[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do third parties have a legit serious place in America politics?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: donkey-and-elephant.jpg (52KB, 575x272px) Image search: [Google]
donkey-and-elephant.jpg
52KB, 575x272px
Or are they just a scheme to siphon votes from the two major parties?
>>
*American
>>
>>131130121
No one will ever vote third party because they hate the other side so much that they hold their nose and vote for their party's candidate.

The way it's been, the way it always will be.
>>
No, they have no place.

They probably didn't start has schemes like that (probably to make money and power for the founders), but they become that very quickly.
>>
>>131130121
>Draining votes away from the two main je... I mean ((parties))
>>
>>131130152
*USAian
>>
>>131130121
TFW its the same globalist party but with different focus on shit divide topics that don't affect anyone.
>>
>>131130121
I'm not sure. It seems that having many smaller corrupt parties would be worse than having two larger corrupt parties because it would be harder to hold them accountable (not that they are now.) Hypothetically, if there was a large scandal they could just close up shop and create a new throwaway party, right?

The main problem with the current system in the US is that there is not much difference between the two major parties, to the point where it appears they collude against the best interest of the country to keep themselves in power.
>>
>>131130121
Fuck off, Mr. Steinstein. The two party system is a crock of shit and Americans are starting to take notice of how fucking stupid it is
>>
>>131130121
Yes
see >>131130431
3rd parties hold the main party they align with hostage if they get large enough (3%)
>>
File: Le Pen can do it.png (442KB, 596x469px) Image search: [Google]
Le Pen can do it.png
442KB, 596x469px
>>131130121
I would love to see a third party that mattered. Until they can pull 10% or more they will not be relevant. to break up the currant 2 party system is a good goal though. We elect politicians who say one thing and do whatever they want, that needs to change!! Trump not part of the heard!!
>>
>>131130121
Third parties in US politics are pointless. The GOP Liberty Caucus is more influential than the Libertarian Party and the Dem Progressive Caucus is more influential than the Green Party.
>>
>>131130974
way I see it, Europe is the perfect example of how having multiple parties can hurt.

Right now, the right wing anti-immigrant parties can't get any traction because the other parties can band together to form coalitions specifically designed to fuck that specific party.

Whereas Trump, who's really just a third party conservative at heart, was able to just hostile takeover the Republican party, and they were forced to run him because he was running one of the only 2 parties
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.