[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Matthew 7:21-27

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: cxtvxay7v05z.jpg (116KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
cxtvxay7v05z.jpg
116KB, 720x960px
“Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’
>>
>>130956618
Can literally apply to anyone
>>
>>130956783
The hypocrites know who they are. They know very well.
>>
>>130956618
This is a key verse in refutation of Calvinist theology which teaches that once Christ is mentally accepted as "Lord", the salvation is assured and can never be lost. In this verse, the Lord identifies those who call Him "Lord" - the very requirement Calvinist theology purports leads to salvation -yet they are told to "depart" as "evildoers".

Yes, you CAN lose your salvation. Just because you declare your religious acts to be "in the name" of Jesus, does not mean they are authorized. You might believe yourself one that knows God, but you may be acting out your own will and not God's and He does not "know" or have any relationship to you.

Concrete example: Rom. 6:3, we are baptized "into" Christ and subsequently have that relationship with him. One may choose to try and enter the relationship by saying the "sinners prayer", but prior to water baptism (immersion), you do NOT have that relationship and if you are not baptized He will say "depart". No amount of pleading regarding your good works will suffice as a replacement for compliance with his command "He that believes and is baptized shall be saved" (Mark 16:16)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.