint Louis
>>
>>131312538
Elaborate on what you're saying please
>>
File: Westaboo.jpg (27KB, 555x444px) Image search: [Google]
Westaboo.jpg
27KB, 555x444px
>a bunch of larpers squabbling over who's interpretation of an increasingly irrelevant religion is correct

Also does God watch me jerk off?
>>
File: Saint-Louis.jpg (89KB, 380x507px) Image search: [Google]
Saint-Louis.jpg
89KB, 380x507px
>>131312663
*white smoke appears*
>>
File: 1495072425844.png (91KB, 200x324px) Image search: [Google]
1495072425844.png
91KB, 200x324px
>>131312368
>they can completely contradict everything i ever said because they live in Rome
see: >>131309522
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (163KB, 1416x769px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163KB, 1416x769px
who gettin' ready for Armageddon?
>>
>>131312538
What is the true Church
How have the gates of Hell not prevailed against the Vatican
If the gates of Hell have prevailed over it, how is it the Church
What does France have anything to do with anything I'm asking
>>
>>131312712
I do not function this way. I'm working on something new.
>>
>>131297325
My family and i just started attending mass weekly. RCIA starts in September. Pray for us
>>
File: francois francois.jpg (36KB, 531x432px) Image search: [Google]
francois francois.jpg
36KB, 531x432px
>>131312825
wow read the sermon on the mount and the new testament its almost as if jesus addressed this exact point its almost as if you are meant to read the whole bible and not just the old testament
>>
>>131312790
Watching people like you try to repent when the end is upon us is going to be even more cathartic than watching the leftards and (((media))) flail about Trump
>>
File: Scorpio.jpg (335KB, 877x800px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpio.jpg
335KB, 877x800px
>>
File: Taurus.jpg (43KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus.jpg
43KB, 300x262px
>>
File: feel.jpg (104KB, 796x744px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
104KB, 796x744px
>did a good deed today
>in the liquor store
>>
>>131312958
aka you have no argument to defend your beliefs nor any desire to win someone to your Church
Yikes... Making it look even worse senpai
>>
Mary was raped by Tiberius Pantera.
>>
>>131313042
Are you threatening me, master Jedi?
>>
>>131313159
alcohol is halal
>>
>>131297325
I'm an atheist, but I have an honest question: what is Catholicism? How it's different from other expressions of Christianity?
>>
Christ-chan must be raped
>>
>>131313262
Catholocism: Black Coffee
Protestantism: Pumpkin Spice Latte
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (58KB, 273x448px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
58KB, 273x448px
>>131307117
>all this heresy
The RCC is truly the Whore of Babylon.
>>
File: 1497953499006.jpg (85KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1497953499006.jpg
85KB, 600x848px
>ITT Jewish Adventures II: Return of the Jew
>>
thinking about buying a bible. then again, I just could read a pdf on my phone and call it a day but it's just not the same.
>>
>>131313371
Aware I spelled it wrong
>>
>>131313371
I think it's accurate as analogy because the pumpkin spice from Starbucks is supposedly cancerous.
>>
File: Free decal!.jpg (558KB, 1872x3328px) Image search: [Google]
Free decal!.jpg
558KB, 1872x3328px
>>131313409
This one is my favorite. It even comes with a free skateboard decal
>>
>catholic/orthodox thread

>every post has an idol

you cant make this shit up
>>
>>131311691
Fine semen the holy spirit had. If so. Did he combine the proteins and the molecules to make a spermcell and injecting that one spermcell in the mother mary´s eggcell?
>>
Catholics are no better than Kikes
Corrupt pedos tainting old religion for liberal causes
Prove me wrong
You can't
>>
File: ChristChan - 136.png (708KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ChristChan - 136.png
708KB, 1280x720px
>>131313033
By that logic:
>27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of
>old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
>28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh
>on a woman to lust after her hath committed
>adultery with her already in his heart.
Welp, guess we're all going to Hell forever, gg, wow Jesus was a douche, He just condemned every man ever.

Of course you're meant to read the whole Bible, it's a book of guidance, glimpses at the Divine Truth. However, the Bible is not a list of rules on a sign by a public pool, it's not a list of exactly what you should and shouldn't do... it's deeper than that. I wish I could spend more time trying to help you understand.
>>
>>131312339
If god kills millions in the old testament and the devil only 10. Who is the real bad guy in this fairytale?
>>
File: shirt-jebus.png (299KB, 426x444px) Image search: [Google]
shirt-jebus.png
299KB, 426x444px
>>131297325
what does evangelizing for your cult have to do with politics?
>>
File: 1498014160746.jpg (157KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498014160746.jpg
157KB, 720x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai6ZozG1S7c&bpctr=1498425048

here's some good christian music
>>
>>131313033
you can believe and be saved by just reading the new testament, but youll always be an idiot without reading the old
>>
So where is the Cross that held up Christ?

Where is it, really?
>>
File: Download.jpg (6KB, 188x266px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
6KB, 188x266px
>>131313520
that's an interesting design. I assume that's how they try catering to the youth. either way, looks cool.

I was looking at this one on amazon but people are reluctant buying it because the flower emblem looks a bit like a reversed pentagram. you know, not really a smart design choice so I'd rather prefer your chrome cover + tribals design over that anyway.
>>
File: siuq3w2.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
siuq3w2.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>131313713
really gets those synapses firing
>>
File: Download (1).jpg (6KB, 160x266px) Image search: [Google]
Download (1).jpg
6KB, 160x266px
>>131313993
gonna go with pic related instead. it's a bit cheaper and more lightweight too. so great for travelling.
>>
The dutch just released scans of Eleonor of Aquitaine's psalter
https://galerij.kb.nl/kb.html#/en/psalter/page/3/zoom/3/lat/-42.293564192170074/lng/1.58203125
>>
File: Inner city bible.jpg (440KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
Inner city bible.jpg
440KB, 1520x2688px
>>131313993
Get the pentagram bibble. It's the coolest one. I prefer the urban youth bibble tho

>>131314069
AH SHIT NOT HATS
>>
>>131306561
>galatians
>what Jesus said
Top kek, proddies can't tell the difference between the gospels and epistles.
>>
>>131313520
It looks like a book that is designed by old people who think this is wat young people like
>>
>>131313220
Off with your Jewish heresy.
>>
>>131314244
Ya but if atheists and evolution are so smart why does it come with a free skateboard decal?

CHECKMATE FAGGOTS
>>
File: 9bdbf9ecd8fb470da2d0331659eaa4c1.jpg (317KB, 978x1536px) Image search: [Google]
9bdbf9ecd8fb470da2d0331659eaa4c1.jpg
317KB, 978x1536px
>>131297325
Hang in there brothers.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoris.
>>
>>131314158
the blue one is all leather and does look great.
but I'm gonna stay with red one I think.
>>
>>131313972
In all honesty probably rotted away by now.
Maybe it's still around somewhere by some divine miracle, like incorruptibility but for wood, but short of an act of God it would be impossible to even determine if a cross dating from that period is the true cross.

It's not like the ark of the covenant were we know what it looks like, what it's made of and have some possible locations for it.
>>
>>131314516
>>131314516
>>131314516
You've got shit taste, psuedo-krautchan
>>
>>131297325
Ideologies are for human comfort,feelings,fantasy,dreams and working-efficiency, the left turned this and know were pretty buttfucked. You Need to go full radical, modern Homos are Socialist marionattes, Gayness is a kink, they made it an Ideology. They replaced Religion and then destroyed it's values. If you think that Religion is for doing what the Religion says you are seriously cognitively inferior. It is to Keep us in a specific line. So stop larping.
>>
>>131306514
I hate how much pandering the church is doing to try to attract the young crowd. They need to stick to their doctrine because Generation Zyklon is the future
>>
>>131314677
there are other factors such as format and font size that's supposedly better in the red one. some reviews say that and it's cheaper too. it's just a damn bible and what's inside counts.
>>
File: 1494436480661.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
1494436480661.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>131314818
>It is to Keep us in a specific line

where did I hear that before...?

oh yes
>>>/r/eddit/
>>
File: Extreme Faith.jpg (39KB, 301x475px) Image search: [Google]
Extreme Faith.jpg
39KB, 301x475px
>>131314882
>>131314882
You guys probably should be pandering to the kiddos, Christianity is hemorrhaging followers in the west.

>>131314998
What about the EXTREME FAITH bibble? I like that one

>>131315070
pls stop posting hats, it repels us
>>
File: DCnauTWXYAAvxyL.jpg (126KB, 1073x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DCnauTWXYAAvxyL.jpg
126KB, 1073x1080px
Latin Mass brothers, search for it and attend if you have the possibility. Also, one Rosary and Breviary a day keeps the sin away.
Laudetur Iesus Christus
>>
File: 1497350088376.png (615KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1497350088376.png
615KB, 600x450px
Presbyterian Church of Scotland here. I believe in God the Almighty and his Son and our Saviour Christ Jesus. Why do I need to join the Catholic Church? I take communion once per month, go to Chuch on Sunday each week, love Christ and pray to the Father in His name. I seek the truth about life and want to become closer to God. Tell me why I need to eat the symbolic body of Christ each week and do works as a requirement to be saved. Salvation is God's gift to humankind, His creation, by believing in our Lord Jesus Christ. Our place in heaven will be judged according to our works on Earth. I really don't understand you Catholics, with all your idols and gold and Mary-worship. To me, you seem like idolaters who worship a man on Earth (your Pope), having moved far from Christ's teachings in Scripture. Help me to understand.
>>
>>131314818
>If you think that Religion is for doing what the Religion says you are seriously cognitively inferior.
Proofs?
>It is to Keep us in a specific line. So stop larping.
So is everything. Any form of thought or guiding principle keeps one in a "specific line" even if that line is no line at all. You yourself just said
>Ideologies are for human comfort,feelings,fantasy,dreams and working-efficiency
Which means that what you're saying, you're personal idealogy that "religion keeps us in line" is nothing more than that what brings you comfort.
If there is no deeper truth to life, then life is pointless and/or absurd, and there's no reason to do anything. That seems extremely counter-intuitive to the almost universal search for purpose to life, the inate human desire for meaning. Now perhaps that's just a cruel, if odd, joke of evolution, but even the answer that there is no answer is itself an answer.
>>
>>131309522
That's right. Catholicism is not a religion of peace. It's the religion of the NAP.
>>
>>131314818
You forget the purpose and comfort in relegion. The feeling of belonging with a social group that make it appealing to live the aesthetic life. Also a reason for the things we dont yet know
>>
>>131315512
you are defending relegion and are asking for proof???? That is pretty hypocritical my friend.
>>
>>131315423
>I really don't understand you Catholics, with all your idols and gold and Mary-worship. To me, you seem like idolaters who worship a man on Earth (your Pope), having moved far from Christ's teachings in Scripture. Help me to understand.

Catholics can't base most of their beliefs in scripture. Cardinals and priests and bishops and archbishops and popes and idol worship and so on -- none of it is in the Bible. They also believe in some weird doctrines like baby sprinkling and baby baptism, but that's that. The answer is you shouldn't convert to Catholicism.

Just believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. That is the path to salvation. Not of works lest any man should boast. But he who does good in this life shall be called good in the kingdom of heaven, and those who do not shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven.
>>
>>131300264
>ego trip
That's exactly how I look at the Orthodox Patriarchs being too prideful to accept the Pope's primacy.
>>
>>131315423
>Tell me why I need to eat the symbolic body of Christ each week
It's not symbolic, the statement "this is my body" means "this is my body" not "this is a symbol"
>and do works as a requirement to be saved.
Because Christ commanded such (see Matthew 7:21, Matthew 21:28-31, Luke 8:21, John 5:29) and because it is through doing good works that the world becomes closer to God
>Salvation is God's gift to humankind
Yes, but it still has requirements. You yourself admit that you at least need to "have faith," so why on earth does one extra requirement seem outrageous.
>His creation, by believing in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Once again, wrong. Salvation requires faith AND works.
>Our place in heaven will be judged according to our works on Earth.
And if you lived an abhorrent Godless life, you have no place in heaven, no matter what you say you believe. I could say I believe in ethno-nationalism, but if I simultaneously race-mixed, helped illegals cross the border and so on, only a fool would say my claims are based off of true belief.
>>
File: Romper.jpg (84KB, 980x1445px) Image search: [Google]
Romper.jpg
84KB, 980x1445px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q19qRUBj-ic

Would you guys BTFO children and heretics?
>>
>>131315821
>make a claim regarding the intelligence of religion without offering any proof
>expect not to be called out
>>
File: warrington.jpg (206KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
warrington.jpg
206KB, 1200x799px
THREADLY REMINDER THAT SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM SAYS:

>For those faithful or priests who request it, the pastor should allow celebrations in this extraordinary form also in special circumstances such as marriages, funerals or occasional celebrations, e.g. pilgrimages

THEREFORE, IF YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR PARISH WANT THE LATIN MASS, LIKE PIC RELATED, THE PRIEST CAN AND SHOULD COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST, AND CAN DO SO WITHOUT ASKING OR TELLING THE BISHOP
>>
>>131315946
There is no primacy in Christianity. Thats what you dont get. Jesus himself walked among the peasants, a pope sits on a golden throne.
>>
>>131316115
>Salvation requires faith AND works.

WRONG. Salvation is the gift of God, for we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

>For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jesus even answers this question himself:

>Not every one that saith unto me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from me"
>>
why do you people talk good of genocides in the bible and still think the morality of god is good in the bible? do you happily support genocide of innocent children? why is the bible the word of God if he is clearly not all loving in the bible?
>>
File: BPope.png (83KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
BPope.png
83KB, 500x694px
>>131315423
>symbolic Body of Christ
Pic semi-related. The works prove that our faith isn't dead and we actually follow Him and His Word. This was the case with Luther when he complained in his later writings about social degeneracy observed in lutheran communities.
The only person we worship is our Lord Almighty, we hold the saints and Maria Semper Virgine in reverence. There is a difference between God's worship (latria) and veneration of Mary, saints, relics, etc. (dulia).
>>
>>131316296
religion is based on not having proof. Non the less relegion is an intelligant construct but a verry out dated one. It is based on morals dating 2017 years ago
>>
File: Apotheosis_of_George_Washington.jpg (2MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Apotheosis_of_George_Washington.jpg
2MB, 2016x1512px
Psalm 82

A psalm of Asaph.

1God presides in the great assembly;

he renders judgment among the “gods”:

2“How long will youa defend the unjust

and show partiality to the wicked?b

3Defend the weak and the fatherless;

uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.

4Rescue the weak and the needy;

deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

5“The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.

They walk about in darkness;

all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6“I said, ‘You are “gods”;

you are all sons of the Most High.’

7But you will die like mere mortals;

you will fall like every other ruler.”

8Rise up, O God, judge the earth,

for all the nations are your inheritance.
>>
>>131314222
>we should ignore paul
retard

also
John 3
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
>>
>>131316591
>WRONG. Salvation is the gift of God, for we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
That is not in any way contradictory to what I said. Having good works does not mean "being sinless"
>>Not every one that saith unto me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from me"
Like I said, it does require faith.
But Jesus also says, in the verse preceeding that very verse:
>Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."
He clearly states you need to "do the will" of God, not just proclaim faith by saying 'Lord, Lord".
So like I said, it requires faith and works, not just and not just works.
>>
>>131317098
oyyyyyyyy veyyyyyyy
>>
>>131317098
>It is based on morals dating 2017 years ago
Morals don't change overtime, unless you're professing relativism, which is absolutely retarded,
>>
File: 1484471319773.png (50KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484471319773.png
50KB, 417x500px
>>131316459
Have you heard of the Ravenna Document?
Please keep in mind that using silly strawmen doesn't really help to make your case. It also shows how ignorant you are of what the papacy really entails.
>>
>>131317321
For example, imagine a father reading portions of the Bible to his son back in 1610. He comes to Leviticus 27:3-7:

Set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel; 4 for a female, set her value at thirty shekels; 5 for a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekels and of a female at ten shekels; 6 for a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekels of silver and that of a female at three shekels of silver; 7 for a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekels and of a female at ten shekels.
This father would have just told his son that women are worth less than men. Back in 1610, that might have been an acceptable moral view, so he thinks nothing of it. But zoom forward to 2012: a father reads the same passage to his son. Surely he must say something about that passage, lest he wants his so to think women inferior.

Should you choose to personally re-interpret this passage as being morally acceptable, that's fine, but there are numerous other passages in the Bible which suitably demonstrate my point just as well. For example, it's generally understood in the modern world that beating our children with a rod (Proverbs 13:24, 20:30, 23:13-14) is a little... "Old Testament", to say the least. Even if you still think beating your children is okay, I doubt you think it's okay to kill them if they talk back (Leviticus 20:9, Deuteronomy 21:18-21, Mark 7:9-13, Matthew 15:4-7, Exodus 21:17). I doubt most of you still support slavery, which is supported in both the Old and the New Testaments (Matthew 10:24/24:45-46, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-4), or find it okay to give your daughter as a slave ("maidservant" in some of the prettier editions). Let's be real here, there are passages in the Bible which contain morally questionable messages; this isn't a bold claim.
>>
>>131317321
>>131317773
Morals do change and have changed over time.
>>
>>131297325
Dont use leviticus to justify this op, people start jumping on you about the jewish traditions also found in leviticus. There are plenty anti-homo verses in the New Testament. Try to avoid quoting the Old testament, those are the Jewish traditions, not the catholic ones.
>>
I have just read the Romans and the chapter 14 is some metaphore that denominations doesn't matter as long as we believe in Christ? Pls help, I'm dumb.
>>
>>131318068
Listen, as long as you have faith and do good works, you're fine. That being said, Catholicism is one of the only denominations that still believes this.
>>
>>131317990
morality and what is "right and wrong" are two different things
dumb enlightenment faggot
>>
>>131317773
I see.
And what makes any of those things, slavery, beatings, killing and so on, wrong?
Why shouldn't I do them from your point of view?
>>
>>131318351
morality

noun
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour.
"the matter boiled down to simple morality: innocent prisoners ought to be freed"
synonyms: ethics, rights and wrongs, correctness, ethicality More
a particular system of values and principles of conduct.
plural noun: moralities
"a bourgeois morality"
the extent to which an action is right or wrong.
"the issue of the morality of the possession of nuclear weapons"
>>
Never, ever go to r/Christianity guys

>Atheists
>Muslims
>Faggots with literal rainbow crucifixes in their flair
>"I've been (((Christian))) all my life, but I think gay people go to heaven! We should let them get married, too! What are you, a bigot?"
>"Drumpf is the anti-christ!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!1111one!!!!1"
>>
>>131317990
If morals are subject to change then they are no longer "morals," they are just socially acceptable behaviors.
And if that's all morals are, then it's idiotic to follow them unless it suits me.
>>
File: 1480259382202.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1480259382202.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>131318529
what exactly were you thinking when you made this post?
>>
>>131318638
Never go to any site that begins with r/
>>
When I was a boy Father Nelson gave me a special sacrament for boys.
My behind bled for three days.
He said it was the holy blood of Christ.
>>
>>131318986
Please dont, we aren't proud of that.
>>
>>131318476
Happiness requires it (Aristotle)
Acting immorally is irrational (emanuel Kant)
>>
>>131318778
bad copy pasta
>>
>>131319083
What if killing makes me happy? Ir beating people up?
If morals are what makes me happy, and those make me happy, are they not moral.
Also, why should I want to be happy?
>>
>>131317154
Maybe you missed the part about "and come short of the glory of God"? You're a sinner, I'm a sinner, and if it were up to us, we would all burn in the lake of fire, but thank God that Jesus Christ died for OUR sins. In Romans 3:10 the Bible says "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one". You and I are not righteous, and only through belief in Christ can we be saved -- for God commanded his love to us, and while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

When they ask what they must do to be saved in Acts 16:30, this is what the Bible says:

>And brought them out, and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved"

The Bible is replete with this crystal clear doctrine. John: 3:16, the most famous Bible verse, could not be clearer: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

>He clearly states you need to "do the will" of God

I agree, but what is the "will of God"? Well, read John chapter 6. John 6:40:

>And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
>>
File: 1493514419002.jpg (337KB, 1025x725px) Image search: [Google]
1493514419002.jpg
337KB, 1025x725px
>>131299941
>Posts Byzantine iconography
>Still thinks Orthodox Christians are heretics

Idk man, but my church leaders aren't the ones going off about global warming and blm, so let's talk about your pope and his apparent agenda......
>>
>>131319191
the definition? because all you've done if demonstrated i was right about you only having an enlightenment understanding of these issues
>>
>>131319337
Wut lol, what you are defing as happiness(pleasure) isnt the same as morality. What makes you feel good isn't always moral.
>>
File: 135314536134.jpg (61KB, 704x456px) Image search: [Google]
135314536134.jpg
61KB, 704x456px
Repostan from a thread earlier this week:

The Lord's prayer.
What a magnificent gift to us. Unlike so many prayers and formulas given to us throughout the history of the Church, it is the only one given to us from the mouth of Christ himself.
Occuring in a passage in which Christ demands simplicity and humility in prayer, this prayer could be considered the perfect prayer.
Its importance is acknowledged by the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which states that it is "the summary of the whole Gospel". And indeed every Christian of every denomination across the entire world revers these words. It is one of the few unifying elements that brings all Christians together. As children, we are taught to recite the prayer off by heart.

We, of course, have a tendency to recite the prayer without considering the weight and meaning behind every line. And what a lot of people don't realize is that within this prayer contains one of the great mysteries of the faith. A mystery that has perplexed scholars and doctors since the days of the early Church. This mystery lies within the line Matthew 6:11. "Give us this day, our daily bread". This familiar and seemingly innocuous line is what caused such controversy, and to understand why, you need to go back to the original Gospels, written in second century era Koine Greek.
>>
>>131319572

The adjective that describes the bread, what has been translated as "daily" from the original Koine Greek texts of the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, is "epiousios". And "epiousios" is an unusual word for the Evangelists to use because of it's rarity. It is so rare, in fact, that across the entire corpus of all ancient Greek literature ever written, the word is known to only have ever been used twice. Once in the Gospel of Matthew, and once in the Gospel of Luke. Both in the context of the Lord's prayer. And this presents a problem. We understand the meaning of words by how they are used in various contexts. But we don't have that with "epiousios". So scholars can never fully be sure of what the word means.

The Lord's prayer. The one prayer given to us by the Son of God himself, what many consider to be a summary of the faith, contains a mysterious word that no one can be fully certain concerning it's meaning.
"Epiousios".
The word mystified scholars for centuries. Even the great Christian scholar Origen, who was a native Greek speaker and lived a mere century and a half after the Gospels were written could not recognize the word, nor be fully sure of its meaning.
All scholars can do is look at the word, compare it with similar words, break it down to it's components and try to ascertain the meaning that way.
>>
>>131319630

In the english speaking world, we know "epiousios" as daily. Using "daily" comes from scholars breaking down the word into "epi" ("for") and "ousia" ("being", or traditionally, "substance"). So the bread is "for [the day] being" i.e. "daily". While this is plausable and certainly the most recognizable translation into English, a burning question remains. Why use such a rare word, a word that was probably made up, to describe such a mundane concept as "daily"? Especially when a more sensible Greek word like "hemeran"(daily), which actually does occcur numerous times in the Gospels, could have been used?

Despite it being the "standard" translation into English, and the translation we use in our prayers, most scholars consider the word "daily" as being an imperfect and innacurate translation of "epiousios".
>>
>>131319654

So operating on the logic that the writers of the Gospels would not use such an exotic word to describe something mundane, that has led many to a conclusion. On that day, on that mountain where Christ gave that fateful sermon, he uttered a word in whatever language he delivered the sermon in, whether it was in Hebrew or his native Aramaic, that has no equivilant in Greek. And the writers of the Gospels were forced to create a new word in order to convey his teachings. This leads us to the next most common translation.

"Epi" can also be read as "super" or "above", and as noted above, "ousia" can be used to describe the philosophical concept of "substance" or "essence". So it has been argued that the word means something close to "supernatural" or "super-substantial". And indeed, this was the translation favored by St Jerome in his famous translation of the Bible into Latin, known as "The Vulgate", where in Matthew, he uses the word "supersubstantialem"("super-substantial"). However, he must not have been sure about the translation, as evidenced by the fact that he translates the exact same word in the Gospel of Luke as "quotidianum"("daily").

The "super-substantial" interpretation was eagerly embraced by the early Church as they believe it foretells the institution of the Eucharist. The early Church, as well as the modern day Catholic and Orthodox Churches, believe that at the liturgy, the "substance", or the "ousia" of the bread changes in a supernatural process to that of the body of Christ.

This translation is supported as the official translation by the Catholic Church. But as mentioned before, no one is certain of the true meaning. And this translation has been challenged.
>>
We NEED to protect are sacred relics!
>>
>>131319695

The debate continues. Researching "epiousios" online will lead you to many theologians, historians, and armchair scholars all offering information and their own interpretation of the mysterious word. The word and it's appearance in scripture remains one of the most enduring problems of the faith.

It can be frustrating knowing that such an immensely important element of Christianity, the simple prayer we are to utter as commanded by our savior himself, contains a meaning that will remain a mystery to us. But Christianity is a faith full of mysteries.

If anything, it can serve as a reminder that we shouldn't take things at face value, and that we should stop and meditate on all lines of scripture, but especially the Lords prayer, which we have a tendency to mindlessly recite without giving importance and weight to each line.

Next time you recite our Lord's prayer, recognize that each line contains mysteries, and treat them with the same reverance and awe as the enigmatic line that was discussed above.
Accept the mysteries of the faith, mysteries we won't know until the last day, And put faith in God as you petition him for our "daily" bread.
>>
>>131319525
Never said as much. The other anon claimed that morals are required for happiness.
>>
>>131319754
That is true, spiritual happiness, not bodily "happiness."
>>
>>131319367
>I agree, but what is the "will of God
To be "perfect, as your Heavenly Father is Perfect"
That's what Christ says in matthew Chapter 7.
>>
>>131318750
>If morals are subject to change then they are no longer "morals," they are just socially acceptable behaviors.

Almost. They should be the most loving thing.and also my interests matter but tothers’ interests matter as much as mine

>And if that's all morals are, then it's idiotic to follow them unless it suits me.

No
>>
File: DEUSVULT1.jpg (126KB, 770x615px) Image search: [Google]
DEUSVULT1.jpg
126KB, 770x615px
>>131306104
>daddy in the sky strawman

nigger tier bait, atheists are weak
>>
>>131319938
>They should be the most loving thing
And what is that? And why should morals be the most loving thing instead of the most hateful thing?
>and also my interests matter but tothers’ interests matter as much as mine
Why? Says who?
>no
Why not? Because you don't like it. Just telling me no isn't giving a reason
>>
>>131319892
Then lets suppose that murder is the only thing that brings me "true spiritual happiness"
>>
>>131319520
because you dont seem to know what the word morality means
>>
>>131319902
Can you be perfect? No, of course you can't, only Jesus was perfect.

That chapter and quote has nothing to do with salvation. Of course we should follow God's laws and do as he wants, but we don't have to follow those laws to be SAVED, being saved is an entirely different process, which can happen through faith alone, not works. We should strive to be perfect but WE CAN NOT BE PERFECT, only HE is good.

Don't confuse the commandments and the laws in the Testaments with salvation.

The entire Gospel of John is just replete from page to page with the doctrine of eternal security. And when SPECIFICALLY MENTIONING what the will of God is, he mentions believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
>>131320313
Why would it do that, morality isn't individualistic.
>>
>>131320219
>And what is that? And why should morals be the most loving thing instead of the most hateful thing?

Morality is the distinction between good and bad behaviour. are you arguing that you need someone to tell you that you should do the bad behaviour?

>Why? Says who?
Kantian Ethics

>Why not? Because you don't like it. Just telling me no isn't giving a reason
>>
>>131320969
Why wouldn't it? Why should murder not bring one true spiritual happiness?
>>
>>131321074
>Morality is the distinction between good and bad behaviour. are you arguing that you need someone to tell you that you should do the bad behaviour?
No, I'm simply asking why I should do as you say. So far all you've given me is "because this guy says so"
>Kantian Ethics
And why should I listen to kant over anyone else? Because he agrees with your position?
Also, kantian ethics litteraly boil down to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," which is the golden rule.
So that would negate your claims about the OT morals earlier, because by following the golden rule one would conclude those things are something we should do.
But that's besides the point, you still haven't given any reason for why I shouldn't kill besides "because Kant says so"
>>
>>131321105
You're taking the life of another human being, spiritual happiness is something you obtain from good works, which benefits you in the afterlife.
>>
File: 1476238425141.png (1MB, 1072x736px) Image search: [Google]
1476238425141.png
1MB, 1072x736px
>>131320316
>attack anon for having the wrong definitions
>continues to spew enlightenment bullshit
>"it's you who doesn't understand"

really makes you think
>>
>>131297325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27WIvSM9fw
>>
Three K's a day keeps the niggers away!

If you're 100% European descent aka white and you hate filthy niggers, dirty spics, ugly kikes, arabs, furfags, gayfags, commiefags and all other scum on the earth (including weeaboo degeneracy!) as much as we do, you should join the Moon Central Discord Server. Introduce yourself in #nsfw-introductions to get un-kiked!

https://discordapp.com/ - invite/ - cpZ7VFx (Remove the - )

1, 2, 3, 4 We declare a race war!
Join us and hang a nigger today!
>>
>>131323230
>joining a kike ip honeypot aka discord server
>>
>>131297325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COiHGmTaUT8
>>
File: 1495379560318.jpg (2MB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1495379560318.jpg
2MB, 1500x2250px
>>131324578
Beautiful.
Never heard religious chant accompanied with such string instruments.
Does this style have a specific name?
>>
>>131324578
I love this
>>
>>131325461
Best I can do
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_of_the_Sibyl
>>
File: 1498319067615.jpg (76KB, 633x633px) Image search: [Google]
1498319067615.jpg
76KB, 633x633px
>>131313222
well I mean just by being white I am threatening to you jews, but no, I'm letting you know you're going to look like a real asshole when the Truth is revealed and you realize how stupid it was to reject your own salvation
>>
File: 1495379917731.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1495379917731.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>131326251
Well, thanks for that my friend. I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN4ymWnjCkc
>>
catholics are shit
>>
>>131297325
Just one point though.
The seventh day is Saturday.
Check the Bible.
I am not buying this Sunday shit.
>>
File: Coat_of_arms.png (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Coat_of_arms.png
86KB, 600x600px
I really should remember to turn of my meme flags after funposting.

>It's not lying, I swear!
>>
File: Silence-New-poster-2.jpg (291KB, 1124x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Silence-New-poster-2.jpg
291KB, 1124x1500px
>>131297325
Anyone seen Silence? What did you think of its ending ?
>>
When the Israelites were worshiping false gods, GOD did not look the other way. Moses did not look the other way. The Catholic Church is infested with evil that kidnaps and trafficks children for sexual exploitation, abuse, and murder. The fellow criminals to the Church criminals deal arms, drugs, death, and suffering worldwide. Catholics are dogmatic, and taught to revere the Church as a Holy institution. IT IS HOLY NO MORE. GOD WILL NOT DWELL WITH SUCH PEOPLE.

Tough titty if this hurts your Catholic feelings. People in your church are hurting innocents around the world, and you shield them. YOU SHIELD THEM FROM JUSTICE. YOU OFFEND GOD. YOUR NAMES WILL NOT BE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE IF YOU DO NOT REPENT AND DRIVE THIS EVIL OUT.
>>
>>131297325
Aw yiss man, gonna fap to this bitch tonight. Got a name for her?
>>
At work but

>>131327899
Fix your degenerate shit for yourself and those around you.
>>
>>131327819
This is all true. If Catholics would actually read the Bible they'd understand that the RCC goes utterly against the teachings of Jesus. They've invented their own bizarre religion.

Matthew 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
>>
>>131328659
Fix your trip, tripshit, and post sauce.
>>
>>131327819
Don't play holier than thou, hypocrite.
Especially when you employ strawmen and false accusations in your critique and refuse to disclose the denomination you belong to.

AND STOP SHOUTING!
>>
>>131303384
Same here anon. was a good message over all. only thing to fear is Gods judgment.
>>
>>131328659
Haven't seen you post in a while.
>>
File: Jesus_wants_you_to_eat_grass.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_wants_you_to_eat_grass.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>131328924
>If Catholics would actually read the Bible

If protestants weren't complete heretics who literally ripped entire books out of the Bible, they would not have to resort to ancient libels.
Maybe they would even stop eating grass as a form of worship.
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.