[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How won't UBI be used to usher in a new era of dystopianism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: obeyFinal.jpg (99KB, 2230x1743px) Image search: [Google]
obeyFinal.jpg
99KB, 2230x1743px
Has any UBI fag ever addressed how to prevent the government from using the threat of UBI withdrawal to create an authoritarian dystopia? What's the stop them from just threatening to take away your ability to eat if you don't toe the party line?

The fucking fags on reddit who have a hard-on for this shit don't seem interested in addressing this question.
>>
>>131190048
This.

Imagine the uproar if they suddenly went "all UBI receivers will be subjected to random drug testing, effective immediately - your benefits will be revoked subject to urinalysis findings"

They wouldn't be so keen on it then
>>
>>131190048
It's such a big issue that it basically invalidates guaranteed income outright.

And I say this as someone who otherwise supports the idea.
>>
>>131190216
Lol the concept of just not smoking weed so that they could have guaranteed free income for life is probably so abhorrent to them it would destroy all support for it overnight.

Being able to sit around and smoke weed all day is probably a large part of the appeal to most redditfags.
>>
>>131190048
depends on how they'd handle it
while i personally dislike the idea, as i see it would be something that would allow you to get a shitty shared apartment in a commie block and just about enough food to survive and be able to work
this way you wouldn't see welfare QUEENZ and KANGZ mooching off but there won't be an excuse to be a homeless bum because "muh system"
>>
>>131190216
>not just buying fake urin and a fake penis to pass the drug test

come at me bro
>>
File: 1485831781926.jpg (96KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1485831781926.jpg
96KB, 650x650px
>>131190048

UBI is part of Agenda 21. People do not forward think or look at problems inherent to society in logistical terms.

It is no mistake that UBI is being pushed now as automation and AI control of vehicles and systems loom on the horizon.

There will be control of movement, control of where people live, control of the energy they use and the content they consume.

The population will be at the full mercy of the government and will operate within the parameters that are set for it. Resistance to this will just make sure you wind up being re-educated or being used for manual labor.
>>
>>131194169
>People do not forward think or look at problems inherent to society in logistical terms.
>logistical terms

Can you explain what you mean by this?
>>
How is it any different from any other type of welfare?
>>
>>131195252
The idea being that literally everyone gets it, even people that would be self-sufficient based on their incomes anyways. You'd still be incentivized to get people to pay you for your labor because any additional income you make on top of that would increase your ability to maintain a wealthier lifestyle.

Of course libs are retarded and they'd still probably scale it so that people get paid more according to their "needs" and the whole thing would fall apart as people clamor over one another to claim disabled status so they can have more gibs
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.