[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dodging a bullit.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: xir.jpg (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
xir.jpg
1MB, 1500x1125px
>be me
>be 2IC in busy catering company
>looking to employ some casual staff
>soon to be very busy as have picked up some moderately big corporate clients
>going thru applications
>similar to pic related throuple arrive handing in one CV for all of them
>I go thru resume looking for past exp. cooking/catering even cleaning etc.
>cv is full of references to them being independent non-binary non-trad game designers
>I query them about exp relevant to industry
>immediately told by loud mouthy stinky woman that they identify as XIR and I MUST refer to Xem as such...
>I try hard no to laugh. I ask their names and say this might be easier - really just looking to fuck them off asap as they clearly have no skills I am interested or can be used in the kitchen
>get told that I am triggering xem and I am being cis-ablist in my judgement of xem
>I bite the bullet and as politely as possible state that due to their specific lack of exp working in kitchens or catering there will be no position open to them today...
>am told that as per Centrelink guidelines I cannot discriminate against xem based on age, sex or orientation
>>
>I reiterate that the reason they are not being offered a job today is due to the fact that there is only one position open and that none of xem have ANY exp working in a kitchen. I am starting to get annoyed at this stage
>the bloke is on his phone, he tells me I have to speak to whoever's on the line - I'm ready to call Larry out from the kitchen to help me see these guys off the property. Larry is very big and is a former bikie jailbird. And looks the part.
>I [stupidly] take the phone eventually after being shout at repeatedly
>Cunterlink apparatchik on the line asks who I am, where I work. I tell her my first name, and business. She tells me I cannot discriminate against these 3 as they will use govt. money and resources to prosecute me and the co. for discrimination
LIGHTBULB MOMENT - as an employer I have no legal obligation to offer casual employees any minimum hours for shifts.
>I say "The job is yours, please write your numbers on this paper and we'll be in touch about when we have shifts available"
>make a point of screwing paper up in front of them and lobbing into the bin
>"We'll be in touch when we have some shifts"

inb4 noice blog post.
>>
Should have told the Centrelink POS exactly what you told them. They have no experience, you are looking for experienced staff - nothing to do with age, sex or orientation.

If you don't stand up to this insanity, it will only get worse.
>>
>>130890863
Sadly, if I'd said no I'd probably have lost my job after the business went bust having been sued for discrimination.
As it is they came back a couple of weeks later (to the day - does newstart have logging and reporting for job application?) - I just said
>"there's nothing yet - I'll let you know"
>>
cis-ablist bamp.
>>
independent non-binary non-trad game designer bimpitty
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.