[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Industrial Complex

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

What is your opinion on the military industrial complex
>>
File: 1490586143333.jpg (391KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490586143333.jpg
391KB, 1280x800px
>>130937271

IT IS A GOOD WELFARE PROGRAM FOR ENGINEERS, WE NEED TO MAINTAIN TECHNICAL SUPERIORITY AND READYNESS FOR WHEN GOOK GREASING TIME STARTS AGAIN
>>
I think The Pentagon Wars is a good movie
>>
>>130937498
FUCK GOOKS MAN
>>
File: Hand_over_the_delegates_Dahnald.png (833KB, 900x670px) Image search: [Google]
Hand_over_the_delegates_Dahnald.png
833KB, 900x670px
We're hitting some breakthroughs on cloning super soldiers

This army of Ted skelegates is unstoppable
>>
>>130937498
>welfare program for engineers
ouch
>>
>>130937271
Gotta have it if you want to play with the big boys. This goes all the way back to Ancient Rome.
>>
>>130937921
Great movie
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>130937271

They should turn Warfare into a Sport. Plenty of empty space/locations around the world to set up "Arena's" for it.

You can classify the MIC/Deep State/Black Budget like this:

MIC = Military

Deep State = IC

BBP(Black Budget Projects) = R&D.

KB Archives: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/
>>
>>130938758
That would be pretty sick to watch
>>
>>130937921
I wish I knew more movies like this
>>
>>130937271
Maintaining superiority is expensive. I've been inside and seen the complex. Companies like Lockheed and Boeing are double edged swords. They are necessary and we need them. They present a massive advantage for us. They also get more than their fair share of bullshit slush contracts and basically have money thrown at them. DARPA and other research groups are necessary as well, even if they do have runaway budgets and are not punished for their dead ends and failures (because such punishment would stifle true creative development).

Basically the military industrial complex is awful and a huge financial burden for the United States. As much as I wish we could stop spending on it we cannot allow our power to wane in the face of the Chinese. We have a hard time holding ourselves back from outright idiotic behavior, they will not be so restrained if they become the unchecked top dog on the planet.
>>
It's an imbalanced symbiosis, and it's not entirely the arms company's fault.

The west needs advanced weaponry, and lots of it. However, these companies charge way too much for what they are delivering. With any other product, you'd just go to their cheaper competition to get what you need, but since the marketplace for advanced weapons is an oligopoly, the companies can just collude to keep prices high.

In other markets, a small, nimble company can potentially upset the stranglehold and force more competition. But the arms giants are so horribly bloated and inefficient that the loss of a major contract could bankrupt them. Also, they can threaten to release classified technology to geopolitical competitors, or simply move operations to a different country.

So these companies need fat stacks of USD, but they aren't giving the US military the necessary bang for their buck, and there's no good way to force them to lower their prices. The US needs the weapons, and they have no real choice but to keep buying from the companies that are fucking them over.

Then there's also the phenomenon of congress continually increasing the unit cost of weapon systems by placing high initial orders, and then cutting the number they purchase down to a quarter of the initial order. The F22 for example, or the Zumwalt destroyer. in 1994 750 F22s were ordered. That number was continually cut until the Air Force ended up only getting 187, spreading the R&D and tooling costs over a quarter of the ordered aircraft. The Zumwalt was even worse. They ordered 32, and cut it down to 3. THREE. So all the R&D costs of an entirely new class of stealth destroyer is being spread over THREE ships.

tl;dr - oligopoly plus classified information plus incompetent congress means shit costs way way WAY too fucking much.
>>
>>130937271
Not a fan of nationalizing industries, but defense is one of the most important state industries and should be nationalized to prevent over-pricing, supplying enemies, or making it impossible for expensive projects to fail by spreading the jobs dependent upon them as thinly as possible across a country
>>
>>130937271
Should be controlled by the state
>>
We should also keep in mind that it's not just the US that has problems with military procurement. It's pretty much endemic across the entire western world. Countries take way, way too long figuring out what to buy, then they try to source the parts for what they're buying to local companies (lots of corruption here), then the government changes and the order is cut/delayed/altered or even cancelled, often causing cancellation fees. Then they get caught up in a war and change their minds again forcing more delays and retooling.

The governments don't really give a fuck because at every stage in this farce they have opportunities for graft and corruption, and it's not like they're the ones who are going to be sent to war with 30 year old garbage because the government isn't competent enough to buy the necessary weapons.
>>
File: 235325_full.jpg (63KB, 809x1000px) Image search: [Google]
235325_full.jpg
63KB, 809x1000px
>>130939090

They need to put caps on the orders, or at least make it way harder to cut down on order numbers.

That crap is ridiculous.
>>
>>130939090
I agree, it would be nice if there were new contracting companies that would be competitive with the giants ie. Boeing or Lockheed but it will almost be crushed by them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.