[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Brick and Mortar Retail so shit?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1496945938578.jpg (42KB, 527x588px) Image search: [Google]
1496945938578.jpg
42KB, 527x588px
I think Amazon is getting too big. How is it that modern fucking brick and mortar store fail to even effectively provide the one thing that online stores cannot? That being serivce and actual fucking product knowledge.

I went to a Michaels to buy some professional oil paints. Since I didn't know what brand/best quality and value I expected the workers at a arts & crafts store to know about paints.
Every staff member was a somilaIan or poointheloo that barely spoke engish and probably didn't know the difference between natural brow pigments and the shit on the streets.
When I did the research myself and found what I was looking for the didn't have the set but could order it for me online. Why would I come to a store to buy an item online? That defeats the entire reason I would even come to a brick and mortar store.
>Underpaid and clueless staff
>Short stock to save on shelf space meaning you will never find what you are looking for
>Prices are higher then amazons
I know the competetion is hard withamazon but how can anyone feel sorry for malls when they have litterally done the complete opposite to bring incentive to get customers in their doors.

The sad thing is I don't remeber it being this bad. Going to Macys in NYC was like a fun experience same goes for electronic stores ect.
>>
They don't have the volume to maintain service levels. Wal-mart has a curb side pick-up service now, though. They've eliminated the primary barrier to a lot of their would be customers, that being going inside wal-mart. You just pick out what you want online, and then they bring it to your car.
t. not wal mart shill
>>
>>130946996
SAGE SAGE SAGE
>SAGE SAGE SAGE
SAGE SAGE SAGE

This is an anti-amazon pro-walmart shill.
Walmart is hurting hard because they have been outkiked.
This faggot is paid to make these threads and shill against amazon and has been making these threads all week.
>>
>>130949410
I would never shop at wallmart, their products are shit and the stores are dirty as fuck. All brick and mortar is hurting hard. Because they flat out suck.

Without comming off as a hipster, If I can't find i.e clothing at at department I try the local thrift stores in the city.
>>
>>130946996
>what is overhead?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.