[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any truckers on /pol/? Good job choice or nah?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ekxl5wznle5z.jpg (147KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
ekxl5wznle5z.jpg
147KB, 750x1334px
Any truckers on /pol/? Good job choice or nah?
>>
File: solution to refugee problem.png (517KB, 855x477px) Image search: [Google]
solution to refugee problem.png
517KB, 855x477px
>>131056981
truckers need to claim their rightful place as world leaders desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE
>>
Something that machines can already do.
>>
>>131058074
machines have been slowly integrated into trucking for the last 15 years.
i have had a front seat to this implementation for the last 10 years.
you should be very, very afraid of computers driving trucks on the highways.
>>
>>131058321
Do tell.
>>
>>131056981
holy fuck top kek
>>
>>131056981
>filthy non-flag poster
(Thread hidden)
>>
>>131056981

Will be automated by around 2030.
>>
>>131058321
Ultimately yes. But there will be a 10 year window where the machine drives the truck, and you stay in the cab, chilling.
They will tolerate this because a) it's necessary b) the company has their eyes on the prize of no drivers ever again,with all potential wrinkles ironed out.
>>
>>131056981
kek
>>
>>131056981

Hopefully it is. I took a meme degree and I work in a bullshit office job. Mining company near to my home town is looking for workers. Should I just say goodbye to higher career hopes and apply?
>>
>>131057382
How hard can it be? Just give the police a gun and allow them to shoot them...
>>
File: 1489693843107.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489693843107.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
>131057382

Go into delivery first, before you even think of doing long haul. And if you do long haul, try to get a local route that brings you home on the weekends.

OTR will slowly drive you insane.

>>131058321
>i have had a front seat to this implementation for the last 10 years.

Well, you suck at it, because they can't even get Tesla cuckmobiles to drive accident free without a driver. Try to imagine 80,000 pounds or more of truck cruising down the highway towards a school bus with the same lousy track record.

What's more, the industry is so backwards most trucks are still stick shifters. That's to say nothing of private owners mostly driving Peterbilt.

Get your head out of the popular science magazines for a change.
>>
>>131058831
Dude that would blow. They will no doubt install cameras to ensure the human isn't sleeping or playing on there phone or drunk. You really want to play passenger for 8 hours a day with nothing to do but stare at the road and hope the machine screws up to alleviate the boredom?
>>
>>131058321
>you should be very, very afraid of computers driving trucks on the highways.

Why? We already let stupid fucks who can't be responsible enough to not drive tired or intoxicated do it. How much worse could it be
>>
>>131058636
>hi I'm from t_d, please rape my asshole
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.