[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Allegory for the absurdity of man

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>There is unrest in the forest
>There is trouble with the trees
>For the maples want more sunlight
>And the oaks ignore their pleas

>The trouble with the maples
>And they're quite convinced they're right
>They say the oaks are just too lofty
>And they grab up all the light
>But the oaks can't help their feelings
>If they like the way they're made
>And they wonder why the maples
>Can't be happy in their shade?

>There is trouble in the forest
>And the creatures all have fled
>As the maples scream 'oppression!'
>And the oaks, just shake their heads

>So the maples formed a union
>And demanded equal rights
>'The oaks are just too greedy
>We will make them give us light'
>Now there's no more oak oppression
>For they passed a noble law
>And the trees are all kept equal
>By hatchet,
>Axe,
>And saw
>>
One of my favorite rush songs and a very true one at that
>>
>>131168065

P apt title. Everyone wants to argue over if this song means anything in specific but frankly it can be applied to most scenarios that include power dynamics.
>>
>>131168065
from each plant according to its own ability and to its need
>>
Holy shit! Talking trees!
>>
>>131168485
It's obviously a heavy handed metaphor from the Ayn Rand worshipping drummer though he claims he just wrote a song based on what would it be like if trees behaved the way humans did. They're both equally valid. Only pretentious hipster twats use phrases like "heavy-handed metaphor" anyway. I like rush even more now that irony and cynicism have failed us so hard. Rush made positive, introspective music and never did drugs or screwed tons of women. They're a band /pol/ should get behind imo
>>
>>131168065

Thank God for captain autismo himeslf Neil Peart who Ayn Rand to heart so he could write prog music and bash the shit out of his drums
>>
>>131169224
Maybe if they didn't suck
>>
>>131169335
hearing Pratt talk about people makes me tear up and sniffle. I feel those same feels.
>>
Is Geddy Lee /ourjew/?
>>
>>131169224
You can argue that, but it also relates to the Bolsheviks and even BLM shit can be compared to it. That's why I think this dudes thread title is apt. This argument is inevitable when theres a power dynamics between 2 groups.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.