[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still never understood the reasoning why certain Christian

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

I still never understood the reasoning why certain Christian and Muslim branches (and maybe there are branches of the other major religions that I have not heard from) who are in such stringent opposition to evolutionary life. And it has to be more than just taking the Bible literally, for example, because even a modern day Christian fundamentalist Evangelist pastor would admit that the one passage in the Old Testament "... and upon the wings of God I was shown..." does not mean God is a creature with literal wings.
>>
>>131242643
Non-denominational Christian here. I agree with your observation in regards to not everything in the bible should be taken literally, as there are plenty of metaphors. For instance, in a scripture regarding boasting about righteous acts, it says to not let one of your hands find out that the other hand helped another person.
Matthew 6:
". 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,"

If people studied the Hebrew word used in Genesis, they'd comprehend that yom is utilized throughout the bible thousands of times, in addition to the word being translated to cover various units of time, ranging from days to week, months, years, and unspecified periods of time, etc. Also, what humans consider time to be, would be different to a higher power. As time wouldn't be mesurable to the higher power if they are infinite.
>>
>>131242643

>and upon the wings of God I was shown
Dude Psalms is full of allegories and all kinds of figures of speech. Genesis however they take literally. They 100% think evolution contradicts the bible which makes evolution wrong. The bible is foundational to their thought which makes it very difficult to change their minds.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.