[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why roman empire isn't taboo like Nazis or CSA?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: rum.jpg (97KB, 432x401px) Image search: [Google]
rum.jpg
97KB, 432x401px
Why roman empire isn't taboo like Nazis or CSA?
>>
>>131174913
Why should it?
>>
>>131174913
Jews
>>
>>131175020
It was based on slavery, exploitation of provinces and pointless atrocities.
>>
>>131174913
Because being against civilization would make you barbarians, they paint nsdap as anti civilization barbarians.
>>
>>131175220
So it made people useful for society, elevated and civilized most of Europe and what "pointless atrocities"?
>>
>>131174913
>>131175220

You should have figured out by now that these "problems" are only problems in majority white countries which exist today.

This is not about logical consistency. It's about genociding white people by any means.
>>
its best we keep rome under wraps

dont let the goyum talk or think about rome lest they see why it fell
>>
>>131174913
Because it ended 1500 years ago, they were successful at it during their time, and they weren't autistic in achieving these things like the Germans were.
>>
Beacuse killing enemies, retarded and strangers was pretty normal, at the time.
>>
>>131174913
Because we're aspiring for their decadence.
>>
>>131175771
They were more barbarian than Germans.
>>
>>131175020
They had slaves and killed kikes too
>>
>>131174913

Much of our law and political systems in general is derived or inspired by the Roman ideas of such things. It failed to remain Rome but it succeeded in passing forward its legacy. Rome did not get conquered in the literal sense but rather consumed itself from inside out: its people were ruined, not its ideals. Whereas Germany lost their claim to ideology during WWI and II, being subject to massive sanctions that did not come from their own people but from outside. They were quite literally conquered, and only the conquerors have any claim to culture.
>>
>>131175903
This doesn't make sense, Romans learned Greek, unlike German barbarians
Being a barbarian means you don't speak Greek
>>131176016
And?
>>
>>131176142
Latin, you miserable uneducated faggot, not greek.
Stupid asshole.
>>
>>131176677
The term comes from Greek and was used to indicate non Greek speaking populations
>>
File: index.jpg (16KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16KB, 305x165px
>>131175140
Usually it is good explanation, but not this case j00z don't have many reasons o love ancient romans.
>>131175526
It still more applies to Third Reich, they at least were caring for working people. In Rome, slaves were working for unproductive city plebs, and degenerated plebeians. Slave owner could rape and mutilate his property. What was the point in burning Carthage and slaughtering its inhabitants , instead of leaving it as subject? What was the point in homicide of Dacians or Gauls? What was the point in bloody spectacles?

Maybe at the begin I didn't made my point clear. I don't want any part of history to be taboo. I would like people to talk about it without any prejudices. But still, I don't like while in common imagination nazis are seen almost as metaphysical evil romans are the god guys. They were not so different.
>>
>>131174913
because it never fell.
>>
>>131175220
Like the entire world back then
>>
Can anyone recommend some good reading on Rome?
>>
>>131175220

If you even knew history, it was much less so than all other societies at that time.

Slaves (and citizens in general) in the Roman Republic, had on average more rights and a better standard of living than in any of the Hellenistic kingdom, Eastern potentates or Celtic tribes.
>>
>>131177124
Ok slavery was almost everywhere. But for Persians weren't half as genocidal. And Carthage preferred to trade than to exterminate. Romans weren't even good for their times.
>>
>>131177464
>Persians weren't half has genocidal
It's the opposite, Romans were far better than Persians, only jews and religious celts hated them
>Carthage preferred trade
They engaged in a hundreds years long race war with Greeks in Sicily. They literally wanted to genocide every single greek on the island, and Syracusa started to genocide every shitskin as a response.
>>
>>131177812
Could you give example of Persian oppression?
>>
>>131178534
Could you give an example of Roman oppression? They killed druids (some hundred of people) and jews (they basically were ISIS, they even committed terror attacks in non-jew cities), I can't evoke anything else
Celts loved them after some years, Italians loved them for most of their history, Iberians too, Greeks extended the empire for another millennia, Egyptians didn't gave a fuck
>>
>>131176142
Those are literally the only reasons Nazi Germany and the CSA are demonized
>>
>>131176142
I thought I read that "Barbarian" meant Beard-Bearing.

Or Bearded?
>>
File: 1498147170158m.jpg (67KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498147170158m.jpg
67KB, 576x1024px
It was civic Nationalist
>>
File: 1490472726727.png (357KB, 2534x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1490472726727.png
357KB, 2534x1540px
>>131179282
>when you can run a civic nationalist empire composed of italians, celts, shitskins and greeks but germanic people are too difficult to work with and destroys your empire
>>
>>131179257
>>131179257
Barbar is like Barber.

A Barber in the U.S. cuts hair and beards.

Perhaps Barbarian means "In need of a Barber"?

Or maybe...

That Faggot needs a hair-cut, and a shave?
?
>>
>>131178912
Sure.
http://necrometrics.com/romestat.htm
>>
>>131179257
>>131179545
barbarian is literally "bar bar", a mocking of non-greek languages
Romans called jews "mutilated" cause of circumcision too
>>
>>131175020
Rome was the first fascist empire to exist. And fascism is taboo
>>
>>131174913
it happened a long time ago.
>>
>>131179833
Isn't the point of fascism, to mobile all the social classes to pay maximal effort? Romans were artificially supporting litteral leisure class.
>>
>>131179715
>romans
>civil war
>killed in combat
I see no genocides here, it's normal ancient warfare. In the same years the Three Kingdoms Wars in China leaved 40 MILLIONS dead in 100 years
>>
>>131179715
WW2 alone completely eclipses those numbers in just 6 years
>>131179716
This, the bar bar was what foreigners sounded like to the Greek
>>
>>131179474
Germans were the niggers of Rome.
>>
>>131175220

Very maschilist also
>>
>>131175020
they killed jesus tbqh
>>
>>131174913
Roman Empire was run by jews you dirty anti-semite
>>
>>131175020
Because they were a proud, powerful nation of FUCKING WHITE MALES

And they killed Jews like no one else. After the Bar Kohkba revolt they wiped Judea off the map and caused the diaspora. They didn't fuck around
>>
>>131180400
What about slaughter of inhabitants of Carthage, or civilians killed or enslaved during Gallic Wars? What about enslaving one hundred thousands of Dacians by Trajan? Still I don't see how Persians were worse.
>>
>>131181716
Shit happens
>>131181437
Jews killed Jesus
>>
>>131181437
Jews killed Jesus
Poor Pontius Pilate, he only saw a bunch of shitskin wanting to execute one of them for some shitskin reasons about their shitskin religion that inspired them to revolt every time a pig took a shit
>>131181716
Mate, EVERY empire did this things. Carthaginians killed 150.000 greek civilians in two years during the wars against them, and I'm only focusing on the worst period. And nobody cared even in Greece, only Syracusa cared because they were next. Destroying the cities of the enemy was normal in conflicts between different ethnic groups. The fall of the evil Rome was far worse than Rome itself, and every non-islamic people that was in the roman empire before the fall regret the Empire at the point of roleplaying it with the HRE.
>>
For the sake of integrity i must say that Sardinia and Corsica hated Rome with passion and it took Rome centuries to stop the rebellions
But then again we hate everyone equally
>>
>>131182404
As I know Persians were not even close to Romans. So the only difference, was that allegedly Germans were the only one who did it in XX century?

I don't agree the fall of Rome was so bad. By this time usage of money, cities and trade was practically no existent. Patricians with their latifundia were self-sufficient. State was using slave's work to support enormous bureaucracy and welfare. Normal paid work was replaced with colonate. Almost soviet system. If centralise roman power wasn't replaced by feudal system, cities and capitalism wouldn't rise. In the east situation was sightly better, but still Arabs have conquered it so easily, because population preferred new masters, who demanded lower taxes.
>>
>>131179474
based germanics are lovers of freedom will never be slaves
>>
>>131183867
>For the sake of integrity i must say that Sardinia and Corsica hated Rome with passion and it took Rome centuries to stop the rebellions
And Sardinians still hate Roma/Italy!
>>
>>131182404
>Carthaginian savages
Carthage must be destroyed
>>
>>131186343
>savages
It was Phoenicians who made Europeans civilized.Even word "Europe" came from name of Phoenician princess.
>>
>>131177124
Same excuse could be used for the Confederacy. And the Nazis weren't all that unique in their cruelty among their contemporaries either, see: late Ottoman Empire, Empire of Japan, the Soviet Union, etc.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.