[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do millennials hate HOA?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 41

File: 9JLkoPw_d.jpg (72KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
9JLkoPw_d.jpg
72KB, 640x427px
Why do millennials hate HOA?
>>
They can't afford to pay for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (20KB, 453x517px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
20KB, 453x517px
>>131162574
What.
>>
>>131162859
Hand Osteoarthritis is redpilled
>>
>>131162859
This.

The fuck are you talking about OP?
>>
>>131162574
Does anyone like HOAs? An overpriced bureaucratic agency where you have to follow stupid rules. Nice flag
>>
>>131162859
my money's on Horn of Africa
>>
Because the think it's the bee's knees to live in the nasty inner city.
>>
My subdivision has nearly 2000 houses and mine is $60 a month. They are making a fuckload of money. The golf course is pretty shit, but the pools and stables are ok. Hate paying that shit
>>
>>131162859
The top one.

HOA is shit because it allows your neighbors to tell you what you can do with your own property. Wanna build a tree house for your kids? You can't cus your faggot neighbor two blocks down thinks it is an eyesore and will bring property values down.

More than two cars in your driveway? Get fined.

Go on vacation and the grass grew a little too high? Get fined.

If you don't ever want to do anything on your own property and spend your jewbux on (((insurance))) for the neutral grounds in the community go right ahead. I'm happier without.
>>
>>131163074
so why do they hate the horn of africa? racism?
>>
File: 1430355325124.jpg (86KB, 906x799px) Image search: [Google]
1430355325124.jpg
86KB, 906x799px
>>131162574
houses cost a lot of money and ill be damned if some bored fat housewife tell me what to fucking do with my house. In theory its great in practice its a bunch of bored losers on power trips.
>>
>>131162574
Depends on the kind of HOA and how expensive it is. Here's a description of the worst kind
>Paying $1000+/month mortgage
>Responsible for all upkeep of lawns
>Can only plant specific plants
>No lawn decorations, flags, or signs
>House can only be one of 6 colors
>Need permission from HoA to build or install new structures or additions
>Leaders of the HOA are insufferable, unwavering pricks that treat the neighborhood like their personal kingdom
>Pay $500/month in perpetuity for the privilege of living there
>>
>>131163374
lol even the HOA in the country club here is only $250.

Most neighborhoods are 60-80 but paying to throw away your freedom is some medieval bullshit.
>>
>Not being part of a negro repellent association

It's easy to follow the rules if you've got the correct amount of melanin. Or do you want to live an in integrated community free from hate and resale value?
>>
>>131162574
>Yet another shitty millenials thread
Sage this garbage everywhere you see it lads
>>
File: hot tech asian.jpg (292KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
hot tech asian.jpg
292KB, 1050x1400px
>>131162859
I've got 20 dollars on Op's HOA is the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
>>
>>131162574
i want to impregnate that Swiss Miss
>>
Because they're all fat and retarded and have nothing better to do than to tell me I'm planting the wrong color tulips on my front yard. On top of that, I can't build a fucking swimming pool in my back yard because it's not aesthetically pleasing and old Deloris across the way might start complaining.
>>
File: bad-tree-house.jpg (36KB, 420x340px) Image search: [Google]
bad-tree-house.jpg
36KB, 420x340px
>>131163318
>build a tree house for your kids
I hate HOAs but they serve a purpose. Otherwise, every neighborhood would have that one house where the crazy owner decided to build a wall around his property out of used tires.
>>
Because I'm a redneck. My beat up pickup will stay in my yard. I bought my home just out of an hoa. The house behind me has to pay, my street don't. All the benefits without the rules. In that hoa just mowing your grass isn't enough. It had to be well maintained and mostly green with bare spots requiring irrigation and correction via sod, seeding or some other bs
>>
>>131163318
Wow that's retarded. The whole point of buying a house is to be the master of your own domain. There are appartments with lots of space and your own garage and parking space and backyard and cellar, but you never have real freedom as you share a building with other people.

Why buy a house and then still hand those freedoms over
>>
>>131165252
Don't live in Broke Redneck Estates and you won't have this issue. Your example stops happening in the $160k+ housing bracket. You can buy that on the income of pizza delivery.
>>
File: Why does Millenials thread.jpg (3MB, 4100x10000px) Image search: [Google]
Why does Millenials thread.jpg
3MB, 4100x10000px
>>131162574
Obligatory post.
>>
>>131166393
steveo was a way better millennials meme man
>>
>>131162574
it drastically fucks up the ability to improve the community without bureacracy

my HOA in laguna beach wants to add a fucking olympic size sqimming pool and build a multimillion dollare gate/guard house. im already paying property taxes of hundreds of thousands just to see the fucking ocean, why do I want more money out of my poxket?
>>
>>131162574
because HOAs are shit.
>>
I hate a lot of the rules for most but I can see how they can good. Abused to hell by old people though so fuck HOA
>>
They are mostly ruled over by boomers.
>>
>can't water lawn due to water restrictions
>grass dies
>get fined or threatened with legal action

>remove tree from your yard
>you need 3 trees though faggot

>you missed one section of edging

>your cookie cutter house isn't cookie enough
> get fined or threatened with legal action

>anything they see that isn't correctly in place

>trashcan on street a little too long

>cars in driveway or on road

Boomers are the HOA. They are cancer. Literally some old 80 year old sweatsuit wearing granny walking her dog with a notepad to complain. Threatened them with legal action before and they relaxed a little.
>>
>>131169946
They told me to remove the tree too. Money out of my pocket to be "up to code" then 3 months later they said I needed another tree. Fuck.. (((them)))

t North Austin fag in suburbs
>>
I don't hate them. I see them as a necessary evil to keep the trash away and they have to be strict and firm otherwise people wont obey them.
>>
>>131170334
They're tyrannical old people though
>>
>>131169946
>can't take it any more
>burn down the neighborhood
>storm the house of the head of the HoA
>blow their skull across the room with a shotgun
>turn gun on self
>peace at last
>>
>>131163318
Then buy a house that isn't in a HOA development? Nobody's forcing you.
>inb4 but I want to live in that house over there, just get rid of the stupid HOA
>now you're the one telling your neighbors what to do
>>
>>131162574
because you foremost never own your property. stop paying taxes and see how quickly it's taken from you with any money you invested/paid for the property being completely forfeited. then you have to deal with local ordinances, where depending on the area might be so strict that they'll even require you to get a permit if you want to change a door. so to agree to on top of all that have a group of shitheels that dictate what color and type that door has to be is pure retardation, and if you don't listen to them they can fine you, then put a lien on your property and take it away from you.
>>
File: sage-plant.jpg (89KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
sage-plant.jpg
89KB, 615x615px
>>131162574
1 post by this ID
/thread
>>
>>131170644
Most of them are republics afaik
>>
>>131162574

I dont know what HOA is but Id really like them to ban this fucking faggot who keeps posting this one girl and why do millennials do X
>>
>>131171308
So? Most old people with power abuse it.
>>
File: housingbubble.png (89KB, 1159x770px) Image search: [Google]
housingbubble.png
89KB, 1159x770px
>>131162574
>>
If you own the land can't you just tell the HoA to get fucked and do what you want?
>>
Yeah I hate hoa, if I already paid for the condo why the fuck am I still paying money
>>
>>131169946
Kek I walk through a driveway to go home and some bitch with a dog gave me shit because it was 'private property'

It just sounds like entitled cunts who think anything they own is paved in gold
>>
>>131163374
poople like it tho.we like the freedom but they love the peace of mind. it is a great thing to have if you have a 2 year old or a dog
>>
>>131171438
no, by buying in a HOA area you agree to follow their rules at closing. they can fine you, and if you don't pay the fines they can put a lien on your property and have it taken away from you.
>>
>>131171772
Top tioer kikery right there, fuck having any kind of system like that.
>>
>>131164374
Now tell me that she's not asking to be raped.
>>
>>131164374
Shit, I raided with them in EQ like 16 years ago. Some good folks.
>>
>>131163360
this. great in theory, garbage in practice
>have to get written permission to plant a bush
>>
>>131163318
I've seen worse.
>wrong color flowers in your front yard, get fined.
>the roof of that tiny shed you built in your backyard to put your lawnmower in is slightly visable from the street, get fined.
>we only allow bronze colored window tint on homes, you installed carbon, get fined.
>that 1964 Chevy truck you bought needs a paint job AND is more than 10 years old, get fined twice.
>>
>>131166993
Hire an editor.
>>
>>131163552
down the street from me it's $3k/yr
>>
The HOA I live in charges more than 3k a year and offers nothing I use or want as a benefit. It's a scam.
>>
>>131162574

Nothing says slavery like home ownership. Get with the times.

It is the exact opposite of freedom:
>You own a mortgage, not a home
>you are subject to far more liabilities
>you have to fix everything/account for every problem in the house... plumbing, roofing, electrical, misc. appliances, paint, upkeep, cleaning, neighbors, safety, cable, utilities
>you are now at the whim of local government taxes
>the government can seize your house under certain situations
>surprise! the local government taxes will only go up
>If you aren't careful, you lose everything
>the economy can flip and you can't make payments on the house you """own"""
>it can probably be taken by an ex lover, for whatever reason
>the neighborhood can change within 5 years
>literally a slew of other problems can come up and you are fucked

Nomadism is the new normal. You don't own your home, the government does.

THAT and the prices are so fucking absurd you might as well just pay rent. On a $300k home, even with $100k down on current rates + taxes you are looking at around $1500 a month in payments. Wow... why fucking bother!? Millennials are also inconsistent as fuck, do you honestly think they can stay anywhere longer than 3-4 years? Get fucking real.

Home ""ownership"" is the ultimate goy scam, and you have to be a fool not to realize it.

A new bubble is here. I saw a 1% down payment home offer three days ago. LOL? New construction is fucking everywhere. I swear to god the only people driving this ""surge"" are leasing agents, dumb males who refuse to listen to logic (and only listen to their dumb wives), and women on government/student loans anyway.
>>
>>131163318
I would never own a home with a HOA. But run properly then can keep the value up in a neighborhood. I prefer to live in a place without a bunch of bums and if a neighbors yard looks like shit, I offer to help. Hell my one retired neighbor brings in my trash cans from the curb for me.
>>
>>131172469

>t. poor person who never bought a house in cash
>>
>>131171004
>now you're the one telling your neighbors what to do
...you dont understand logic, do you? bet you think net neutrality is "government meddling with the internet"
>>
why don't some of you faggots retaliate by planting bushes and painting shit of your neighbors in the dead of night and have them deal with their fines
>>
>>131164529
>actually she's that Alsatian Temptation
>>
File: 1475845439139.gif (518KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1475845439139.gif
518KB, 500x715px
>>131163374

>No flags

FUCKING KIKE COMMUNIGGERS.
>>
>>131162574
Everyone hates HOA. stupid old fucks that tell you what color your mailbox has to be or how many tomato plants you can have in your garden. Always cutting down trees too. Fuck them.
>>
>>131162859
fuck the horn of africa, thinking theyre so smart n shit
>>
I hated my HOA until I recently sold a house I owned for six years and made a $150,000 profit. Without the HOA, one of my neighbors would have made it very difficult to sell the house. She's the kind of inconsiderate neighbor who needs an HOA constantly threatening her or she wouldn't even do basic upkeep of her house and yard.
>>
>>131162574
if the OP is referring to Home Owners Associations in this slide thread that is /b/ tier...

The original purpose of any HOA is to prevent by force lazy fucks who will park derelict cars, have shitty lawns, and leave their houses looking like trash, devaluing the other houses in the neighborhood.

The reality is many HOA's go full nazi mode, which is the result of having absolute power on any level...always....and end up fining homeowners who plant low water grass in drought zones and or fine people with the required high water grass but dont water the lawn due to drought restrictions...or want you to go through a rigorous approval process for minor repairs and landscaping changes.

The monthly fee is typically used to support HOA amenities and communal area care like fancy landscaping on medians going through the HOA subdivision ect.

I live in a HOA area. They tell me when my fence needs to be painted or repaired (like i knew a plank was loose and was saving to replace the whole thing but no i had to repair then paint then replace, and it took 2 weeks for them to approve me replacing the fence with the same style and color as before when i got around to replacing)

Its a stupid waste of money, however, no one in my neighborhood has a trashy yard, house, and everything looks nice due to communal landscaping.

Millennials don't deal with HOA because you cant afford a home on 35k-50k a year that they make and will be making still in 30 years which is how long it takes to pay off a mortgage. Anyway you have to make personal sacrifice often to save for a home which millennials cant do when making said $50k a year and needing to buy the newest $800 phone every other year and buying the over priced compact car with lame tech package and spending $150 a week on organic food ect.
>>
File: 1497884002306.jpg (79KB, 716x703px) Image search: [Google]
1497884002306.jpg
79KB, 716x703px
>>131162574
I dont mind keeping neighborhood niggerdom at bay, it's the bureaucracy that sucks. I had to explain for like 20 minutes to this lady that I was replacing the soffits and painting them the EXACT SAME color as they were before. And mail in a form. And send pictures. And wait like 2 weeks for approval.
>>
File: 1476478857316.jpg (536KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1476478857316.jpg
536KB, 1050x1400px
>>131171975

What do you mean? Shes perfectly modest
>>
if i recall, i believe there are always provisions in the charter to destroy the HOA, but it requires something outrageous, like 2/3 or 3/4 of all "owners" in the neighborhood to agree
>>
>>131162574
Youre doing hoa activities with hoa tendencies .Hoas are your friend and hoas are your enemies
>>
>>131163052
you should reverse your setup for max "really makes you think"
>>
>>131162574
Everyone hates HOA's. Why the fuck would you pay rent to live in your own house.
>>
>>131162574
Fuck HOAs. It's just bored bluehairs with nothing else to do but look out their windows all day and bitch about what they see.
>>
>>131163318
The craziest rule I ever heard was a big ass mansion type home at the end of a hill and they said you couldn't park in the driveway. Bottom of the hill or garage only.
>>
File: IMG_5553.jpg (98KB, 540x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5553.jpg
98KB, 540x704px
HOAs help keep the niggers and white trash in line. Last year, some Damn redneck put up a deer blind on HOA property pointing into other people's back yard.

I pay only about $400 annual and that includes a comfy pool with lifeguards that verify non-HOA members are allowed in.
>>
>>131173317
>devaluing the other houses in the neighborhood
>spending $150 a week on organic food ect.
t. boomer
>>
>>131173618
aren't allowed
>>
>>131170131
literally the exact fucking same thing happened to me what the fuck
>>
File: This_Scumbag.jpg (46KB, 550x729px) Image search: [Google]
This_Scumbag.jpg
46KB, 550x729px
>bought a house 2 years ago
>no HOA
>neighbor has a trampoline in his yard, no one gives a shit
>decide to build deck to use part of the property that is on a slope, on the north side of the house under some trees
meth addict builder asks first question: do you want it with or without permit
with permit the deck is 7ft wide
without permit it's 15 ft but too close to the property line
no HOA, 100ft from the end of the street (cul-de-sac) - no outside traffic
addict tells me I should ask my neighbor if he's ok, just as a courtesy
neighbor literally says "I don't give a fuck"
>people clean the common driveways and the county road in front of their houses
>huge (illegal) fireworks every 4th of July and new years
Love it!

>friend bought a house in an HOA
>moves in Saturday
>Monday morning receives a letter because the grass is too tall
>a year later receives a letter saying that his trees are too tall, he needs to cut them and plant others
>no plant/tree that has fruits; not even strawberries in pots on the deck
he's happy though
>>
>>131162574
I swear that picture was taken in Frederick Maryland.
>>
>Can't keep your lawn green during dry season
>Prison time
>>
>>131162859
Home Owners Associations are shit. Literal Horn of Africa Tier.
>>
>>131173793
>$400 annual
honestly, if you had said $1200, it might have been believable. if you stand by 400/annually, i require proofs
>>
>>131171772
this. I understand the point about making sure no one goes off the deep end and trashes the neighborhood, but I can't stomach someone having the final say on what you do on the property you BOUGHT.

Truthfully, you're basically just renting in an HOA neighborhood. Even if you want to upgrade your property, some asshole in the HOA can hold a grudge and deny it. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>131169946
Don't you guys get to vote on the board or something?
>>
>>131172437
and let's not forget that Lowe's and Home Depot love HOA's because you are obligated to purchase a bunch of shit to keep your grass green all year and your hedges trimmed and trees pruned
it's a massive fucking racket
>>
in CA, if you are lucky enough to maybe get yourself a tiny condo, you end up having to pay an additional 200-500 bucks a month in (((HOA))) fees on top of your mortgage. fucking absurd. the (((HOA))) does minimal upkeep and it's just extortion basically. (((HOA))) is all over CA.
>>
>>131174211
i believe so. it would require a shitload of effort to get the majority of people interested enough to vote for anyone other than the cartel that's been running the neighborhood for decades.

it can be done, but the energy requird would be great
>>
File: 1451958780585.jpg (46KB, 380x618px) Image search: [Google]
1451958780585.jpg
46KB, 380x618px
>>131162574
>>131162859
>>131163318

>mfw I'm the guy that reports all my neighbor's violations

Burn in hell, rulebreakers
>>
>>131173812
>>131170131

Those HOA in cahoots with the construction business. You guys are getting hustled.
>>
>>131163318
>>131172348
damn that sounds great. if you don't like it you should come see what the villages, suburbs and cities look like in belgium, post-war belgium is an absolute disgusting mess
>>
>>131174984
Depends on the HOA.
I live in one and it is a pretty good deal.
But others im sure get screwed
>>
>>131175122
>belgiumis an absolute disgusting mess.
your point?
>>
>>131171412

How can i profit off the next bubble?

>>131172469

Wouldn't owning a houseboat solve some of these problems?
>>
There is no NEEEEEEED for anyone to have more than an 10x10 apartment shared communally. Anything more is treason to the state and should be punished with deportations to labor camps!
>>
>>131175192
my point is that a lot of good rules is great
>>
>>131162574
Because no one likes being told what to do with their own home by some old boomer shitstains obsessed with living in the perfect cookie cutter neighborhood.
>>
File: 1455853710270.jpg (19KB, 179x318px) Image search: [Google]
1455853710270.jpg
19KB, 179x318px
>>131175454
>Wanting the value of your property to drop by Marxist shitstains that want their outside decor to be "original" or white trash shitheads that want to paint a giant steelers flag outside their house

Okay.
>>
>>131162574

>getting written permission to cut a tree branch from continuously protruding into my bedroom window, On my property, from my neighbor.
>paying hundreds a month

Hoa are a scam and hardly do anything for property values.
>>
File: 1483913682618.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483913682618.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>131163318

This.

Its literally a retirement activity for asshole boomers to act like little dictators.

Even if your HOA is the kind that just stays out of your affairs and handles the upkeep of common areas of the neighborhood it could still be transformed into an authoritarian nightmare if enough assholes get elected.
>>
>>131162574
If you ever come onto my property and try to tell me what to do, I will beat the shit out of you.
Ill park wherever the fuck I want.
Ill paint whatever I want what ever color I want.
Ill have whatever type of decorations I want
My house will be whatever color I want.
Ill work on my car wherever I want.
Ill let my grass be whatever height I want.
Ill have whatever foliage I want
This is my property and if you try to take it from the then that will be the last thing you do.
>>
>>131175351
cool, rules are great. now what about the punishments for breaking rules. what is the point of a fine in the case of civil law? what is the point of private parties placing liens on a property they have no ownership of and no work was performed on (contractors liens)? its a silly argument to just say "people must pay me when im offended". breaking these rules are not criminal offenses, and tort law is a fucking racket since these "devaluations" are esoteric
>>
>>131164374

thanks for the calcium , mr skeltal .
>>
>>131162859
Horny Oriental Autists
>>
>>131173429
2spooky4me
>>
>>131175625
it's my property i paid for
sorry you hate freedom, muslim
>>
>>131162574

Because fuck HOAs.
> Oops charlie looks like your lawn has some crabgrass because you worked overtime on friday and couldn't be assed cutting your lawn, time for the banks to repo your house!
>>
>>131175731
Then someone will come and kill you. Then burn your property to ashes.
Just to keep the value of the neighbourhood higher.
>>
>>131171004
Out west its hard to find a place that isnt in one.
You have to enter into a contract for something like 150 years, and it becomes part of the property. If they house is sold, the hoa contract is bundled with the house.
Theyll trick retards and old people into signing up. Dumb old granny gets told to "sign here, its good for the neighborhood" and then the kids inherit a house and property they cant do shit with.
>>
HOA's is for commie scum libtards
Anyone who lives in a HOA is an idiot that doesn't like freedom
>>
>>131176042
Good luck approaching my property without me being alerted first.
>>
Some of the HOA rules I've heard are fucking retarded with no common sense. Only the rules of our apartment blocks comes fairly close to that retardation expect we're protected by the law making those rules illegitimate no matter how many angry notes that bitter cat lady puts up on the board.

I love those home owner meetings. The board only have power tripping old people and they fucking hate me and the rest of the home owners under fifties. We go to those meetings just to fuck with them. "Sorry, can't do that remember the law" is the most used sentence in those meetings. They even had one meeting in secret and came up with all these crazy rules. Shut them up good by reminding them that these rules once again are not just illegal but you didn't even notify rest of us making that secret meeting even more illegitimate than before.
>>
File: lHR6fNQ.jpg (208KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lHR6fNQ.jpg
208KB, 900x1200px
>>131171975
I'm pretty sure she's literally asking to be raped.
>>
is that downtown durham by the ballpark?
>>
File: 1495080711490-diy.png (2MB, 1426x758px) Image search: [Google]
1495080711490-diy.png
2MB, 1426x758px
>>131172469

ID indicates your post is shit tho.
>>
This is essentially communism
>>
>>131171975
>>131176220
She is.
She made skirt and I think a matching bra out of lcds. so that she can randomly turn it see through
>>
>>131176042
nice fantasy
this isn't africa
>>
>>131173891
sounds like your city/township doesn't give any fucks

I don't have an HOA but the city does enforce things and make you get permits, its very streamlined and mostly just to prevent people from doing totally outrageous things. They fine if you if your property looks like shit, but not because of petty reasons like an HOA.

Of course having a strong city/township government does mean a little bit more in taxes.
>>
>>131163052
>>131163200
>>131163318
>>131163360
>>131163374
srsly, I can't even go on. kill yourselves. DO NOT MOVE THERE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE RULES. jfc. I am going to put up a vote at my HOA to erect a wall to make sure we survive when you faggots fuck everything up.
>>
>>131175790
underrated, and fag
>>
>>131172469
And the alternative of renting is literally pissing away the same 1.2-2k / month if you have a family to pay someone else's mortgage. You can't win no matter what you do.
>>
>>131163374
>>Leaders of the HOA are insufferable, unwavering pricks that treat the neighborhood like their personal kingdom

Is this ever not the case though? It's self selecting
>>
>>131172469
wow don't listen to this guy this is awful advice, you will never build any wealth

renting is pissing money down the drain, even if you don't own the house outright and have to take a mortgage you at least have and build equity.

It's a real fucking asset unlike a fucking rented apartment

just don't be retarded and buy some fucking mansion and struggle to meet the payments
>>
>>131162574

I love HOA complaint threads, they're the slightly older version of tipping threads. Don't like begging for tips? Get a non-wageslave skillset.
Don't like HOAs? Don't buy a HOA house. Geez.

Really, its twofold:

1) Don't buy into a HOA community unless you agree with their standards. You bought in because you loved the restrictions on others... but now you're chafing at those same restrictions on you? Go fuck yourself.

2) Be active in the HOA. They only become tyrannical because moderately-minded dumbasses like you don't participate at all, leaving only the extremist tyrants to run the show. Go to the meetings. Get on the board. Quit whining and do something.
>>
>>131177629

My god, seeing the differences between renters and homeowners drives my poor ass crazy. Renting a two bedroom apartment for $800 a month in a town of less than 20,000 people, while a nice two bedroom house in a quiet neighborhood only cost about $1,200 a year in taxes once you own it.
>>
>>131164374
I thought that was a dick between her legs.
>>
>>131162574
Because they don't keep out niggers and other undesirables.

They just take my money and threaten to take my house away every-time my dog takes a piss.
>>
>>131163318

Fuck the (((value))) of home. You should be living there, not waiting to an opportunity if some retard buys it for even higher price.
>>
>>131163318

It keeps the riff-raff out.
Who moves into a town with a bunch of rulers they don't agree with in the first place?
>>
>>131177862
its all fun and games until the HOA puts in lien on your house for something retarded

>>131178030
You just need to have a down payment and a job and decent credit, thats it.

If you bought a house in the 100-150k price range you could pay what you pay in rent or less pet month
>>
>>131171975
>asking
>raped
That literally makes no sense. You don't need to ask for me to rape you.
>>
>>131177862
>Don't buy into a HOA community unless you agree with their standards.
good luck finding housing that isn't under an HOA in some cities and areas
>Be active in the HOA. They only become tyrannical because moderately-minded dumbasses like you don't participate at all
the problem is that functional people that have full-time jobs and families don't have time for this overbearing small-town style political bullshit which is why it's overrun by jobless retirees and drunken housewives
it's basically a microcosm of why smart, functional individuals aren't involved in politics because they are out working real jobs in the economy
there's an old quote about those that seek out political jobs are the ones that are least fit to govern
>>
>>131178217
Don't own a dog then, faggot.
>>
>>131178711
>Don't own a dog then, faggot.
found the non-white.
>>
>>131176220
Did the pajeet behind her got lost from his Designated shitting street?
>>
>>131178311
I know a lot of people who moved in agreeing with the rules but didn't realize how insane and petty the nothing-better-to-do HOA would be about things allowed by their own rules

Its bored houswives and power tripping retired boomers and specifically design everything to shut out 9-5ers
>>
>>131178801
Nah I own horses, nigga.
>>
File: 1496315720482.jpg (78KB, 687x598px) Image search: [Google]
1496315720482.jpg
78KB, 687x598px
>>131176220
>>
>>131173506
underrated
>>
>>131177629
>buying a house
>market goes to shit like it did in 2008 (there is a massive bubble right now as it is)
>you're now underwater on your house
>bankruptcy

fucking idiot

houses are NOT an asset
>>
File: IMG_8251.png (114KB, 680x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8251.png
114KB, 680x559px
>live right behind gated community with HOA
>my house doesn't
>have 1+ acre of land behind our house to fuck off in
>dad builds me a tree house
>lets me play airsoft with friends, buys us all guns and builds us bases
>mom let's me and my friends build atv course and ride through it
>let's us drink beer in woods and have bon fire
>one day a tree hits our fence and makes a hole
>faggot doctor on other side flips out
>foaming at the mouth with faggotry
>bullies us into fixing his fence (my dad was at work just me and my friends)
>tell my dad later
>tells me to ignore faggot rich fag neighbors
>proceed to bust even more holes in fence and throw shit into his yard

Rich people are fucking faggots.
>>
>>131179175
Don't bother, she had zero ass
>>
>>131173429
Is this like some sec resort? What's the name?
>for research
>>
>>131178908
>muh horses
you're the real faggot
>>
>>131179569
He graduated from the BBC to the BIG HORSE COCK, fucking degenerate fuck.
>>
>>131163318
Boomers treat their houses like piggy banks so they love HOAs
their house is just another investment and they don't have any real-life obligations so they are fine with these strict rules to maintain property values
meanwhile millenials don't care about HOA because they can't afford a nice new home with a good value, they're the ones buying old homes in bad areas of town and gentrifying them
>>
File: 1496409335970.gif (968KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1496409335970.gif
968KB, 245x245px
>>131179323
>what are you gonna do? Call the cops over breaking my own fence?
Man I miss being a kid
>>
>>131177629

>houses are an asset

LOL they are a liability in this market, you fucking faggot.

Overpriced SHIT. If you think paying 6x your annual salary just for a roof over your head you are a fucking retard - and great news! The average salary is around $60k, with median home prices around $300k... why the fuck would you ever buy a home?

I swear to god, the only people peddling this nonsense is the real estate market itself. Buying a home is for dumb goys, plain and fucking simple.
>>
>>131165252

>We need bureaucracy to tell us what to do because people can't be trusted to manage their own affairs on their own private property!

Ok, Comrade.
>>
>>131162574
HOA but a lien on my moms house because we didn't pay fine for having a tangelo tree in the front yard.
We countered with a lawsuit for not up keeping the small shitty pool in the neighborhood, and it turned out the landscapers contracted by the HOA were owned by a senior board member who was charging insane amounts.
>>
>>131177026
8 years, faggot
>>
>>131173891
>neighbor has a trampoline in his yard, no one gives a shit

why the fuck would they and why would it not be allowed
>>
>>131177228

"pissing away"

you pay an upcharge while renting for (1) convenience; (2) freedom; and (3) flexibility.

You "buy" a home for (1) the dumb wife; (2) the dumb family; or (3) to "build your assets".

Here's a hint: you don't own your home until thirty (30) fucking years later! THIRTY! YOU DONT OWN ANYTHING UNTIL THEN AND IT CAN ALL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

If truly want to vomit just do the math on a mortgage and the payments. Almost guaranteed you will pay 1.5x the price of the home at closing.

Do some people win? Yeah sure, they are called jews. You on the other hand, are a dumb fucking goy and you have assuredly missed the housing-market boat by a few years, if not decades. Don't buy a home in this market. The homes are overpriced, shitty, and you will become a slave.
>>
>>131162574
Because freedom is important.
>>
>>131176604
>>131171975
If she asks then it's not rape
>>
>>131162574
Very convincing trap, took me a minute
>>
File: 1490467223015.jpg (26KB, 227x275px) Image search: [Google]
1490467223015.jpg
26KB, 227x275px
>>131165913
>$160k+ housing bracket
>live in vancouver.
i literally have no comparison here for what that much money could get you.
>>
>>131180345
When you sign an HOA agreement, you give up some of your rights willingly

A lot of HOA agreements say you cannot have a trampoline in your yard
>>
>>131180360
Imagine being 65 and retired and having nothing to show for it except maybe some meager savings.
You spent half a million dollars on rent in the last 45 years and it's all gone.
Since your rent is obviously way less than your last salary you struggle to pay the rent and have to make cuts instead of being able to enjoy your hobbies now that you have lots of free time.
You also have no idea how to pay for a retirement home in the future.
>>
>>131179293
Alright I don't know anything about owning a house but you're still allowed to live in the house if the property values plummet, right?
>>
>>131171412
Graph by itself doesn't mean shit. It ignores the % urbanization over that time period (it has increased (sub)urban) or the impact interest rates had had on the monthly mortgage payment (with rates being historically low).
>>
>>131180968

Imagine being 65. Where will you be living? Will you be living? What will you be doing? Where will you be working? What is your favorite book? What is your favorite movie? What is your favorite restaurant?

Who did you marry? Do you have kids? Do you have a job? What is your crowning achievement?

Oh you can't predict any of these things?

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>131181244
and if you're young and have to move for a job you are FUCKED

Buying a house made complete sense even if your house value goes to nothing if it meant having enough job security to live in the same place for a long period of time.

That job security no longer exists, especially for younger people. We have to move in order to get better jobs or even find one after a layoff.

This is why you see those commercials like "NewDay" where they give houses to active military, loans of 100% value of the home with super low interest rates. The fact that they'll always be employed means they're locking in that revenue stream.

How much have you actually thought through buying a house? There's really only a reason to buy one if you intend to start a family and/or have extremely secure employment.
>>
>>131181471
Forgot to include the type of "average" house being bought. Square feet have increased, as have the "luxury" features included.
>>
>>131179441
nigger detected
>>
>>131162574
HERESY! Each society has its own word for HERESY!

Communists called all HERESY! fascism.

Fascist Italy called all HERESY! Communism.

Today, the Politically Correct tyranny calls HERESY! "Hate!"

They call people who speak HERESY! names.

You Political Correctness fanatics are playing a very old game.

When you scream HERESY! aka Hate! at people who disagree with you, it says nothing about the point we make.

But it tells us ALL about YOU ANTI-WHITES.
>>
>>131162574
The solution is stop being a faggot and stop having neighbors.
>>
Actual homeowner here, I don't like them because it means I don't ACTUALLY own the property. I can't rezone it, I can't transfer it to whoever I want, fuck that noise. If I want to build a bigass wizard tower in my home to get a decent view of the bay, then by god I'm going to do it.
>>
>>131181567
>There's really only a reason to buy one if you intend to start a family and/or have extremely secure employment.

Pretty stupid argument. Having a mortgage allows you to deduct the interest payments from your income, and that is a huge savings. In fact, due to this tax saving you may in fact be paying less for owning a house than renting. Additionally, if the market is in your favor you have equity being built in the event you wish to sell.

You don't need "secure employment" if you buy in a large metropolitan area with a robust job market.
>>
>>131181567
>How much have you actually thought through buying a house?
Not at all, which is why needed clarification for what you meant. Probably just going to work until I die or save up enough money to live (100 - <My Age>) Years without income.
>>
>>131165718
HOA doesn't actaully have any real power. You can do what you want and if they send a little letter, you piss on it and do nothing
>>
>>131181244
well yeah, but if you dont pay your mortgage, you lose it eventually. there are certain protections if you own at least 20% of your house though.
>>
>>131182068
They sure do try to make your life hell though. In some towns it is law too. You get fined.
>>
>>131182068
They can put a lean on your house.
>>
>>131178907
>If you can't beat them, join them.

Become a bored housewife. Its that simple.
People bitch about other people coming in and ruining their community, like immigrants.
The people that were in the association first, in the community first established rules to live by and the newcomers are bitching?
Its the same argument as gay cakes or gay catholic weddings or women in men's clubs, etc.
People trying to join places where the rules don't fit their character.
>>
>>131181567
>and if you're young and have to move for a job you are FUCKED
THIS.
no one works jobs at the mill down the street for 30 years and retires with a pension and gold watch
changing jobs every 2-3 years now is the norm because no companies promote from within and get bought out, move or go bankrupt and if you want to move up in your field you have to get hired into a higher position at another company using the knowledge you earned at your last company
also, being trapped in a 30 year mortgage is a good way for a company to have leverage over you because you are less likely to tell them to fuck off when they cut your benefits and go to another company in a different city that is offering you a much better benefits package
i have a graduate EE degree and this is the way of the world
>>
>>131182218
>you get fined
don't pay the fine. you can't go to jail for debt in america.

People who respect the HOA are tricked. They have zero power
>>
>>131181969
>Pretty stupid argument. Having a mortgage allows you to deduct the interest payments from your income, and that is a huge savings. In fact, due to this tax saving you may in fact be paying less for owning a house than renting.

With that argument I should go and have a bunch of children for the sake of tax breaks.

>Additionally, if the market is in your favor you have equity being built in the event you wish to sell.

That equity will never add up to the amount you need in order to soften the loss in the event of market downturn.

>>131181969
>You don't need "secure employment" if you buy in a large metropolitan area with a robust job market.

If only that actually existed. I can see you don't own a house nor have to worry about market competition in whatever you do for a living.
>>
File: 1493347165754.gif (378KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493347165754.gif
378KB, 208x200px
>>131181969
>Having a mortgage allows you to deduct the interest payments from your income, and that is a huge savings.
>hurr be a tax-scheming jew! make sure to pay your accountant!

owning a house also includes a litany of hidden costs and fees that most people conveniently "forget" to mention and this supports an entire industry of vultures that provide no real value to anything
>>
File: C24jXVUXcAEP0LH[1].jpg (69KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
C24jXVUXcAEP0LH[1].jpg
69KB, 598x792px
>>131181487
I haven't read a more accurate case of not an argument.
They should put this post in textbooks
>>
>>131171174
This. There's never such a thing as a private contract and there's no such thing as private ownership. There are always three parties: you, the seller, and the government. The third party is the one that is renting the land, etc. to you and the seller.
>>
>>131181567
You know you're still allowed to sell a house for whatever someone is willing to pay for it even if you still have a mortgage on it?
>>
If you are responsible enough to consider becoming a home owner, then you should just follow the rules. These rules drastically affect property values. If it weren't for HOA's every Trayqueese and Pedro would buy a house and park their car on their never-mowed lawn
>>
>>131162574
Their patents house that they live in costs more?
>>
>>131173317
tl dr
>>
>>131182926
>beaner landscapers
>worst lawn on the block
>>
>>131182885
you have to move for work and now you are paying for two residences while also paying some realtor to try to sell your house and the market probably isn't the best for selling so you have to unload your house for a massive loss while paying some real estate jew for the privilege of losing your ass
buying and selling a house is an absolute fucking bureaucratic nightmare
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 482x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 482x330px
I think the statement "even if the rules are strict/ridiculous, you were the one who chose to move there and agree to them" is s very fair one. The problem is regulations made by your HOA are not set in stone. At any given point some bored boomer with a superiority complex can get elected and fuck everything up.
>>
>>131163348
Why can't they love the horn of Africa as much as the Europeans.
>>
goddamn burgers this sounds terrible. I thought you were the land of the free.
>>
>>131182885
>people buy houses that are 1-2 standard deviations over their market value

Moron

That's how we got into this mess
>>
>>131180586
>>$160k+ housing bracket
>>live in vancouver.
>i literally have no comparison here for what that much money could get you.
a one square meter plot of burning pitch in north van.
>>
>>131163052
They keep niggers out, for the most part. You either have to deal with stupid rules or niggers who are too stupid to follow them. Taniqua's choice.
>>
>>131183341
and the fact that most of the rules are subjective like how your yard looks and can be exploited to harass you if the boomer retirees are bored or don't like you
>>
HOA's are a retard trap. It's fine if they exist so long as they aren't formed with some jewish bullshit trick by stealing a neighborhood from a bunch of unwilling, existing occupants.

Fuck property taxes too while we're at it.
>>
File: 1491750339365.jpg (38KB, 349x352px) Image search: [Google]
1491750339365.jpg
38KB, 349x352px
>>131183454
we can own guns but you can't plant a bush in your yard unless every retard drunken housewife in the local politburo signs a legal document allowing you to

what a time to be alive
>>
>>131182601
You save the tax rate on interest, but are still paying interest. A net cash flow loss. That's a con on par with fire sales, save 30%, but still spend more money you otherwise wouldnt!
>>
>>131183628
Yea pretty much. There are usually a million or so absurd bylaws that are never enforced except when the HOA committee decides it doesn't like someone/wants to harass them until they sell
>>
File: 1498319277499.jpg (530KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1498319277499.jpg
530KB, 1050x1400px
>>
>>131183472
don't do that then
>>
>>131165252
And so what, its their property they could build a house made of dildos on if they wish so.
>>
does property value mean anything to me if i plan to hold on to a house until i die?
>>
>>131184118
you're fucking retarded

you're saying I shouldn't do that but that it's also likely that someone else will do that as if I'm somehow smarter than 90% of people

The markets aren't retarded like you
>>
>>131182068
In some places they can boot and tow your car anđ hand the bill to you if you leave it on a jackstand and it's visibly non-functional. They'll put the notice on it the next day if not the very same day and you have to call and tell them how long you're gonna need it there so they can hold off on taking your shit.

HOAs are a money sink for petty stupid power tripping assholes. HOAs are like SJWs with power, thank god I've never encountered an HOA actually run by SJWs.
>>
>>131184392
it only matters to kikes and gooks that want to drum up shekels from real estate speculation
normal people just want a place to live
>>
File: 1497214821040.png (2MB, 8326x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1497214821040.png
2MB, 8326x10000px
>>131162574
authority has done nothing but Jew them for their entire lives, why would they entrust a bunch of "neighbors" that are probably jews to make rules?
>>
File: 1446515535418.png (312KB, 601x595px) Image search: [Google]
1446515535418.png
312KB, 601x595px
>>131179323
I once went out cold from extreme tiredness while driving at 6am in the morning and my car clipped one of my neighbors ornamental mailbox and then I drove right through another shittier one which bounced off my windshield Final Destination style which woke me up. Cops came, no one was hurt, I was freaking out because I didn't know how my neighbors would react. The guy with the shitty mailbox didn't care, just asked me to replace it (which I did that day). The neighbor with the ornamental mailbox came to our house going absolutely nuts about how my car touched his mailbox, even though it was practically undamaged. He demanded I replace it in full, and I'm an accommodating person and felt bad for causing him trouble, so I asked him to send me how much he wanted. He then sends me a request the next day for $450, which seemed absurd, but I gave it to him.

10 years later, he has not changed his mailbox. It's still the same one I clipped. Fucking asshole, I should take a fucking bat to his stupid mailbox and you know what maybe all his 1st floor windows too.
>>
>>131181567
>>131181487
>what are rental properties
>what are property managers
>>
>association extracts $73 a month from every household, maintains like 15 plants and some gravel
>sends me a letter if my recycling can is on the street after 5
>neighbor parks his white trash toys such as RV trailer and boat in front of my house
>association does nothing

It's just a way of transferring money to someone willing to set up an HOA management company in exchange for kickbacks for the builder.
>>
>>131184229
>they could build a house made of dildos on if they wish so
and this is why ancap is a retarded meme ideology.
>>
>>131185363
>rent property out
>pay property manager
>barely make any money off the property after paying property manager
>something goes wrong with appliance/property
>pay out the ass to fix problem
>all while trying to pay for a new property

You do realize that most people don't have enough money to put down on TWO properties right?

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>131180521

that's the whole point of the logic. degenerate rapists justifying their actions by claiming that she really wanted it despite her screams of terror.
>>
>>131172348
Is this a joke? I really can't tell.
>>
>>131185503
yeah, freedom is just so retarded isn't it
the sheer idiocy of thinking you can do what you want with something you purchase and own with your hard work
sheer lunacy

if i have to look at the dumb church down the street with a crucified kike (a fucking execution scene) hanging out front then you can look at my dildo house all day
>>
>>131185991
it's not. they literally have regulations like this
some place like minnesota have problems and there are even documentaries about it

some woman in minnesota built a large detached garage exactly to code but used decorative (not colored) brick that had flower stamps in the side and the HOA was like "nope" and is trying to make her tear it all down

some municipalities governments are completely funded by these fines and suits
>>
>>131163374
>>131163552
so do you have to pay this to live there?

if you don't pay can you do whatever the fuck you want?
>>
>live in rural GA
>own ~20 acres of land outright
>scour craigslist all the time for free and cheap buildings like trailers and campers and sheds
>my own little redneck paradise far from civilization

and yes, I have a used tire wall that acts as a backstop for shootin' guns
>>
>>131186584
>tfw I will never have this
>>
>>131162859
Horse of the americas, those fuckers.
>>
>>131186584
c-can i come over senpai?
>>
>>131186635

But you can, anon. Just put your mind to it.
>>
>>131187115
I'm in IT, I don't have any skills that would be worth anything out in the country
>>
>>131187345
commute
>>
File: 1480905405897.png (149KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1480905405897.png
149KB, 499x499px
>>131177026
>has to vote to erect wall
>>
>>131187345

Find a small town taht doesn't have a computer repair shop. There you go.

That's what I do. Also lucked out that I'm in a small town that has a small college, and kids come in my shop instead of going 25-30 minutes away to one of the larger cities.
>>
>>131188493
I haven't done hardware in years, I do AWS administration now

What kind of issues do your customers usually have? Is it generally just stupid stuff that a simple run of Malwarebytes or switching out an HDD can't fix?
>>
>>131162574

because that shit is a scam
>>
>>131188493
Confirmed.
I did this in my smaller city for years until it grew and got "licensed" shops. Never hurt for $$ or favors.
>>
>>131189720
How do you even begin to price your services if there's nobody else in the area?

I would assume that the smaller towns wouldn't have enough income to make the business worth it.
>>
>>131178488
>there's an old quote about those that seek out political jobs are the ones that are least fit to govern
this right here
>>
>>131189044
Real stupid stuff like the computer won't turn on because a wire isn't connected stupid stuff. The older they are, the dumber.
>>
>>131189104
It's a scam if you can't maintain your own property for cost, the few friends I've known that lived in these all at one time or another have found out that the "elected" and contracted staff of the HOA are getting kickbacks from lawn and tree companies, contractors, utility and ISP installers, you name it.

And if you got a slip to correct something you got questioned incessantly if you didn't contact one of their buddies to do the work, or had to basically go to what equated to HOA civil court (a meating with the comptrollers) to prove you did the work yourself "correctly".

What's even fucking funnier is that all of these comptrollers retain lawyers and threaten to sick them on anyone who dare to apply a correction slip to them.

I could never agree to have this kind of totalitarian regime control my life for some tiny sense of neighborly gated security.
>>
>>131189945
I would price by style of job and assumed hours of work to complete it, similar to a modern mechanic.

You can also look into some of the pricing for services at shops towns over people would have to travel to, and you charge just a bit higher than that, and people will usually weigh against having to take time to drive and wait and drive back to pickup etc.
>>
File: 555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg (33KB, 1108x400px) Image search: [Google]
555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg
33KB, 1108x400px
>>131166564
Steve-O:

44 years old.

Millennial.
>>
>>131162574
HOA is by the kikes for the goyim.
>>
>>131170131
I know that fucking feel man.
>Old black dude and his wife are the head of the HoA in my area even though everyone is white.
>No idea how they came into the money.
>They bitch about EVERYTHING.
>Decide one day I want some fucking fruit.
>Order a date tree that cost me half my soul and a nut.
>Plant that bitch in my backyard, shits looking GOOD.
>Crotchety old nigga sees it and complains.
>Tell him what I do on my property is my business.
>One night hear noises out back at like 3 am.
>Grab my .22LR and look outside and see a shadow by my tree.
>Shot that bitch in the leg.
>Hear an old nigga screaming.
>Run out there with my lantern and realize I just shot the old man through the shin and knee.
>Live in Florida so stand your ground came into effect since it was my property and a shovel counted as a weapon, wasn't charged.
>Old nigga doesn't bother me anymore.
I can't wait for them fuckin dates.
>>
>>131189945
Also, and especially if you are near a college or continued education center or something, you should build and refurbish rigs and laptops and every bit of iCrap you can get your hands on to sell besides. I made some pretty pennies buying up "junk" off CL and ebay, putting the bare amount of work into them to refurbish them, and turn them out for $100+ of what I put into them.
>>131191078
>>
>>131173429
where's <--- from, auschwitz?
>>
>>131185991
No. HOAs can be fucking awful.
>>
HOA? What does it mean? I think it's connected with sex. Isn't it? I'm Czech living in the first world porn industry, but I never heard about it.
>>
>>131179700
This Make a perfect sense now . I live in a HoA community and the President in charge of the neighborhood lives infront of me and is a boomer vietnam war veteran.
>>
>>131191647
that's pretty cool

I guess I just don't have the entrepreneurial spirit like you do though
>>
>>131191584
topkek, lucky you.
>>
>>131162574
>200+ replies in yet another SoEbot "why do/dont millennials x" thread

wew lad, this bot has been here for years and you niggers never learn
>>
>>131191993
With that said, you can't blame them for thinking their houses are an asset when they probably bought for 50K and now it's worth 300K
>>
>>131163318
>buy nice house
>middle class neighborhood
>no HOA
>all good
>then wild negros appear
>renters
>rap blasting from the time they wake up (2pm)
>till they go to sleep (5am)
>cars driving by blasting rap music
>cops there every other day
>property values plummet
>lower class people start really coming in now
>broke down cars everywhere
>chickens and roosters running around
>lawns look like fields of hay
>random garbage everywhere
>Mexicans painting their houses hot pink with bright yellow fences
>mariachi music now competing with the rap
>never ending din of incomprehensible music, yelling and cars revving
>laundry hanging out to dry in front yards
>your shit keeps getting broken into
>that 225k house you bought now valued at 120
>at least you didn't have to pay $60 a month to an HOA
>>
>>131182245
>lean
You mean they make your whole house crooked? Did you mean lien?
>>
>>131192366
What is up with these cultures? Don't they like peace and quiet and things that are clean and neat?
>>
>>131187807
wew lad, what do you call those cards like the one Pepe is holding? hadn't seen one those since I was 7
>>
>>131192012
Dude, I started out doing that shit on the side of a whole other full time job, but it flipped after I got literally swamped with people wanting simple repairs, cleanings, builds, "fix my beloved ancient X I can't live without!" and so on.

If you learn what to charge prices that beat people having to drive 30+ minutes out, or having to buy a new thing, and what parts and tools to stock in bulk etc, you do just fine even if it's just a side project.

My side-gig out of my back-room unintentionally turned into my main income for a few years, and I never even set up a storefront on Ebay or anything else, which most private and "professional" shops do also.
>>
>>131192366

>spending $225k on a house that's next to other houses

If I can't piss in my front yard without getting the cops called on me, I ain't buying it
>>
>>131162574
STOP USING SOE PICS
>>
>>131185991
Not a joke, but not all houses are like this. Most HOAs are in places with brand new houses that are big, wasteful with space on the inside, and built within a few yards of each other.
More rural areas, and older farmhouses and stuff, generally are not part of HOAs.
And less than half of houses in the US are probably part of HOAs.
They do suck, though.
>>
I just moved into my first home.
Lower middle class area; my neighborhood isn't bad but it's near some pretty crime ridden areas. Usually hear a couple gunshots popping off in the distance at some point most nights.
Bought a Gadsden flag just because every knows that flag means I have guns.
Have neighbors on both sides. One is a mexican family literally living the meme; they've got at least 6 kids and 2 adults living in a house smaller than mine and it's only three bed 1 bath. Backyard is full of trash and junk projects that never got started. Have a tiny fenced front yard with just enough room for some chairs and a trampoline and their kids are on it from when I get off work at 7 until 10 most nights jumping and screaming in bean speak.
Other side is a couple niggers. Seem like shit people but I can't see their yard. Only thing I know is that they play their car music loud until they get out of the car and they gave the previous owners of my home shit for building our fence right up to their garage.

Had a guy sitting out on his stoop see I was smoking a cigarette and he walked a block and entered my yard to try and bum one off me. It is much more gratifying than I thought to say "get the fuck off my property"
>>
>>131162574
Its the newest scam some un-american swindlers try to pass of so you can pay dues.
>>
>>131192366
A buddy of mine who lives in a gated modular community (I.E. trailer court but pretty nice and almost an HOA style community as well), they solved this same situation by involving the city and getting every kind of monetary citation applied to the problem households they could get them charged with. It's really hard to meet your rent/food/utilities/phone/car/etc when the local government is constantly dragging you into debt court, blocking your gibbmes, or garnishing your pay to get their money.
>>
>>131172469
>ID: POO
>>
>>131162574
Head over heels is a very vulnerable position. Any woman who doesn't HOA doesn't know here place
>>
>>131182068
You've clearly never lived in or near an HOA. They can fine you for a having a car out in front of your house that looks bad, they can fine you for having the wrong color on your house, they can fine you for having your grass too tall. If it comes between a covenant or an HoA though I'd choose Covenant because they're harder to enforce and they still keep the niggers out.
>>
>>131165342
Fuck you. Nigger.
>>
>>131193470
>Had a guy sitting out on his stoop see I was smoking a cigarette and he walked a block and entered my yard to try and bum one off me. It is much more gratifying than I thought to say "get the fuck off my property"

I could hear the loud, passing rap music being played and the teeth sucking from that guy when I was reading this part of your story.
>>
File: 1498267097736s.jpg (3KB, 121x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498267097736s.jpg
3KB, 121x125px
>>131176220
Oh fuck, light up pussy. Wtf I love 2017 now.
>>
>>131162574
>Why do millennials hate HOA?

Isn't it obvious? Because they've been told their whole lives that they're special little snowflakes, and the thought of having to conform and behave the same as everyone else is completely antithetical to their worldview. How are they supposed to express themselves if they can't paint rainbows on their mailbox?
>>
>>131162574
Because they are usually run by mentally and socially retarded baby boomers whose dads died in the war.
>>
>>131162574

>That pic

Hnnng
>>
>>131194338
bust your ass day in and day out to finally pay for you own piece of property in american only to have some unemployed drunk bitch drive up in a golf cart and reprimand you about the color of your trash cans

WRONG, NIGGER
>>
Why are millennials so stupid with money?

IF you buy a house in Florida, in the city, you want an HOA. Take a look at the one's that aren't and get back to me.

It is unfortunate that you have to force Floridians to not be lazy degenerate fucks.

If you don't want to take care of your shit, get an apartment.

Mine is 30 a month, ensures my investment maintains value, and provides a pool, hot tub, sauna, tennis courts.

Living in your parents basement, and buying toys instead of growing wealth is childish.
>>
>>131163318
then live in the boonies,
>>
HOA is filled with annoying old age losers who have nothing better to do than to be some watchdog for the neighbourhood

It's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>131179441

who fucking cares
>>
File: 1494108429239.jpg (95KB, 588x647px) Image search: [Google]
1494108429239.jpg
95KB, 588x647px
>>131181969
Yes goy, move to the city and by a condo! The city is diverse so you can be a good goy and find a qt racemixing girl too.
>>
>>131173026

Marijuana plants right along their front pocket fence.
>>
>>131162574
fuck the horn of africa
>>
File: 1496714796325.jpg (823KB, 2031x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1496714796325.jpg
823KB, 2031x3000px
>>131193697
Im going to need a quick rundown.
>>
>>131194715
Exactly, live in the boonies with a wide lot to maintain value, or an HOA in the city in Florida anyway
>>
>>131163360
This. Holy fuck this. My landlord literally has to come back in the middle of week-long business trips on the other side of the country 2 days into his trip to fix a fucking shingle because one is loose. The alternative is my neighbor snitches and he pays 2 grand to the HOA. Absolute horseshit.
>>
>HOA can legally take your house if you don't cut your grass
>hurr why do millennials hate HOA?
inb4 muh niggers
>>
At least it's one bit of kikery they don't buy into.
>>
File: 1384801036332.png (159KB, 274x282px) Image search: [Google]
1384801036332.png
159KB, 274x282px
>>131184727
When I was younger near the end of the 6th grade, my teacher put all of my junk into a garbage bag that was thin as fuck because I missed the clean up day due to family shit.
When I was carrying it home It ripped and a bunch of papers flew out on to some really fancy house's lawn. I started picking it all up and suddenly this old guy came running out screaming his head off and scared the shit out of me. Before I could snap myself out of the shock he balled his hand into his fist and struck me across the head.

It didn't even hurt, but I guess the shock of it all caused me to flip out and punch him in the stomach with my tiny fist. Enough to make him fall over in pain.

>Mfw Baby Boomers are so removed that they think they can just attack other people.
>Mfw they're so weak they can't even hurt a child.
>>
>big gubment is mean and tells me what to do
>private property means freedom because markets and freedom
>>
>>131186506
no sweetie, everyone who lives there has to pay the HOA fee, if they don't the HOA can take a lien against their property and kick them out.

So even if you own your property outright, you still have to pay the monthly HOA, and if the association is poorly managed, you end up having to pay for their mistakes (lawsuits, poor maintenance, etc.) with one time levys which can be in the many thousands of $$$ per household.

When the economy turns sour, then the real HOA crimes get uncovered.
>>
>>131162574
Because it is literally feudalism
>>
>>131192911
index cards
>>
File: 1498091256473.png (254KB, 713x713px) Image search: [Google]
1498091256473.png
254KB, 713x713px
>>131195999
Oh god, for tripps? fuck ya..

So, I will use the mexican't family that got evicted across the street from my buddy's home as it is the best example I think.

>5 kids all within 1 year of each other, 3 adults, 1 grandpa
>living in a 3 bdrm 1 bthrm modular home
>random junk and literal garbage constantly stren about the yard
>gets into everyone around's yards too
>complaining to property managers goes nowhere
>complaining to beaners goes nowhere
>be based gulfwar vet living 2 homes down sick of this shit
>meet in secret with other owners including my buddy
>start calling police ALL THE TIME
>jose starts piling up fines for garbage and junk rusting away in yard due to city ordinances
>jose loses prized possession - 1990 rusted out dogde shitbox truck he never got runnning again
>jose also gets hundreds of dollars in ordinance fines that the city is CONSTANTLY after them for
>DHS gets called at soem point because the kids are always unsupervised except 90yo Gpa who can't keep up and always being allowed to play with rusty junk and shit, etc
>2 youngest get taken away, with assosiated fines and DHS constantly at home checking other kids etc
>fines and such reach thousands of dollars after late fees and DHS involvement
>the bank forecloses on the extra loans and mortgages senpai took out to even have a chance in hell of keeping A FUCKING MODULAR HOME

tl;dr - DO NOT ever fuck with an ex-Army Ranger who just wants to live in some piece and quite.

This isn't the only shitty owner that's been kicked out of this park by this method either.
It's impossible for low income and welfare families to stay in HOA or parks when the man starts coming around for their citation $$$.
'Cuz, The Man ALWAYS gets their cut!
>>
File: 1382979297192.gif (1MB, 172x162px) Image search: [Google]
1382979297192.gif
1MB, 172x162px
>>131176220
>Open Source Hardware
>>
>>131163318
What happens if you don't pay the fine? Do you have these organizations everywhere?
>>
>>131162574
Hi. I'm a millennial homeowner and I don't hate my HOA.

I guess that's it, thanks.
>>
>>131183672
>stealing a neighborhood from a bunch of unwilling, existing occupants
Does this happen? Sounds scary.
>>
>>131163552
I have seen HOA fees of upwards of $500. Those ones usually include a golf course or pool you'll never use but it's there regardless.
>>
File: stoklasajpg2.png (77KB, 168x318px) Image search: [Google]
stoklasajpg2.png
77KB, 168x318px
>>131177026
Dipshit, that's why people hate them and don't want to move into a neighborhood with HOA. Please erect that wall and then lock yourself inside it you faggot.
>>
>>131171004
you've no idea the current state of US real estate development.

old established neighborhoods cost $2,000,000 to buy in.
new construction is built specifically with a housing development company setting up the HoA from the outset, like they were managing a condo complex.
>>
>>131192632
No.

Peaceful orderly and neat white societies are alien to them.

You must understand the fact that they have an eversge IQ well below whites and beside that are genetically predisposed to live in the now with no consideration for the future of their space or those around them.
>>
>>131162574
HOAs suck but they keep undesirables out.

I live in a nice safe community that is 80% white and the rest are middle class Latinos. Not a nigger in sight.
>>
>>131198385
>What happens if you don't pay the fine?
they can end up taking your fucking house
Do you have these organizations everywhere?
yes, literally everywhere
>>
>>131201989
Jesus. I thought the Americans were free.
>>
>>131202182
see
>>131183718
>>
>>131163318
>Don't have an HOA
>Black or Mexican neighbors move in
>Never mow again. Ground becomes dirt or weeds
>Three broken down rusting cars in the driveway
> Fence falling apart. Vicious pitbulls used for fighting trying to tear their way out anytime someone walks past
> Loud music until 4 am
> Your property value plummets. Can't even sell because no one wants to live to that mess.

Thank God I don't have an HOA. I'm the master of my own domain.
>>
>>131173429

fingernail clips can cause easily cause a wardrobe embergency here
>>
>>131191584
FOOKING BASED

LOL UPPITY ASS NIGGERS BTFO
>>
>>131184600
My neighbor was the last person to have his car booted in our neighborhood. They had family down or something so he parked his car in the street overnight. Woke up the next day to a boot, so he borrowed my zip cutter and cut it off. Never heard about anybody getting booted again.
>>
File: 85369040.jpg (102KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
85369040.jpg
102KB, 540x675px
>>131165252
this is obviously in the woods and built by some preteens i used to love doin shit like that

later we used it for drinking and drugs.
>>
>>131177026
The problem is that some towns have been taken over by hoas.
>>
>>131162574
hoa?
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.