[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equal?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8629.jpg (143KB, 953x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8629.jpg
143KB, 953x501px
Can anyone explain to me what equivalency in the U.S currently exists on the new right that is what postmodernism is to the left? (No Muh religion shit)
>>
File: 1439222622326.jpg (45KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439222622326.jpg
45KB, 300x400px
There is no equivalence to be on the new right you aren't required to learn a new dialectic and read a certain group of authors and subscribe to their exact beliefs

you can pretty much just be sick of old Republicans and all liberals and be apart of the new right

Post-modernism is self-deception and Marxism reincarnated as a set of social sciences and academic cult.
>>
>>131288177
Hypersincerity. It manifests in a mirrorlike way comparatively, violence, overreaction, flawed reasoning and seemingly justified fury.

David Foster Wallace was a victim of the end of Post-Modernity, he wrote an end to an era, spoke of new sincerity as the next movement. Purity of essence and despite knowing the deconstruction of all morals and meaning, going on in spite of it, adhering to ethics though they mean nothing, religious zealotry though god is dead.
He proclaimed that art would reflect this new sincerity. I think it has in one particular piece very well known.

Fight Club. What's more sincere than a fight? No lies can be told there, none should, none need to be. The violent urge to live a double life, the inner conflict of the sincere man and the man lying to himself. The cynic and the Ubermensch.
Anyway, that's just my take on it.
>>
File: catlady.jpg (60KB, 623x745px)
catlady.jpg
60KB, 623x745px
>>131288177
Gays/Lesbians hate straight people
>>
I like your analysis of it however wouldn't the push of identity politics from the left be the "justification of said violence (identity politics teaching identity politics) still be a result of the left?
>>
>>131291659
Justified violence may be a response to the left's identity politics, but they themselves would be a response to percieved affronts in hate speech or even laws that obstruct abortion. something along those lines. the violence would continually beget violence and is an example of the similarities instead of a shift of blame.
>>
also it's obvious that identity politics aren't exclusively the left's. the far right is just as wrapped up in it to such an extent that it was doubtlessly just as foundational as it was for the left.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.