[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /pol/ read books?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 345354797.jpg (65KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
345354797.jpg
65KB, 566x480px
Seriously, you can benefit a ton from reading. There is no good reason to not read, unless you are working full fucking time and raising 5 kids.
>>
Reading is for faggots
>>
Link me a book
>>
>>131120504
Give me a topic you're interested in. What do you want to read? If I don't have a pdf I'll give you a recommendation if the subject is in my library
>>
>>131120626
Nietzsche or Stirner or something along those lines
>>
>>131120451
Books and reading are basically irrelevant in this day and age, I'm sorry but it's absolutely true.

Anyone who kicks and screams about that fact is deluded.
>>
go through jordan peterson's reading list if you're looking for something to read
>>
File: IMG_0094.jpg (157KB, 310x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0094.jpg
157KB, 310x460px
>>131120504
Here read this
>>
>>131120451
>>131119999
>>
>>131120451
>unless you are working full fucking time and raising 5 kids
this still isn't an excuse not to read
i'm currently reading blood meridian for the second time
>>
>>131120720
I've never been interested in nihilism, or forced to read it for school. But if you're interested in Philosophy, I'd recommend anything by Plato. Aristotle is also worth reading if you're really interested, but denser and more time consuming. If you want something more modern and less well known, I'd recommend reading something by Prabhupada, or J. Krishnamurti
>>
File: Wew Lad by Anon Ymous.png (56KB, 357x327px) Image search: [Google]
Wew Lad by Anon Ymous.png
56KB, 357x327px
>>131120451
kek
>>
>>131120805
t. unskilled laborer
>>
>>131121289
That other thread only survived page ten because I bumped it, and then made this thread in frustration.
>>
>>131120451
Who needs books when you have all of the graphs and tweets you'll ever need at your fingertips? /pol/ is about rhetoric and oneupmanship, they don't actually care about the history, aesthetics, or criticisms of their ideologies.
>>
File: IMG_4569.jpg (21KB, 318x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4569.jpg
21KB, 318x455px
GOONAN IS THE ONLY PATH YOU FUCKING SHUT IN REJECTED KEKS
>>
>>131121738
hey Sean
>>
File: convfefe.jpg (56KB, 700x483px) Image search: [Google]
convfefe.jpg
56KB, 700x483px
>>131120504
>>
>>131121374
pol regularly has book threads tho, relax
>>
>>131120451

Why? Because I am a nigger from Baltimore.

http://freedomproject.com/the-newman-report/242-six-baltimore-schools-can-t-produce-a-single-student-proficient-in-english-math
>>
If you don't read, don't have five kids ffs.
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (41KB, 322x499px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
41KB, 322x499px
>>131122098
he influenced Nazi intellectuals with his idea of the ubermensch
>>
>>131120504
https://archive.org/details/TheUndergroundHistoryOfAmericanEducation_758

John Taylor Gatto is a former New York public schoolteacher who taught for thirty years and won multiple awards for his teaching. However, constant harassment by unhelpful administrations plus his own frustrations with what he came to realize were the inherent systemic deficiencies of our `public' schools led him to resign; he now is a school-choice activist who writes and speaks against our compulsory, government-run school system.

In the final analysis, Gatto believes that compulsory, government-run schooling is inherently destructive to true education, the cultivation of self-reliance, and indeed to individualism - which used to be a defining element of the American character. The true purpose of our public school system in reality has more to do with control than it does with learning. This does not mean that rank-and-file teachers, principals, and even superintendents believe they are making students dumber, more conformist, less self-reliant, less capable of genuine analytical, independent thought, and more easily controlled; most people involved in the system no doubt believe that they are trying their best to really teach their students. However, the system itself (which Gatto often characterizes as a complex web) ensures that its real purpose is served, despite the efforts of individual reformers within it - that true democracy is rendered unworkable even as the trappings of democracy are allegedly bolstered.
>>
>>131124208
Based
>>
>>131120504
Here ya go!
http://sacred-texts.com/index.htm
>>
>>131124208
I blame the the decadent society. What good are schools when most kids dont care about learning?!
>>
>>131120451
>There is no good reason to not read

I read a lot, so at this point I like to think I understand a bit about a wide array of topics. At the same time, upon leaving the world of theses and constructed arguments I realize that all the understanding in the world can not ease a mind that feels profoundly alienated from it.

I read about political philosophy, without ever engaging in policy making or debates with tangible consequences. I read about history while lamenting the fact that history is largely ignored by the masses. I read about economics and realize neither politicians or their constituents want to live in a world of scarcity.

I mostly feel like I'm read voraciously to fill a gaping void.
>>
>>131125689
You've got that backwards "school" makes kids not want to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7PPR93XJk

Watch this from the 21:15-25:10 for a quick rundown. Most of the Prussian school system, ~94%, is geared towards dumbing the population down into lever pullers. America had the Prussian system of K-12 forced down it's throat.

>>131121286
Just listened to an audiobook of Plato's Republic. Wow holy shit, it's all there. Feminism(teach women like men, but give them a lighter load), multiculturalism(noble lie), various class structures of society(bronze,iron,silver gold. Spirited, wise, profit motivated). Give it listen if you have some time to kill. Lays out the foundations of most societies and admits those concepts are even older than the Greeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqGsg01ycpk

There are good versions of The Peloponnesian War, and Epic of Gilgamesh on youtube as well.
>>
>>131126919
You are a shill for private for profit schools.
>>
>>131120451
My eyes are shit at reading books and I have a short attention span.
>>
>>131127832
I'm a shill for homeschooling. IDK shit about the private, or charter school systems. I hear private is good if you like the religion they preach.
>>
>>131127969
Download audiobooks and listen to them in your car, or at work.
>>
File: 81qtUFFci-L.jpg (285KB, 907x1360px) Image search: [Google]
81qtUFFci-L.jpg
285KB, 907x1360px
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.