[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programmers, why haven't you taken tha cyanide pill?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: WE WUZ ALAN TURING.jpg (64KB, 506x336px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ ALAN TURING.jpg
64KB, 506x336px
For one, programming is an incredibly degrading job that offers 0 job security and is the vocation most plagued by ageism by a far margin. You are not respected at any company. Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job except get his dick sucked in the corner office cucks you into doing random bitch work, and then yells at you when it's not done by the deadline despite being impossible to complete the work requested. Not only that, the code never works, your co-workers are Indians from Tata Consultancy who will replace you for 20% of your salary and you must train them to get your $100 severance, and the work never, ever ends. You pollute your body with the caffeinenated Jew, deprive it of sleep, and let it rot while you sit 18 hours a day, neglecting any exercise, social interaction or life game goal attainment.

It's like a postal worker, but coupled with feelings of loneliness, helplessness and total hopelessness. Programmers are too depressed to go postal, a sad state of affairs! After dentists, programmers have the highest rates of mental disorders, especially depression and suicide.

It gets worse. Women, when they hear you are a programmer, instantly reject you. It is far better to tell a woman you are on welfare than to out yourself as a computer programmer. It's the ultimate humiliation for a woman to be seen with a programmer, as everyone knows they are the grown-up version of the hopeless virgin in high school. One who never really grew up and became normal and fit into society, but rather found an environment where he could escape the reality of his situation and be invisible, able to hide the toxic shame and utter humiliation that is the programmer.

Even the founder of coding, Alan Turing, 404'd himself with cyanide because he was a coder. Programmers, why haven't you taken the cyanide pill and quit (((coding))) and turned to a respectable and productive profession?

>t. programmers after tax make the same as a Subway Sandwich Artist
>>
>>>/bant/
>>
>>131063828

why you keep making this copy pasta. these threads usually ends up as /cozy/ programming threads
>>
File: 1495934143749.jpg (2MB, 3364x3364px) Image search: [Google]
1495934143749.jpg
2MB, 3364x3364px
>>131063828
coder here. make $60K in toronto and that's high. clinically depressed and suicidal.

fuck coding
>>
>>131064699
60k is a pretty comfy middle class life over here in Buf. Not sure what COL is there in Toronto but it must be quite a bit higher than here.
I would hate living in a big city tho.

>t. rural suburban retard
>>
>>131064699
Canada is notorious for shitty pays for programming work though.
>>
Should have gotten that software engineering degree instead of the lowly computer science one.
>>
I'm looking at doing an MBA and switching careers.

Any suggestions for a career that's not suicide inducing?

>inb4 all coders want to do MBAs. I'm a female programmer so I'm unique
>>
File: tech.jpg (126KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
tech.jpg
126KB, 1000x773px
>>131064699
see >>131065038
Gotta move south bro
>>
>>131063828
stale pasta
sage
>>
>>131065146
>I'm a female programmer so I'm unique
get into whoring hoe
>>
>>131063828
It does suck but I make more than 200k a year
>>
write a program that counts down from 100 to 0 , but u have to strat with for (i = 100,

go
>>
>>131065481

lol no wait, i mean count from 0 to 100
>>
Work for a startup.
I make 175k a year and work from home.
My job is fun, and I get all the free training I want.

Of course you need to move to a place that actually has startups (Boston, NY, NJ, CA etc.)

I live in Boston.

PS I didnt even go to college lawl
>>
>>131065477

is there anyway to branch out from programming into sales or just something else more business oriented? surely programmers can go into IT sales if they want to and have the right personality? or some kind of admin job?
>>
>>131065826
Programmers are betas and omegas, sales are alphas.
>>
Programming is easy as fuck, and is gauranteed to be around longer than your job.
Pay is also solid. 60k outa college and gets a lot better too.
Idiots with no skills ask me to make easy things.
Living in cool city neighborhood near bars and restaurants.
Still make enough to save signficant money.
Working in cool skyscraper downtown.
Dont have dress nice but i do anyways so i can go out to happy hour with friends and get ladies.

Programming is nice.
>>
Married a programmer
>>
>>131065545
Just make a for loop from 0 to 100 but print out 100 minus i each time
>>
>>131065481

int reverse = 100;
for (int i = 100; i >= 0; --i) {
std::cout << i - reverse << '\n';
reverse -= 2;
}
>>
>Alan Turing, 404'd himself with cyanide because he was a coder.
Totally wasnt anything to do with the chemical castration.
Nope not at all.
>>
>>131067174
Probably would've offed himself earlier if not for the castration to cure his degenerate tendencies desu.
>>
>>131066993

reverse -= 2;

why? now it counts down with 2 at the time?
>>
>>131067396
i decrements by 1
reverse decrements by 2

every time it loops, the distance between those two numbers increases by 1.

you output that difference
ie: count from 0 to 100.
>>
>>131065481
int main (){
for (int i = 100; i >= 0; i -= 1){
printf("%d\n", 100 - i);
}
}
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/bant/1155870
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.