[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the dividing line between leftists and liberals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1497911941505.png (844KB, 758x987px) Image search: [Google]
1497911941505.png
844KB, 758x987px
Yes before you start screaming i know leftists and liberals are not the same, but can someone give me a rundown. like i have heard of right wing liberals, how does that work?
>>
american?

US liberals =/= european liberals, they're completely different
>>
look up classical liberalism, that's probably what "right wing liberal" refers to
>>
A right wing liberal is one who believes in individual freedoms as well as economic freedom, with low taxes and a small state, left wing liberals also believe in individual freedom like civil rights and pot but believe that the government should spend a lot of money for services. Not all leftists are liberals and not all liberals are leftists but it's much more common to find a left wing liberal than a right wing liberal (Alex Jones) or a left wing conservative (Duterte).
>>
>>130946769
thamks for that-what about bill maher, hes a right wing liberal right?

there are many right wing liberals who are anti tranny/feminism/black people etc this is what im trying to understand.
>>
bamping for answers
>>
>>130947300
left and right is pure economics, Duterte or the soviets for example don't give a shit about feminism or civil rights shit, what you're talking about are classical liberals that believe in individual freedoms and don't necessarily drink the social justice koolaid (or claim to). Classical liberals are usually center-left to right wing.
>>
>>130946623
>"right wing liberal"
I think we all know who the """"right wing liberals"""" are.
>>
>>130948143
i guess bcause i am getting confused on the indivudual freedoms thing-i would think having certain rights would give you these freedoms, no?
>>
>>130948429
jews?
>>
Individual freedoms, such as the freedom to use drugs, gamble, be a prostitute, or marry as a homo could be argued on a liberal standpoint at any end of the left-right spectrum, while how big the state should be, like education, healthcare, military, welfare, and pensions would be an issue specific to the left wing and right wing, with the left believing that the government should purely provide these services, while the right believe that these should be more privatized and left up to the market.
>>
>>130949098
i thought right wing people were not supposed to be degenrates?
>>
>>130946205
Leftists aren't liberals. Its that simple. Leftists believe in certain sanctioned social liberties, but just about everything else they believe in government organization and coercion as a widespread means of establishing a social order.

A classic liberal believes in freedom from coercion as the highest ideal. A modern "liberal" believes in coercion to impose a standard of relativism and indiscriminate non-judgment onto everybody. Basically, you're free to do and think as you please so long as you never make a claim or action (even implicitly) that one thing might be desirable over another.
>>
>>130950002
If you want to read a bit about how the language of freedom was co-opted by leftists, Hayek talks a bit about it in the beginning chapters of The Road to Serfdom.
>>
>>130949508
It's much rarer, typically liberalism is for people who are emotional, so they want to help reduce poverty as much as possible, and so they're for state education, single payer, a welfare state, and state pensions, as well as liberal social policies like the LGBTQIABCDEFG+ rights garbage and dude weed lmao. The right which isn't prone to emotion as much don't really want state policies like single payer or a welfare state and believe more in pulling yourself more by your bootstraps and making your own way tend to believe more that individual freedoms should exist, while not always participating in the degeneracy themselves.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.