[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iceland, good or bad?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: flagoficeland.png (6KB, 1280x922px) Image search: [Google]
flagoficeland.png
6KB, 1280x922px
Can someone redpill me on Iceland? I'm thinking about moving there when I get out of college but i'm just wondering if any of you guys who have maybe visited/lived there had any advice or info.
>>
>>131078678
PART
>>
>>131078678
it's probably the most depressing country in Europe. same 15°C all year around, same overcast grey sky, entire population of the island is 300 000 souls. no sights to see, nothing.
>>
>>131078678
Not for you burgermix
>>
>>131078678
Have fun learning the language
>>
File: icelandnature.jpg (1MB, 2000x1429px) Image search: [Google]
icelandnature.jpg
1MB, 2000x1429px
>>131078897
>no sights to see, nothing
>>
Island of inbreds
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (89KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
89KB, 900x900px
>>131078979
The hardest part about trying to learn the language is that there are little to no sites/resources to do so. Sucks ass.
>>
>>131078678
>I'm thinking about moving there when I get out of college

It's not an easy country to immigrate to.

I stayed there for 2 months.. I have to tell you, it's very similar to Canada.

You can only buy booze at state run stores, and it's taxed to hell.

They have had a lesbian as leader, by the way, Prime Minister Jóhanna Sigurdardóttir.

Cost of living is very high, but if you can manage to get a job there (which is not easy for a foreigner) you'd be fine.
>>
>>131079588
>very similar to Canada.
And this is the sort of thing I am referring to there-- "free speech" is not seen the same as in the US: https://youtu.be/HRPej9mwvME
>>
they don't like immigrants, stay away
>>
>>131078678
>fat girls
>expensive everything
>nothings open ever because people take months off work
>graffiti ruining the nice old buildings
>arctic weather and wind
>the only friends you will make are other tourists/foreigners
>>
>>131079940
>>fat girls
Bullshit.

>>expensive everything
Aside from butter, very true.
>>nothings open ever because people take months off work
I don't know about that, but everything is on a weird schedule because of endless nights in winter and endless days in summer.

>>graffiti ruining the nice old buildings
I didn't see that at all.

>>arctic weather and wind
The wind is downright warm and pleasant compared to northern US/Canada. On average, it's much milder than the US Northwest/Canadian East

>>the only friends you will make are other tourists/foreigners
I had luck meeting girls on the one dating webstie (can't recall the name, but it's well known there.)
>>
>>131078897

sounds perfect
>>
>>131080986
>Northwest
North East, I meant
>>
>>131078678

I will say that you moving there, without already having a job as your foot in the door, is going to be very, very difficult.
>>
>>131078678
Shit place
>>
File: creepy.png (82KB, 247x249px) Image search: [Google]
creepy.png
82KB, 247x249px
>>131084186
can you elaborate, faggot? dont just say its a shit place and not explain.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.